Thread: Kasabian?

Kasabian?

I watched Palladium HardRock Calling from 2013 and there was this band from England called Kasabian.
    They seemed to play a melodic hard rock with some more complex twists occasionally mixed in. They had quite a following among Millennium crowd.
    I kind of like what I heard (call it nostalgia) though the sample was very small.

Any opinions? One way or other.

the band of this name Mew toured with in 2006 I was kind of into for a little while. Their album "Empire" from memory, was the record I enjoyed a bit.

Although I wouldn't necessarily describe them as "melodic hard rock" but more electronic, almost dance-able at times, rock. Or "indietronica" perhaps.

Just scanning their rym page, I kind of lost touch with them, although now thinking about it, I have seen their name pop up on end of year lists, blogs, etc, I just kind of never desired to check out their new stuff, but maybe I should.

The Palladia music channel had 5 episodes of Glastonbury 2014 stuff, Kasabian headlined on the last night, Sunday. I like their music, they seem like they put on a terrific live show. Here's a YouTube clip of three songs, good songwriting, tight band.

They used a string section, they must be prog!
    ...or you could love

I saw them live about ten years ago, and they were indeed killer. At that time there wasn't anything progressive about what they were doing, they were just a good danceable indie band. Evidently they've moved on a bit since then but I didn't follow them.

They are pretty much revered in my old home town where they come from, Leicester.
    My brother-in-law has seen them live several times and won't hear a word against them. I think they're unlistenable landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    They are pretty much revered in my old home town where they come from, Leicester.
    My brother-in-law has seen them live several times and won't hear a word against them. I think they're unlistenable landfill.
    I am also Leicester born and bred, and I agree with the sentiments expressed above entirely: insufferably dull landfill indie, imho, utterly indistinguishable from hordes of other mainstream 'rock' bands in the UK right now.
    Last edited by kid_runningfox; 01-17-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    I've also seen them live several times and they are superb, they always put on a really good show.

Glawster, you're obviously not alone and maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but they make my teeth itch. I just can't hear it at all. And they look like actors playing the part of a rock band.

I prefer Biffy Clyro.
    The Prog Corner