Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns 'N Roses (Axl & Slash) reunite : headlining Coachella

Guns 'N Roses (Axl & Slash) reunite : headlining Coachella

http://gunsnroses.com/ http://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/...16-1201671980/ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX7GKROUMAAuSTe.jpg
    Stadium tour to follow. Would be great if they achieve what they were once capable of achieving.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

23 years too late
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

At those prices, who the fuck do they think they are, CSN or the Eagles?

Imo they're nothing more than a curiousity. I'd rather listen to solo stuff from Saul, the only real "player" in the band.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

To quote a friend - "I'd rather eat my own ass!" (than see this)

Searching for relevance in the 21st Century.

Snore.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The big questions; how long will this last? How late will Axl Rose's stage entrance be?

Unless Axl has gotten his act (and voice) together, there's no way I'd consider paying serious money for this. I consider myself lucky to have seen them twice in small venues back before Appetite had blown up (if you recall, it had been out nearly a year before Welcome to the Jungle got a foothold). They were something special at the time, but that had a short shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    At those prices, who the fuck do they think they are, CSN or the Eagles?

Imo they're nothing more than a curiousity. I'd rather listen to solo stuff from Saul, the only real "player" in the band.
    YEP!

I don't have the words to express how uninterested I am in this.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I don't have the words to express how uninterested I am in this.
    Apathetic?

I have mixed feelings about a semi-reunion or full reunion. I'm fine with it being W. Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagen. I would like to see Matt Sorum on drums and have Izzy Stradlin's guitar work up there, but I will most likely not be purchasing a ticket if the prices are as high as they are being reported. Now, if one of my industry friends gets me to a show, I'm all over it and would definitely go.

I know the reunited lineup most likely would not play anything off of Chinese Democracy, and that, to me, would be a huge disappointment. I think the music fits right in line with what Slash would be doing in the band.

I do hope for some new music. Maybe not a full album, but some singles would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I have mixed feelings about a semi-reunion or full reunion. I'm fine with it being W. Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagen. I would like to see Matt Sorum on drums and have Izzy Stradlin's guitar work up there, but I will most likely not be purchasing a ticket if the prices are as high as they are being reported. Now, if one of my industry friends gets me to a show, I'm all over it and would definitely go.

I know the reunited lineup most likely would not play anything off of Chinese Democracy, and that, to me, would be a huge disappointment. I think the music fits right in line with what Slash would be doing in the band.

I do hope for some new music. Maybe not a full album, but some singles would work.
    I didn't think "Chinese Democracy" was nearly as bad as it seems to get slammed for being. There are quite a few really good tracks on it, and for the most part I like the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I didn't think "Chinese Democracy" was nearly as bad as it seems to get slammed for being. There are quite a few really good tracks on it, and for the most part I like the whole thing.

The music was very much in line with the previous releases by Guns 'N Roses. There are only a few tracks that I don't care for. Other than those 2 or 3 tracks, the album is a good one.

Maybe they could borrow Motley Crue's drum coaster?

I was a HUGE fan of Appetite for Destruction back in the day and though I played it to death and never want to hear another song from it again , I still think it's one of the best hard rock albums ever made. That said, unless I can see it for $20, I have no interest at all. I do like Slash though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    There are quite a few really good tracks on it
    I made some very rough instrumentals from the entire album and have a playlist mixed with those and the standard album tracks:

Shackler's Revenge

Better

Scraped

Sorry

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I could never get past Slash's annoying as f*ck hat.

I'm surprised you know who Slash is. Or what a hat is for that matter.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Chinese Democracy does contain some pretty good songs, but the arrangements and production sound way too much like somebody has been spending 15 years trying to create a flawless sonic sculpture out of material that should sound rough and dirty.

Axl has some pretty inhuman vocal performances on that one though, so maybe he needed all those years so he could record a high note, rest his voice for a week, then record the next high note etc.

Could you imagine what that hat smells like after all these years?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    If they want to reunite and make some new music together, or even play their old tunes, fine. But Coachella? Do they really want to start off their reunion tour playing to people young enough to be their grandchildren, and raised on autotune?
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    If they want to reunite and make some new music together, or even play their old tunes, fine. But Coachella? Do they really want to start off their reunion tour playing to people young enough to be their grandchildren, and raised on autotune?
    ….like Paul McCartney's 34 song set at Coachella in 2009?

...from the Billboard announcement.......HAS to be the most "re DICK you ASS" thing I've read in years....

"Guns N’ Roses will reportedly launch a North American summer tour following Coachella that may include up to 25 stadiums. According to Billboard, the L.A. rockers are demanding $3 million per show and up to $250-$275 per ticket."

Sounds about right