Thread: Cheer Accident- Subscrition

Cheer Accident- Subscrition

So who has been on it? I have since I think a month or two after it was born... I for one have been mighty impressed with the monthly song release. Thymme and the fine people have put some pretty awesome tracks out over the years. The odd concert video each month has been great too. What a band!

Funny story - My son loves them - was playing some C-A at before school started in his headphones - his music teacher walks up and asks him what he's listening to. He says C-A ... then his teacher's jaw drops a touch - "Wait! The band from Chicago?" Yup... says my son. "Holy crap! My brother-in-law is D. Bane! He plays keys in the band from time to time." I mentioned this to Thymme and he said he was going to dinner with D that night... so they have a good chuckle about some kid in Texas who knows C-A and his brother-in-law. Wacky... My sons teacher said - "Hey! Maybe I can get them to play down here." WELL HELL YES YOU SHOULD! lol

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I've been subscribing for around a year now. I like the monthly song a lot. My only issue is that they all feel like individual tracks and I still get a subconscious need for an album.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I've been subscribing for around a year now. I like the monthly song a lot. My only issue is that they all feel like individual tracks and I still get a subconscious need for an album.
    Its funny you mentioned that perspective... I have been messing around with select songs to make my own album... some work really well along with others. Pretty great stuff though overall since joining.

I subscribed for about 14-15 months, but ultimately, this isn't how I want to buy or consume music, and I stopped.

It's a good idea, but it didn't work for me personally.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I had a big shift in how I buy and consume music when I downgraded to a small house and my wife put the hurt on space requirements - so... no more buying lots of physical cds and vinyl - I have to say - I dont miss carting around tons of that - digital has made a mess of me and my old ways. I do still like to buy a couple of bands physically - Zappa being one since I already have everything but the oddball foreign releases. Its been rough at times jonesin' for a nice vinyl copy of new goodies though.

This is also why I really love that you took Cuneiform to the bandcamp site. I buy more music now than ever before. I can only hope you maybe have seen an uptick on your end? Its a rough game out there isnt it. Ugh.

^ ^ ^

I don't mind buying digital music, especially from BandCamp (have bought plenty!) but I don't like buying it a song at a time spread out a month apart and having to listen to it that way.

That's just me.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^ ^ ^

I don't mind buying digital music, especially from BandCamp (have bought plenty!) but I don't like buying it a song at a time spread out a month apart and having to listen to it that way.

That's just me.
    I tend to agree with you, Rabbit Rabbit have the same model but also sell as whole albums so I don't subscribe I just buy the album. C-A are one of those bands where my need for the music overpowers the dislike of monthly drip feed.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I tend to agree with you, Rabbit Rabbit have the same model but also sell as whole albums so I don't subscribe I just buy the album. C-A are one of those bands where my need for the music overpowers the dislike of monthly drip feed.
    I understand totally... but like you said Nog - my thirst for the new songs each month keeps me coming back like a parched dehydrated freak.

I've been subscribing since the get-go. I would rather have physical albums than all this fiddling around with files, but happy to support them meanwhile. My objection content-wise is that it seems geared to 'accessible' (for C-A) tunes - no Camp O'Physiques or experimental oddities...I like the revolving cast of players and vocalists. It's unpredictable.
    Everything is easy, yeah?!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Funny story - My son loves them - was playing some C-A at before school started in his headphones - his music teacher walks up and asks him what he's listening to. He says C-A ... then his teacher's jaw drops a touch - "Wait! The band from Chicago?" Yup... says my son. "Holy crap! My brother-in-law is D. Bane! He plays keys in the band from time to time." I mentioned this to Thymme and he said he was going to dinner with D that night... so they have a good chuckle about some kid in Texas who knows C-A and his brother-in-law.

One of my 10-or-so fave bands this past decade. I'd like another album of recorded music.

And then more.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

One of my 10-or-so fave bands this past decade. I'd like another album of recorded music.

And then more.
    With ya on that. As much as I do like all the songs I've been getting - there is something different about a fully realized album. Especially a C-A one.

I've subscribed since the beginning, initially because I wanted to support their endeavor; hey, it's only $2/mo. I made a CD of the first year and put it in the car, and while there are some real gems on it (In Some Fictional Place, Done, the ones with the guy from STG), I echo the sentiments here that an album from C-A would really scratch the itch.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"