Thread: Particle?

Particle?

Just curious if anyone has seen Particle recently? They are coming to a club near me. I loved their debut album “Launchpad”, but I am not aware that they have released much since, and I have heard that they changed their sound / style quite a bit since then. I know they also have had some personnel changes, so just wondering if anyone has seen them in the past few years and if so, are they worth checking out?

Yes go see them. I saw them in October and they were great. It's about the 7th time I have seen them and no loss with the different band members. They are saying they hope to be releasing that 2nd cd soon. Biggest difference is they have vocals here and there. They still do the jam thing very very well.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    They seemed to drop their prog influences after "Launchpad" and became a typical jam band.
    Chad

Interesting to note...IIRC they were one of the first signings by Michael Caplan for his Or Music label....the guy who signed echolyn to Epic/550.

Sorry, but I saw them long ago, with Robbie Krieger joining them on stage fro a number of modern-jazzed-up versions of old Doors songs, Robbie was awesome, even in his 60's he still has it going and they did a masterful remake of Riders on the Storm...!

Here are the tour dates listed on their site:
    http://particlepeople.com/uncategori...ady-to-launch/