Thread: Thursaflokkurinn popping arbitrarily up in Icelandic TV-series

Thursaflokkurinn popping arbitrarily up in Icelandic TV-series

We get quite a few Icelandic TV dramas and crime stories here in Norway, and watching this one I was suddenly caught by the familiarity of a tune playing in the background while a family is enjoying their morning coffee - specifically at 07:16 and a bit onwards.

This is "Einsetumathur Einu Sinni" from Thursaflokkur's 1978 debut album. They were the finest of a handful and a half Icelandic progressive bands from the 'classic era' of the genre, and I figured it sufficient enough of curiouso for those in the know as well as for the ones who'd might not realize how important such music was for the coming-of-age of the 70s youth generation in the Nordic countries. It is also interesting in light of just how disproportionally relevant Icelandic artists have proved themselves on the international music scene for three decades now; believe me, attentive listeners are expected to recognize the tone of this.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/innesperret/...ng-1/episode-3

I sure as holly had myself a good laugh.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Have to check if Danish TV will show this.

You get the message:
    "NRK har ikke rettigheter til å vise dette programmet utenfor Norge"

(NRK doest haave permission to show this program outside Norway)

^

Which basically renders this whole thread utterly worthless. Or at least pointless.

But if they could have SEEN the damn clip, discussion would have been soaring!

Or not. It's closing in on terminal now.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Always nice to see a thread about Thursaflokkurinn. I totally love that band, highly underrated stuff.

Their one time comback DVD with the Icelandic Caput Orchestra is absolutley awesome, and my favourite Prog DVD
    of all time.

I also just love this weird TV Show:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^

Which basically renders this whole thread utterly worthless. Or at least pointless.

But if they could have SEEN the damn clip, discussion would have been soaring!

Or not. It's closing in on terminal now.
    I have a friend in Oslo who have just witnessed that its true !

Yeah, I like the band, and have the above-mentioned DVD. Was looking forward to checking the link after work.

really enjoyed their first three albums .
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.