Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Games - where we can talk about video games

Lately, I've been really enjoying a PC game called Into The Breach. It's a game that has elements of turn-based tactical, board games, and RPGs. Basically very simple to get into, but surprisingly deep and fun to play. It's also much more forgiving than their earlier game, FTL: Faster Than Light (which was fun, but crushingly difficult). Highly recommended.

https://subsetgames.com/itb.html

Has anyone else seen/played it?

Nope, but it's now on my Steam wishlist. Thanks for the rec!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Nope, but it's now on my Steam wishlist. Thanks for the rec!
    Right on. I hope you like it!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Lately, I've been really enjoying a PC game called Into The Breach. It's a game that has elements of turn-based tactical, board games, and RPGs. Basically very simple to get into, but surprisingly deep and fun to play. It's also much more forgiving than their earlier game, FTL: Faster Than Light (which was fun, but crushingly difficult). Highly recommended.

https://subsetgames.com/itb.html

Has anyone else seen/played it?
    I had an old (OLD!) PC game called "Breach" that this reminds me of. I wonder if it's somehow an updated version?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I had an old (OLD!) PC game called "Breach" that this reminds me of. I wonder if it's somehow an updated version?
    Oh I think I remember that one! The only one I actually had was Breach 3. If memory serves, it was a top-down (or isometric) squad based tactical/strategy game, with a sci-fi setting. One of the coolest things about it was that it had a mission editor, where you could create your own maps and play through them. Those were the good old days!

Anyone remember Cyber Empires? It was sort of like a very simplistic Risk or Civ game, except that combat was handled in real time and the players controlled robot soldiers to fight each other. Spent so many hours on that one as a kid...

It was Breach 2 that I had:

Ah yeah, I remember seeing that one although I never got to play it. The late 80s and early 90s were a pretty interesting time for computer games, IMO. I get nostalgic for that period quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    The late 80s and early 90s were a pretty interesting time for computer games, IMO. I get nostalgic for that period quite often.
    Me too! Many of my favorite games were DOS games and released in the early to mid 90s.
    This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Is anyone here familiar with the Nintendo Switch? I can't figure our if there's any media involved or if all games are downloads. My son wants it.

Switch uses cartridges. You can also DL games.

It’s a great system. You (or, rather, your son) can play the same games on the go or docked to a tv.

Be sure to get him a controller, too. Playing on the tv with the included option is not preferable.
    https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swit...pCL&ref=plSrch
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is anyone here familiar with the Nintendo Switch? I can't figure our if there's any media involved or if all games are downloads. My son wants it.
    Yeah, what polmico said.

I have Switch myself, and it's great. I've got a few games on cartridges, like Zelda: BotW and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but there's a ton of games available digitally as well.

The separate controllers are nice, but I've never had a problem using the included joy-cons with the holder.