Thread: FEATURED CD - Tadashi Goto : Innervisions

FEATURED CD - Tadashi Goto : Innervisions

The label's description - per Shawn Gordon's site 'The Record Label' (Used to be 'Prog Rock Records'):
    Innervisions is the long-awaited follow up release from Japanese keyboardist/Composer Tadashi Goto since his first debut Soundscape in 2005. This is not the usual keyboardists solo release with progressive and melodic instrumental music from start to finish. It sounds heavy, futuristic, powerful, and fascinating. Odd-time signatures are propelled by Tadashis excellent compositions. With Chris Poland, Brett Garsed, Ty Tabor, Tony Levin, Tony Franklin, Matt Bissonette, Joseph Patrick Moore, Randy George, Sean Conklin, Jose Bernardo and Marco Ahrens playing guitars/basses on this album, you have one of the most powerful pieces of prog-fusion music released this year. It is a testament to Tadashis skill as a composer and player that with little notoriety he was able to bring together such esteemed guests.

The compositions are obviously keyboard oriented as it is a keyboardists album, but you will be amazed and the power and heaviness of the tracks and the amazing contributions from the guests.
    http://www.therecordlabel.net/progre.../innervisions/

Sorry - no YouTube recordings found ... but samples can be heard on the label's site http://www.therecordlabel.net/progre.../innervisions/
    Regards,

Duncan

Suspended
    I listened to those samples. The quieter tracks sound quite good. The noisier ones sound - just, well, noisy.

I do like the penultimate track. More in this style would have been nice.

^ If you want to hear what noisy nippon is all about, try Aube or Merzbow.

I think this Tadashi Goto release is fairly OK (I've got at least two titles of his), although I tire of the sonics quite easily and his 'melodic' material gets samey rather fast. I remember receiving this for recension back in my days as reviewer, and likening them to the IMO far superior Norwegian act Next Life; both worked almost exclusively with laptops and within so-called "transistor rock" modes, but to my ears TG falls somewhat short.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Banned
    A great stuff, I love it!

I actually own this but haven't listened to it yet.

I think there is a third album in development, but he had some problems so it's not clear when it'll be out.

I found this second one fairly poor, but anyone who hasn't heard it should get the first one. The overall sound and production is far better. The music is more symphonic/lush. Comparable to those Rudess albums like Feeding The Wheel and Rhythm Of Time.

Remember PRR used to have that record club? Shawn would send a PRR release every month; most of them were pretty good. This Goto disc was one of them. I remember digging it at the time but I admit I have no memory of it at all. Not a single note. Nada. Will have to dust it off and give it a spin.