Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martians looking at fireworks comic

Martians looking at fireworks comic

I made this simple comic of Martians looking at Fireworks drawing just for fun, printed on my A4/LETTER printer and hung on the inside of my bathroom door

N.B. This (although might evoke one to think) makes no reference to any current political situation.

If you want, make a print for yourself too and stick it up on the door with simple tape.
    It's fun to look at it, I think, really while you are sitting down waiting to get out of the wc
    Martians Looking at Fireworks jpeg small size.jpg

Nice job, Sonia!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Nice job, Sonia!
    Awww thank you very much, Ronmac I wish I could express with better smiley icons too but we have limited choices here, thank you really very much. xxx much appreciated.

I didn't know you were a cartoonist. That's something I was never able to do. When I was in art school, the cartooning teacher was incompetent, but I really never had the drawing skills to do cartooning, anyway. I can draw, just not cartoons. I'm more of a graphics guy.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I didn't know you were a cartoonist. That's something I was never able to do. When I was in art school, the cartooning teacher was incompetent, but I really never had the drawing skills to do cartooning, anyway. I can draw, just not cartoons. I'm more of a graphics guy.
    Ronmac, I love to draw, this being cartoons or paint but I also must admit that I am absolutely not graphic art inclined like you at all, infact I am terrible at it

I like it. I could also see it as the first Moon settlers from Earth looking back at the warmongers still destroying the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    Ronmac, I love to draw, this being cartoons or paint but I also must admit that I am absolutely not graphic art inclined like you at all, infact I am terrible at it
    Yep, they both take talent. Just different kinds.

Haha! That's awesome.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Hope its not prophetic , given the news out of North Korea. Till that time its a well done funny cartoon. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Haha! That's awesome.
    Thank you, Scott

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Hope its not prophetic , given the news out of North Korea. Till that time its a well done funny cartoon. Thanks.
    NYC Steve, thank you very much.
    uhm... prophetic Oh please no, that cannot happen again, nightmare.
    Also there's always a fine line between humour satire while trying not to crossover and becoming offense.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    You have skills! Really good job.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    You have skills! Really good job.
    Thank you very much, Notallwhowander ,
    drawing is a hobby of mine, I draw while listening to music on headphones, great fun for me.
    Sometimes it's easier to somehow express yourself with drawing.
    The martian depicted there on the left somehow reminds me a bit of Satriani his head maybe

Of course, it's an almost exact copy of an old Far Side cartoon, but I'll assume it just came out of your own unconscious with no copying intended...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Of course, it's an almost exact copy of an old Far Side cartoon, but I'll assume it just came out of your own unconscious with no copying intended...
    Wow, Sturgeon's Lawyer! Roger Larson cartoon you mean, yes that's were my idea came from. When I was 12 years old my brother in law had one glued on the bathroom door, I sat down and looked at it, found it funny, for a very long time on and off for years I searched all over the internet on google images never could find it. Recently looked for it again and again nothing. My brother in law tried but also found nothing.
    I spoke about this with two friends of mine previously about that cartoon before making one myself, they too tried to find that cartoon for me but to no avail, this is why I told them I'll make one myself. One of these friends is also a member here on PE too.
    What I have done is not almost an exact copy, can't be but I wish to find that cartoon it has been stuck in my mind for over 20 years now, can you maybe please help me? I would love to compare both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Wow, Sturgeon's Lawyer! Roger Larson cartoon you mean, yes that's were my idea came from. When I was 12 years old my brother in law had one glued on the bathroom door, I sat down and looked at it, found it funny, for a very long time on and off for years I searched all over the internet on google images never could find it. Recently looked for it again and again nothing. My brother in law tried but also found nothing.
    I spoke about this with two friends of mine previously about that cartoon before making one myself, they too tried to find that cartoon for me but to no avail, this is why I told them I'll make one myself. One of these friends is also a member here on PE too.
    What I have done is not almost an exact copy, can't be but I wish to find that cartoon it has been stuck in my mind for over 20 years now, can you maybe please help me? I would love to compare both.
    Both friends, not one, are members here on PE.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    for a very long time on and off for years I searched all over the internet on google images never could find it. Recently looked for it again and again nothing. My brother in law tried but also found nothing.
    http://www.creators.com/a-note-from-gary-larson.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    '
    Why did you post that for, Dave? I hand drawn that myself, it is my work and I have done no copy right infringement whatsoever here! Here below are some a few of my sketches.
    different stages of drawing.jpg
    Last edited by Sonia_Mota; 01-11-2016 at 12:55 PM.

The site won't allow me to post the full size final drawing on here it's 4100pixels by 5728. I upload it on dropbox and anyone can have a full look at it if they wish.

Nice illo, Sonia. I already knew you were an artiste, though.

The site won't allow me to post the full size final drawing on here it's 4100pixels by 5728. I upload it on dropbox and anyone can have a full look at it if they wish.
    Please find attached here below the dropbox link for the full size drawing:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vnrq5np36...8qMNByD8a?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Nice illo, Sonia. I already knew you were an artiste, though.
    hahaha you are really a great charmer, Dropforge, thank you very much.
    Drawing should be fun, always
    Again, thank you!

'
    Why did you post that for, Dave? I hand drawn that myself, it is my work and I have done no copy right infringement whatsoever here! Here below are some a few of my sketches. This is very insulting really!
    It seems to me that he posted that to show a reason why you can't find Larson's work online.

'
    Why did you post that for, Dave? I hand drawn that myself, it is my work and I have done no copy right infringement whatsoever here! Here below are some a few of my sketches. This is very insulting really!
    different stages of drawing.jpg
    You're lucky you aren't in the football thread. If insults were paintball shots they would call me spot.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    So what's your point? This is an original by Sonia. I saw the earlier versions, the ones she posted above. This is not a work of Gary Larson, only one that is inspired by it (and probably very close, I never saw the original).

Were you the guy that tried to sue Marillion because Script for A Jester's Tear was too similar to Dancing with the Moonlit Knight? Or Glasshammer, for sounding like Yes?

It seems to me that he posted that to show a reason why you can't find Larson's work online.
    Aha! Ok I am a nincompoop! I might have overacted because I am a bit touchy when it comes to other people's work, I'd never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You're lucky you aren't in the football thread. If insults were paintball shots they would call me spot.
    hahaahaha that's funny, Shadow one should never discuss football, you should know better