Thread: The Claypool Lennon Delirium. WOW! Love this.

The Claypool Lennon Delirium. WOW! Love this.

I'm in! Thanks for the heads up!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Yeah, I got this notice on facebook and was surprised, but really liked what I heard

I'm more of a Primus fan than a Les Claypool fan, but this sounds really good to me. If they put out a CD, I'm buying.

thank you, Rand, for mentioning this!

That track is really cool!

I like the track. If they have more like that in the tank I'd be pleased if they did a full album (or even an EP).

This album is awesome, I'm loving it! Will see them in Port Chester in a couple weeks!

Looking forward to seeing this next sunday night, so far i've enjoyed the hell out of everything i've heard from the album.

On a side note, Sting's kid is playing the following monday - might be kind of fun to see the son's of 2 famous people back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this next sunday night, so far i've enjoyed the hell out of everything i've heard from the album.

On a side note, Sting's kid is playing the following monday - might be kind of fun to see the son's of 2 famous people back to back.
    Who is Stings kid? He has a high bar following Lennons kid I'll tell you. He puts on a great show and can play the SHIT out of a guitar! Have you checked out any of his Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger albums? Great stuff!!

Banned
    Thanks for the tip Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Who is Stings kid? He has a high bar following Lennons kid I'll tell you. He puts on a great show and can play the SHIT out of a guitar! Have you checked out any of his Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger albums? Great stuff!!
    Eliot Sumner (formerly known as Coco). Interesting story behind that one

I am also very much a fan of GOASTT and most everything involving Les Claypool, I was hooked on this idea the moment i heard about it.
    Oddly a couple months back tix for McCartney went on sale and sold out like over 50,000 seats in less than 30 minutes, i was bummed that i was shut out so instead i picked up a pair to see Lennon's kid with Les later that day, a mighty fine consolation prize if you ask me. Hoping i can score the yellow vinyl at the show.

I've been a Claypool/Primus fan for years, and Les delivers as usual. But I'd never heard any of Sean Lennon's work before. This might just be the best song on the album, and it's Sean's.

Definitely going to see them when they get to Seattle!

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Aaaaaaahhhhh!

Sean should have sung the whole song.

ITCOTKC, Lennon and Claypool. I can't believe they decided to play this one. The drummer especially did a fantastic job. Wow

I got to see this in Kansas City. I was sucked in on the first note of the performance. Now listening to GOASTT

Lennon is astonishing. Ghost of a saber tooth tiger is pure psych bliss saw them a couple years ago, they were amazing.

Saw them a week ago or so, but they didn't play this, although they did play "Astronomy Domine" and "Tomorrow Never Knows". Fun band - somewhere between very early Floyd, late Beatles, and Primus. Claypool and Lennon wrote and recorded the whole album in a fewf weeks at Claypool's home in Northern California, and I get the impression they were both fairly baked for the entire process.

Watching them (on YT) at Bonnaroo is a fun experience. Makes me want to hear some of Sean's band's stuff.

I missed this thread, but ran into a festival set on YouTube. A couple of songs in I searched for and ordered the album.

(Also features ITCOTCK and Astronomy Domine covers)

Funny, i know people who wanted to see them just based on the covers they did, my mind was sufficiently blown by Delirium's original music, the Primus, GOASTT and other choice covers were an added bonus.

^^^...word...

They have the best taste in covers, don't they?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    They have the best taste in covers, don't they?!
    Claypool's apparently been playing that for a while. Here's his Frog Brigade jam band playing it at Bonnaroo: