Thread: The Receiver

Suspended

The Receiver

This is the name of a band, apparently a duo of brothers, one of many signed to Kscope, but one of the few Kscope artists that actually piqued my interest enough to want to know more. Any info? Any fans?

Judging from the few camples I have listened to, they seem to be a little like Engineers, but perhaps slightly more uninhibited.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    This is the name of a band, apparently a duo of brothers, one of many signed to Kscope, but one of the few Kscope artists that actually piqued my interest enough to want to know more. Any info? Any fans?

Judging from the few camples I have listened to, they seem to be a little like Engineers, but perhaps slightly more uninhibited.

Wait, the guy doesn't die at the end or anything? I feel gypped.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wait, the guy doesn't die at the end or anything? I feel gypped.
    ???

A couple of really good songs. Lacks a bit of variation, though.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    A couple of really good songs. Lacks a bit of variation, though.
    That was my reaction. I really enjoyed listening to them, but would I tire quickly of their sound?

???
    He wanted to see him get his come-uppins.

I enjoyed the tracks and went to their site and listened to four more. Kind of a New Order vibe with some Radiohead and Sufjan Stevens thrown in. They've got a very big, dramatic pop sound. I'll be listening again to see if the tracks begin to open up more or lose their appeal over time.
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-