Page 286 of 403 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

So this is fun! The Leafs had a public practice yesterday morning on the rink in front of Toronto City Hall. But to get to the practice, they all loaded up on the subway...in full uniform!

https://www.bardown.com/the-leafs-to..._nsOEbe26WUcf8

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I used to go to matinée games at Nassau with my son, always awesome. Have fun!
    I would also go with my kids. They should have more.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'll be at the theatre tomorrow night, so we won't see the game either. We're seeing The Last Ship, starring Sting. Should be interesting.

TMB's prices have gotten a little too steep for me. We used to go see them for $30, this tour Toronto tickets are $90! Enjoy!
    This will be my 15th and final time seeing them. Saw them many times when they only played the Montreal Spectrum and people from all over came here for the show. Met a few PEers that way. Those were the best shows.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

So this is fun! The Leafs had a public practice yesterday morning on the rink in front of Toronto City Hall. But to get to the practice, they all loaded up on the subway...in full uniform!

https://www.bardown.com/the-leafs-to..._nsOEbe26WUcf8
    That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    This will be my 15th and final time seeing them. Saw them many times when they only played the Montreal Spectrum and people from all over came here for the show. Met a few PEers that way. Those were the best shows.
    They're still playing the same little venue here that we saw them in 15 years ago. They've just tripled the prices. Hey, if they can command that price good for them...but I'm out.

Eight O/T games last night.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Did anyone in this thread ever play at a high level? As in beyond midget?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    They're still playing the same little venue here that we saw them in 15 years ago. They've just tripled the prices. Hey, if they can command that price good for them...but I'm out.
    I just saw the recent tour in Gatineau, Quebec. Tickets were less than $100 for the pair. Excellent show!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Did anyone in this thread ever play at a high level? As in beyond midget?
    I only just played for fun when ponds froze. There was no team in my school until long after I graduated and rinks aren't easily accessible. As a result I did play in a roller hockey league for a number of years. Not the same thing, but competetive as hell and a ton of fun!

Rangers drifting. Playing hard as hell, but still a ways away. Wondering what moves may be made. Hayes? Zucc?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I only just played for fun when ponds froze. There was no team in my school until long after I graduated and rinks aren't easily accessible. As a result I did play in a roller hockey league for a number of years. Not the same thing, but competetive as hell and a ton of fun!

Rangers drifting. Playing hard as hell, but still a ways away. Wondering what moves may be made. Hayes? Zucc?
    I think both are gonzo, which I hate, but it's fun to watch some of the young guys. It's been a long time since NYR had a core of young talented players and hopefully this year's draft will only improve the roster. On a related note, I enjoyed the 25th anniversary celebration of the 94 Championship team on Friday night. Some of those video clips, especially "Matteau, Matteau" can still raise the goosebumps. Graves, Leetch, Richter, Messier, what a lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I think both are gonzo, which I hate, but it's fun to watch some of the young guys. It's been a long time since NYR had a core of young talented players and hopefully this year's draft will only improve the roster. On a related note, I enjoyed the 25th anniversary celebration of the 94 Championship team on Friday night. Some of those video clips, especially "Matteau, Matteau" can still raise the goosebumps. Graves, Leetch, Richter, Messier, what a lineup.
    Yeah...nice memories there with that ceremony. MSG always does a great job with things like that. Nice tribute to Karpotsev, flying in his wife and daughter and it was super classy to have the empty mic during the anthem in honor of John Amirante.

Does anybody know where or when I can see Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story? I think it was released in Canada. I'd really like to watch this. Also if anyone hasn't seen Ice Guardians do yourself a favor and check it out. Fighting fan or not, it's a great watch and you really appreciate these guys and what they do.

Does anybody know where or when I can see Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story? I think it was released in Canada. I'd really like to watch this. Also if anyone hasn't seen Ice Guardians do yourself a favor and check it out. Fighting fan or not, it's a great watch and you really appreciate these guys and what they do.
    I would be interested in seeing that too. I used to have a "Give Blood Fight Probie" T-shirt back in the day when he played for the Red Wings.

It's availabe in Canada on Super Channel on demand. I don't subscribe to Super Channel though. You might want to try the On Demand features of your cable provider.

Ice Guardians is on Netflix. I've added it to my list. Thanks for the rec.

I found this post on reddit that includes a couple of pirate links if you do that sort of thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...probert_story/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I would be interested in seeing that too. I used to have a "Give Blood Fight Probie" T-shirt back in the day when he played for the Red Wings.
    nice. The Bruise Bothers along with Kocur...that was a deadly combo back in the day!

I found this post on reddit that includes a couple of pirate links if you do that sort of thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...probert_story/
    Thanks!! I'll check my On Demand, but if not there I'll just wait until it pops up on Prime or Netflix. Not into the pirate thing.

Along with the Probert film, this is the other hockey doc that I really want to see...

https://makingcoco.com/

The eons are closing
    Useless Islander stat (...Klonker with sarcasm in 3..2...1)

Have 34 wins so far this season:
    17 wins at home
    17 wins on road

17 wins for R. Lehner in net;
    17 wins for T. Greiss

Back to your regularly scheduled coffee break
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Useless Islander stat (...Klonker with sarcasm in 3..2...1)

Have 34 wins so far this season:
    17 wins at home
    17 wins on road

17 wins for R. Lehner in net;
    17 wins for T. Greiss

Back to your regularly scheduled coffee break
    Who_gives_a_shit.jpg

In the same train of thought, they showed a stat for Numerologists yesterday. They were comparing Subban and Weber. Subban wears #76 and is +6 for the season. Weber wears #6 and is +76 in his career. Cue the meme, Scott!

I'm watching the Sabres-Rangers game, and they showed my favorite player from when I was a kid, Gil Perreault, who was in the stands watching the game. What a shock. I know we're all getting older, but no way I know who that is unless the announcer tells us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    In the same train of thought, they showed a stat for Numerologists yesterday. They were comparing Subban and Weber. Subban wears #76 and is +6 for the season. Weber wears #6 and is +76 in his career. Cue the meme, Scott!
    no you're post is safe because it isn't Islander related. But...

hqdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm watching the Sabres-Rangers game, and they showed my favorite player from when I was a kid, Gil Perreault, who was in the stands watching the game. What a shock. I know we're all getting older, but no way I know who that is unless the announcer tells us.
    More importantly it was a solid Ranger win!

More importantly it was a solid Ranger win!
    The Sabs looked terrible. Every time they put themselves in position to get off a good scoring chance, the would-be shooter crapped himself and either didn't get off a clean shot, or fumbled it away altogether. The goaltending was nothing to write home about either.