Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project RnL Comes To The NJProghouse!

Agree with all the above Steve...though i drove two hours one way to see them. Not to argue, but i just get a little depressed there are these great bands out there, that no one goes to see. Its no wonder foreign bands don't want to go through all the visa trouble to tour when only 25 people show up. I go to tons of shows where there is practically no attendance, I find it sad.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I go to tons of shows where there is practically no attendance
    Me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I find it sad.
    I find it sad and pathetic.

But that doesn't change the fact that given what we both know, 30 people on a Tuesday after a blizzard in a small town in NJ for a band that doesn't have a record out is quite good. Given the sad state of things.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Me as well.

I find it sad and pathetic.

But that doesn't change the fact that given what we both know, 30 people on a Tuesday after a blizzard in a small town in NJ for a band that doesn't have a record out is quite good. Given the sad state of things.
    That really is encouraging that 30 people came out. Great to hear. I agree with ya gpeccary --- I drove almost 2 hours to San Antonio to see TP - and once I really understood nobody was coming but my son - me and Leeland (a nice older guy who came out of the woodwork - and whom I've sparked up a nice music friendship) - I got really depressed and upset about it - not for me - but for the fine people in TP who made that journey and did all that work to set up and play such unique and amazing music. I will never complain at having basically a private show though... because other than Stop Motion Orchestra (who opened and was badass too) - we were it. Hey... I got to hear Warheads!

I am bummed that I missed this show. I was planning to go but I ended up working until 9pm. This is a tough time of the year for me, especially during the week.

Wish I could've gone! But I live about 1,000 miles away.

As for low attendance, it seems to be par for the course these days, unfortunately. About 4 months ago, I saw Scott Henderson, who I consider to be one of the greatest guitar players in the world and there were about 25 people there. Likewise for Mike Keneally. It's depressing.

I really wanted to make this gig, but I had to work.

Weekends are always better for me.

It seems getting people out to shows is getting harder and harder with each passing year.

Too much in house tech can make you real lazy, imo
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I also drove up to Roxy and Dukes Roadhouse last night to see RnL, absolutely a fantastic show. They are really fun to watch, and the songs are great, and very complex, I'm very much looking foreword to their album so I can get more familiar with them. The crowd was very involved, and audience participation was really strong on the songs that required it, even with the odd meter time. The venue was a great place to see them up close and personal, and the guys in the band were mixing before and after the gig. Thanks to the NJ Proghouse guys for outstanding night, it was my first time there, but the drive from Philly was really very easy. I will definitely go back.
    Last week I drove to Lancaster to see Woody Woodmansey's Holy Holy at the Chameleon Club and saw another great band performing songs from Bowie's early albums. Having seen Bowie do many of these same songs a very long time ago, and again thru the years made for a bittersweet evening. The band was again outstanding, and obviously having a great time, Woody's drums were high in the mix, and the rest of the band was rocking hard. Lead singer Glenn Gregory, (from 80's band Heaven 17) was totally captivating with his delivery reminding me a bit of a younger Fish, while directing attention to the other musicians. The Chameleon club was much better than I had anticipated, clean and thankfully on time with the concert, not making everyone stand for hours waiting for start time.
    All in all a nice little round of actually unplanned concerts, mid week, mid winter, and setting a very high standard for the rest of the year

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    I really wanted to make this gig, but I had to work.
    Ken pointed out to me that they're playing in Brooklyn tomorrow night: http://www.shapeshifterlab.com/ - cool little venue that I've seen a few Cuneiform bands play. Might not be able to make it myself, but it's a good option for any tri-staters.

Bummer, not in the city that night and have other plans. Too bad they didn't make that announcement tuesday night~

Greetings,

Thanks a lot to everyone that came out to the show on Tuesday night! Project RnL delivered an incredible set and it was wonderful to see the band get such an enthusiastic reception too. Although Amy and I hadn't originally planned on it, we just can't miss another RnL show within driving distance, so we'll be heading out to see them at the Shapeshifter Lab tomorrow evening as well. (The amazing Tammy Scheffer, who sang in several of Eyal's videos and has put on two fantastic shows at the NJ Proghouse with her band Morning Bound, will be sitting in for a few songs tomorrow too--so that should be an additional treat.)

Take care, thanks again, and hope to see some of you at Shapeshifter,

Alan