Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Accordo Dei Contrari, new CD

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey, I got this answer from Bandcamp:

"Purchasing digital music currently isn't available in the iOS app due to some restrictions imposed by Apple. That's a feature we'd love to include in the future, but currently there isn't any easy way to make that happen. You'll still be able to complete your purchases using your mobile browser though (or any desktop or laptop computer)."

Not sure how you were able to do it, Ian!
    I have an Android, hate Apple phones (though I do love my old classic ipod). Typically I buy all my bandcamp stuff via my laptop so I can rip straight to the external hard drive as soon as it purchased.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I have an Android, hate Apple phones (though I do love my old classic ipod). Typically I buy all my bandcamp stuff via my laptop so I can rip straight to the external hard drive as soon as it purchased.
    Ah, well it wasn't just me, it was everyone with an iPhone. Well, screw Apple. I hope they don't think I'm going to buy it through iTunes!

The weird thing is I do seem to be able to buy SOME albums through the Bandcamp iOS app, but not many. Maybe I'll escalate this and ask Apple...

It's a contact thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's here if you want it [and it's also here, even if you don't want it]
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I've listened to the album a couple of times now and I really enjoy this. AdC has a quite unique way of creating their compositions, with those patterns which repeat themself in an almost minimalist way and the somewhat Soft Machine-like (Karl Jenkins-era) keyboard-theme's. Over this an energetic wave of saxophone-, guitar- and keyboard-solo's is being played. But I also like the atmospheric moments and pieces, like the ballad with Mellotron-strings E Verde Č L'Ignoto Su Cui Corri.

I've spun this CD a lot since I got it a couple of months ago. It took some time to totally get my ears around it as it is a lot of music (just shy of 80 minutes). It has definitely grown on me, and spinning it the other day I was amazed how fast that ~80 minutes seemed to pass. I used to feel the album had sort of a "lull" in the middle, but now I don't feel that way as much and that the whole thing hangs together quite well.

My one hesitation that still occasionally bothers me is the lack of a dedicated bass player. This isn't a problem in terms of sonics as the keys seem to handle the bass pretty well. But I do feel the role of the keys is somewhat diminished at times, seemingly because the keyboard player is having to handle the bass stuff as well. It's not a pervasive issue, but it pops up from time to time, notably to me in the last song.

Otherwise, I think the composition is really strong and the overall sound of the band is strong. This album doesn't hit the highs that some of their earlier work achieves, but it is remarkably consistent across 80 minutes, and is extremely listenable. It will easily be among my favorites for this year.

Bill

Played this again yesterday. I don't know why but it loses me in the middle. It comes back strong for the last several tracks which are turning out to be my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Played this again yesterday. I don't know why but it loses me in the middle. It comes back strong for the last several tracks which are turning out to be my favorite.

The same happens for me...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Huh. I actually am drifting a little bit, on the first part of the CD. After that, I love the whole thing! Great record.

neil

The gift - the gift is the album - comes from such generosity that there are ideas that could be separate compositions and still lead to nowhere. Like the quiet passage in the first track, just beautiful, thrown there with no particular meaning. There is no downhill in this beauty, it is just so generous that it's hard for a listener to stand still and appreciate for the whole duration.

None the less I'm happy I bought it and find it very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of their catalogue. Thanks to Bill for turning me on to these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    None the less I'm happy I bought it and find it very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of their catalogue. Thanks to Bill for turning me on to these guys.
    A pleasure, glad you're enjoying, even if not everything on the new one is right up your alley. FWIW, I can see where you're coming from about the "lull in the middle." I felt that way at the beginning as well. For whatever reason, the whole thing started to click for me at some point. Lucky me, it doesn't always work that way for me with super long CDs.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    A pleasure, glad you're enjoying, even if not everything on the new one is right up your alley. FWIW, I can see where you're coming from about the "lull in the middle." I felt that way at the beginning as well. For whatever reason, the whole thing started to click for me at some point. Lucky me, it doesn't always work that way for me with super long CDs.

Bill
    I rarely have the time to sit down with a whole 75 minute CD anymore. Most of my playing is in the car on my commute to work and home which is about 70 minutes total. So most of my time listening to lengthy CD's becomes divided into 2. There's one song in the beginning that's a little too repetitious for me, but then the solos are great. I like the GG feel at times with the sax.