Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 191

Thread: What have they done?

  1. #1
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191

    What have they done?

    A silly little game:

    Post something not Prog that has a Prog relevance. The first to get it right posts something again.. (and so on)


    So what has this to do with Prog???


  2. #2
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    No one giving it a try.

    Some small hint: It's about the lady in red (her full given name is Roselyne)

  3. #3
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    Would it be possible to get it without knowing who Rose and Willy are?

    Unless the answer is "Clap"?

  4. #4
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Would it be possible to get it without knowing who Rose and Willy are?
    Yeep. I checked it, the most simple Google search will bring up at least 4 correct solutions at the top.
    (so you don't need to know anything about them)

  5. #5
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yeep. I checked it, the most simple Google search will bring up at least 4 correct solutions at the top.
    (so you don't need to know anything about them)
    So... is "Clap" the answer, or not?

  6. #6
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    So... is "Clap" the answer, or not?

    ehhh... NO.

    Just try Roselyn and Progressive Rock. It's not really difficult...

  7. #7
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    ^^ I'm sure someone else will have solved it by the time I get up in the morning.

  8. #8
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Just copy that to Google and you will know : "Roselyn" Progressive Rock

  9. #9
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    8,655
    But somebody should be able to guess this, not use Google? Is it necessary to watch the video to guess it?

  10. #10
    Maschera di Cera?
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

  11. #11
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    8,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Maschera di Cera?
    How do you get that?
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

  12. #12
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Maschera di Cera?
    No, the other band on that DVD!

  13. #13
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    But somebody should be able to guess this, not use Google? Is it necessary to watch the video to guess it?

    Of course. Look what we have: we have two obviously French vocalists. I already gave away that it is Roselyn I am looking for.
    So how many french Progressive Rock bands have (or had) a vocalist called Roselyn?

  14. #14
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    This is too cryptic for me. I think I'll stick to the GCHQ grid-shading puzzle - seems simpler.

  15. #15
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    This is too cryptic for me. I think I'll stick to the GCHQ grid-shading puzzle - seems simpler.
    it's just: In wich French prog band did Roselyn sing? Not really cryptic....

  16. #16
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    Is it the same Roselyn?

    Honestly, I'm sure lots of PE members are likely to know this, though I don't, but no one seems to be coming forward.

    I still think "Clap" would have been a good answer!

  17. #17
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Is it the same Roselyn?

    Honestly, I'm sure lots of PE members are likely to know this, though I don't, but no one seems to be coming forward.

    I still think "Clap" would have been a good answer!
    Yes she is, her band is long gone, now she does Pop/Chanson stuff.

    I would love to know how you came up with "Clap", which by the way has one letter more that the correct answer.

  18. #18
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yes she is, her band is long gone, now she does Pop/Chanson stuff.

    I would love to know how you came up with "Clap", which by the way has one letter more that the correct answer.
    Well, I watched the video, and I saw that she was clapping, and I thought "Ah, the answer is Clap, the song from The Yes album."

  19. #19
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Well, I watched the video, and I saw that she was clapping, and I thought "Ah, the answer is Clap, the song from the Yes album."
    Cool, but that is about a hundred times more complicated than the answer I'm looking for.... (wich is either a river or nothing at all)

  20. #20
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    I know the answer now, having done a search, which was not as simple as you suggested. Remember that the Google search engine does not simply search based on the words entered into the search bar; it also takes into account your search history and your location.

    Anyway, I have one ready to go, but since I believe Dana5140 got the answer it's her turn to supply a puzzle.

  21. #21
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I know the answer now, having done a search, which was not as simple as you suggested. Remember that the Google search engine does not simply search based on the words entered into the search bar; it also takes into account your search history and your location.

    Anyway, I have one ready to go, but since I believe Dana5140 got the answer it's her turn to supply a puzzle.
    She just choosed the wrong band from a DVD featuring only two bands..

    Of course you are right about Google, but I got 7500 hits with about 1/3 of them about the right topic....

    Entering just "Roselyn" in the search field in PA would have solved it also...

  22. #22
    I guess not many folks know Nil ;-)
    (but you probably had something else in mind...)

  23. #23
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I guess not many folks know Nil ;-)
    (but you probably had something else in mind...)
    No, of course it's Nil with the lovley Roselyn Berthet (not kowing the band is a huge mistake by the way )


  24. #24
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    8,655
    I really didn't know one of the people in the YouTube video was actually involved in Prog somehow - I thought the whole video was just some conceptual clue. The instructions were pretty unclear.

  25. #25
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    32S 116E
    Posts
    0
    OK, what's the prog connection here?

    Elton_John_-_Don't_Shoot_Me_I'm_Only_the_Piano_Player.jpg

    Clue: The answer has nothing to do with Elton John.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •