Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

In Europe we dont get american draft beer a lot.

Yesterday at Mikkeller & Friends (has no less than 40 rotating taps) bar I was lucky to get a great fruity IPA from The Veil , I didn't catch the name of it. It wasn't quite as good as Alefarm Saturated IPA, but I loved it.

https://www.facebook.com/theveilbrew...133022637543:0

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Having my first Hopslam of the year. Canned two days ago it hit the local store today.
    Having my first Hopslam also..picked up a six pack at a local Harris Teeter(was at customer service to buy Lottery tix, And Lo and Behold they had about a case and a half back just sitting there!!! Manager said he just got this in, buy it all or what you want!!!)As always a great brew! Was $ 19.99 +...What's it cost by you? And is the price the same throughout their entire distribution area? PS: the beer below is the latest release from NoDa brewing..Awesome!20180225.jpg

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Kevin Feeley sent me a six pack of Hopslam this week. Had my first one today, very good, resiny, dank, bitter. Very good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hopslam is always five or six bucks higher than most of Bells releases
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Having my first Hopslam also..picked up a six pack at a local Harris Teeter(was at customer service to buy Lottery tix, And Lo and Behold they had about a case and a half back just sitting there!!! Manager said he just got this in, buy it all or what you want!!!)As always a great brew! Was $ 19.99 +...What's it cost by you? And is the price the same throughout their entire distribution area? PS: the beer below is the latest release from NoDa brewing..Awesome!20180225.jpg
    Here in Kalamazoo it is a few bucks cheaper. You can usually find it for around $16. Then again in Michigan we have the 10 cents per can deposit, so that adds on another 60 cents.

it's $24 a six here
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

We finally made a trip to a brewery last weekend. We checked out Foley Brothers in Brandon, VT. It's a tiny little place with very little parking. There were maybe 8 vehicles packed into the driveway, several of which were just sort of pulled over to the edge of the road since there are maybe 4 or 5 actual parking spaces.

They also sell some local wine there and my wife tried a few of those. We ended up buying a bottle of wine, a 4-pack of their "Big Bang" IPA (quite good), and a tulip glass. I also got a free 4-pack of Prospect since I had gotten a defective 4-pack of that a couple weeks ago and emailed photos to the company.

A couple days ago a local place had Foley Bros. "Grumpy Wench" IPA on tap. Also very good...
    <sig out of order>

PS: the beer below is the latest release from NoDa brewing..Awesome!20180225.jpg
    That sounds good. Maybe bring some for the 2nd Annual Beer Snob meeting at ProgDay? Hopslam is still on the shelves here in Michigan. I've had my fill this year.
    Last edited by philsunset; 02-11-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    That sounds good. Maybe bring some for the 2nd Annual Beer Snob meeting at ProgDay? Hopslam is still on the shelves here in Michigan. I've had my fill this year.
    I only bought 1- 4 pack of the Hopcakes..Have already had 2..Will do my best to save you one..I did get a brewery only release of an Imperial Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter which I will stash away a 4 pack for our ProgDay tasting...Should I keep it in the fridge or bury it in a closet? Captain P.jpg

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26990/143842/

I had one of those Chocolate PB Porters at Salud in NoDa (Charlotte neighborhood) yesterday. Very rich, very good.

NoDa Brewing consistently makes the best beer in Charlotte, and their variety can't be beat.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

.I did get a brewery only release of an Imperial Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter which I will stash away a 4 pack for our ProgDay tasting...Should I keep it in the fridge or bury it in a closet? l]
    Keep it in a cold cellar if you have one. Don't keep it in the fridge that long.

WP_20180209_001.jpg

Not very prog snobby, but sure tastes good!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    WP_20180209_001.jpg

Brave man !

I only bought 1- 4 pack of the Hopcakes..Have already had 2..Will do my best to save you one..I did get a brewery only release of an Imperial Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter which I will stash away a 4 pack for our ProgDay tasting...Should I keep it in the fridge or bury it in a closet? Captain P.jpg

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26990/143842/
    That Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter looks so good. I'll bring some Boston-area brews for trading at the 2nd Annual Beer Snob meeting at ProgDay.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    WP_20180209_001.jpg

For a larger craft/mass market brewer, Sammy does make a pretty decent product. Some of the limited releases sold only at the Boston brewery are mighty good.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Keep it in a cold cellar if you have one. Don't keep it in the fridge that long.
    No cellar here in NC..

No cellar here in NC..
    Nothing wrong with fridge temp. That only slows down any aging. I find a majority of aging that might occur is over-rated anyway.

Beer Snobs, join me in rejoicing ..Look what I ran into this weekend up in Asheville NC...(Ingles Supermarket on Merrimon Ave)

20180224_151301.jpg20180224_151307_resized.jpg

The closest liquor store to me, fifteen miles away, got in a few cases of the beloved Hopslam. I got a six last week and fill probably get another today. Blessed!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    A friend sent me a six pack, got 2 left.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

For living in a small-ish metropolitan area, we got a bounty this year: two outlets to buy the cans and three (that I know of) places to get Hopslam on tap. I suspect Bell's has really amped up the distribution this year, which could also explain the decent six-pack price in the post above. Had it both ways and enjoyed it this year as in years past. However, I've moved on, as Dogfish Head is once again available in Iowa after a 10-year absence! Had my first 90-minute in years last week, and there are plenty of other flavors to catch up on as well...
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I looked it up and it looks like any possibility of buying Hopslam is a two-hour drive away. Far from impossible, but maybe improbable.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    For living in a small-ish metropolitan area, we got a bounty this year: two outlets to buy the cans and three (that I know of) places to get Hopslam on tap. I suspect Bell's has really amped up the distribution this year, which could also explain the decent six-pack price in the post above. Had it both ways and enjoyed it this year as in years past. However, I've moved on, as Dogfish Head is once again available in Iowa after a 10-year absence! Had my first 90-minute in years last week, and there are plenty of other flavors to catch up on as well...
    Yup, Bell's really upped their Hopslam production this year. Here in Kalamazoo it used to be all gone within a few days of release, but it was very easy to find this year both in cans and on tap.

Beer Snobs, join me in rejoicing ..Look what I ran into this weekend up in Asheville NC...(Ingles Supermarket on Merrimon Ave)

20180224_151301.jpg20180224_151307_resized.jpg
    wow! great price

we have it here for $25 but there's lots of it!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?