Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have A Date!

I Have A Date!

She said yes.

She seemed to actually be interested in me, which is unusual in this town as it's kinda fake here.

She still said yes, and I'm a bit flummoxed. Mostly because I expected that she would say yes, and since I am I, I can't expect that.

So much for making sense. I'll fill you guys in on the details, but I'm a bit tired after a twelve hour day at work and having a rather cute chick say yes to me.

Not the way I expected this day to end, I'll tell you all that.

Really, I can't say anything more as I'm just lost and tired, at the moment. This just happened and I'm in need of sleep so I will get into it on the morrow.

This falls into the WTF category. All I went out to do was gamble a few bucks and see if I could make a little win. I ended up with a date with a rather pretty lady. Also rather cool, from first impressions.

Huh. Fucking curveballs. I'm so far from being a ladies man, yet she didn't seem to care.

Huh.

Talk at ya' all in the morn if I don't have to work. I'm not completely with the program at this time because she said yes.

Who says Yes to me and they aren't talking about the band?

Who ever said life was easy? I never expected to ever meet a woman I might actually like as I'm a jaded asshole.

Huh. Fucking curveballs and screwballs, knuckle balls of life.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

When you get a moment watch Steve Martin's "Roxanne." There's a terrific line in there about the word "yes."

Have fun.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Good luck you loon!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

That's awesome, Loony. You remind me so much of myself when I had my first date w/my current girlfriend (of over two years now). I hadn't dated at all since my divorce five years before, and was a nervous mess.

Just try to have fun and don't worry so much about the romantic part.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Suspended
    I want to meet one that says Magma.

You shouldn't be selling yourself short, and there's nothing wrong with her because she said yes.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    You shouldn't be selling yourself short, and there's nothing wrong with her because she said yes.
    I was thinking much the same thing, but don't normally get into these kinds of personal threads.

To the O.P.: most women - even hot ones - have issues with insecurity and are flattered by attention. Getting a woman to say "yes" to a date is actually really easy. Most available women will say yes to a date proposed anybody that they aren't repulsed by.

This isn't to say that dating or relationships or even having that one date go well are easy, but acting like it's an event of monumental significance because somebody agreed to go out on a date with you... it's *really* selling yourself short (and doesn't bode particularly well for projecting the confidence that leads to repeat encounters).

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    This isn't to say that dating or relationships or even having that one date go well are easy, but acting like it's an event of monumental significance because somebody agreed to go out on a date with you... it's *really* selling yourself short (and doesn't bode particularly well for projecting the confidence that leads to repeat encounters).
    I totally agree, but on the other side of the coin, you don't want to act overly confident either; in fact you don't want to act at all. Just be yourself and be honest. A lot of guys apparently make up shit about themselves in hopes to impress. If you two like each other initially, you'll both find out who each other really are soon enough. I've been "hooked up" for the past 9 years (my longest relationship by far), but in my former life as (what a female friend called) a "serial monogamist," I figured out that the sooner a woman knows exactly who you are (as opposed to who you'd like her to think you are), the less time and heartache wasted.

A little unsolicited advice: Despite all of the evolution the feminist movement claimed to desire, women DO like old fashioned chivalry. I learned this the hard way, because it's nothing my dad (R.I.P.) ever taught me (though according to my stepmom, he was very chivalrous) and it was something that didn't come naturally to me. I've somehow managed to draw some women in and have a 1 to 3 year relationship with them despite that, but sooner or later, I always heard from them how unchivalrous I was/am. They like to have doors opened for them, have you pull out a chair for them... all that stuff.

Anyway, enjoy and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I totally agree, but on the other side of the coin, you don't want to act overly confident either. Just be yourself and be honest. A lot of guys apparently make up shit about themselves in hopes to impress.
    Agreed completely. I was just talking about having confidence, not about acting cocky. Confidence is one of those things that is so important to women that they pick up on it subconsciously. "Confidence" can range all the way from being a real ladies man or an overbearing type A (neither of which is what I'm talking about) to simply being comfortable in your own skin and being comfortable with sharing this with her. Some women find the exhibition of a few nerves "cute" (at the very least, it probably means that the guy isn't doing this on a nightly basis with other women) but deep down nobody wants to be romantic with someone that is projecting the aura of something borderline supernatural occurring because the person they asked on a date agreed to it.

Banned
    WARNING: if you actually get to see a naked lady you have to resign your membership in the world-wide prog geek community...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    WARNING: if you actually get to see a naked lady you have to resign your membership in the world-wide prog geek community...
    I've probably seen more naked ladies than you've had hot dinners - and I'm not even heterosexual!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I've probably seen more naked ladies than you've had hot dinners - and I'm not even heterosexual!
    Well there must be an interesting story behind that! BTW I was just making what I thought to be an innocent joke and certainly wasn't looking to offend anyone so I trust none was taken. Sometimes things don't come across as intended without non-verbal cues and tone...

Be yourself.
    If you act, and she likes the acting, then you would have to act the rest of the relationship.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Be yourself.
    If you act, and she likes the acting, then you would have to act the rest of the relationship.
    Tell me about it... WAIT here comes the wife so I gotta snap into my role!

Just be a Gentleman.

DtB

Without photos it didn't happen.

Could it be he hasn't returned from the date yet? Loony, you ole dog you!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    If it seems like things are starting to go wrong, just start madly humping her.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Without photos it didn't happen.
    I think Ken wanted you two to pose for a "selfie" on your date, Loony.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If it seems like things are starting to go wrong, just start madly humping her.
    Great idea; then his cellmate in the slammer could be madly humping him for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Great idea; then his cellmate in the slammer could be madly humping him for a few years.
    I think that's the pictures Ken was looking for.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Could it be he hasn't returned from the date yet? Loony, you ole dog you!
    maybe she's a cereal killer and didn't like the breakfast he served her the following morning.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I think it's a joke thread. Prog nerd actually goes on a date with an actual female type person of the opposite sex. It's the perpetual, nerdy stereotype that prog fans live in the basement of their parents house, and they're socially awkward, and have a hard type meeting women who actually will give them the time of day. There was a thread that some bloke started months ago called "Confirmed Bachelors" or something. I opened the thread a few times out of curiosity. Never watched any of the Youtube clips, and not a single soul posted besides the OP. I guess there's a couple ways you can look at something like this......a) have a sense of humor about it, and play along, b) it's embarrassing...... Seriously (if that's possible), I think it's a joke thread. BTW, I'm not being mean or too cynical here, it's just that I've been hanging around for many years and my sarcasm meter gets alerted quite often.

^^

you party pooper!!
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I think it's a joke thread. Prog nerd actually goes on a date with an actual female type person of the opposite sex. It's the perpetual, nerdy stereotype that prog fans live in the basement of their parents house, and they're socially awkward, and have a hard type meeting women who actually will give them the time of day. There was a thread that some bloke started months ago called "Confirmed Bachelors" or something. I opened the thread a few times out of curiosity. Never watched any of the Youtube clips, and not a single soul posted besides the OP. I guess there's a couple ways you can look at something like this......a) have a sense of humor about it, and play along, b) it's embarrassing...... Seriously (if that's possible), I think it's a joke thread. BTW, I'm not being mean or too cynical here, it's just that I've been hanging around for many years and my sarcasm meter gets alerted quite often.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_and_the_Real_Girl
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-