Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush, Roll The Bones, remastered

Where's my thing? is brilliant. You smoking crack or something?
    Last edited by Sean; 01-21-2016 at 03:18 PM.

I see a lot of songs from those albums come up that people hate... but I dig. Sounds about right.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Much better! I liked" Ghost of a Chance" and "Neurotica" from the start. OK, the latter took five listens to sink in as we've come to expect from Rush since 1977. What is Geddy's problem with that slightly quirky song? Then again, I think "Dog Years" is excellent. For the dissenters out there, you try to build a bridge like that.
    My problem with Dog Years is that it seems to have no solo or instrumental section of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Where's my thing? is brilliant. You smoking crack or something?
    why, would i like it better if i did? i'm more of Leave That Thing Alone then Where's My Thing...

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    why, would i like it better if i did? i'm more of Leave That Thing Alone then Where's My Thing...
    Yes!

You just have to get busy with the facts: "Where's My Thing" is the second best Rush instrumental. And that's a fact from Nome to Rome, boy. Yet, "Leave That Thing Alone" is a close second, and in some parallel universes is actually better. We just don't happen to be living in one of those universes.

A grievous album, any way you slice it. I don't care how much better a remaster might sound, it's still polishing a turd with this one. I don't listen to Rush for "mature", "songwriter" standard verse/chorus stuff. Women who would flee the room at the sound of "Bytor and the Snow Dog" or "Cygnus X-1" LOVE this album, 'nuff said?
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Great album. As is Presto. (materially anyway)

I have the original, the Atlantic remaster and the Audio Fidelity release (I don't have the vinyl reissue, but I have the original vinyl release)

Don't expect miracles, but the bass on the Audio Fidelity CD is a bit warmer and punchier.

The songs are so much better live.

That said Neurotica, Face Up and You Bet Your Life are on my short list of least favorite Rush songs even considering the Roll The Bones theme.

From the Roll The Bones tour, this is really quite interesting