Page 251 of 403 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I don't think they'll re-sign him. Hoping they do, but....
    Hearing they're looking at Streit as an alternative... we need someone....

Biggest thing I'm concerned about is the failure to address the pivot problem.

Less than a month before the NHL regular season gets under way! Lots of reasons to be excited that hockey is almost back.

For those who might be inclined, we are looking for someone to take over a team in the PE Fantasy Hockey Keeper League. If you're interested, post here or, better yet, send me a message.

First preseason game on NHL Network today: VAN/LA. Canucks have 13 feet of goalie!

The Leafs are playing a preseason game against Buffalo tonight at Ricoh Coliseum. This is where the Toronto Marlies play. It's a nice little arena that holds about 8,000. A new block of tickets was released this morning and Hubby I grabbed a pair in the corner for $36 each! The equivalent seats in the Air Canada Centre for a regular season game would run me between $250 and $400 each, depending on the opposing team (For corners! I'm not kidding!).

I know it's pre-season, but it's hockey, and good seats at an affordable price. Something you don't get in Toronto. The team, I'm sure will be half Leaf babies, and half Marlies. But I'm okay with that. There will be some exciting young players on the ice. For less than $100, it'll be a fun night!

Wishing you better success than the two previous losses to the mighty Sens! (LOL)
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Wishing you better success than the two previous losses to the mighty Sens! (LOL)
    Yeah, yeah. Leafs won 3-0. Not as impressive as it might sound with the first goal being a PP goal, and the last two goals being empty netters in the last 1:30.

The score should have been higher. There were lots of scoring opportunities, but Buffalo's goalie played a great game.

It was fun night, though. I'm ready for the real season to start!

This season can't start soon enough. I can't wait to watch a sport without prima donnas who think the world owes them something.

Drop the puck!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This season can't start soon enough. I can't wait to watch a sport without prima donnas who think the world owes them something.
    Wow. You really don't get it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

You obviously don't plan on watching the defending champs then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wow. You really don't get it.
    I get it just fine, Scott. It's just different than what you "get"...how dare I! Don't give me your holier than thou shit dude. It's old.

Don't give me your holier than thou shit dude. It's old.
    Says the guy going out of his way to bitch about this stuff in two different threads.

Whatever, Skippy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

all you do here is bitch about stuff. Skippy is fine...I'll go with that. Go away....your lady parts are much better suited in that NFL thread.

Sorry folks...back to hockey...

The eons are closing
    Sweet! Everyone is in mid season form already! [emoji106]

It is in this Islander fan's opinion that if the Isles are not .500 after two months minimum, they will trade Tavares rather than lose him.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I'm curious as to your thoughts on the Islanders this year, Thomas. What are you in need of?

Rangers need a center to step up and I don't think Zib or Hayes are that guy yet, but we shall see. Miller will be at wing so he's out which means one of the youngins will get that chance. Not so sure about this. My other concern is the Holden/Staal pairing on D. And the jury is out on Shattenkirk's D.

The eons are closing
    Everybody wants D line help, and this is where we actually have the most depth.

iMO, if you have two goalies you have none as the Isles don't have a real A / B scenario, more 1A 1B which can be problematic.

In the end, it's about whomever is Tavares' winger. A true sniping winger with Tavares feeding the puck and Anders Lee down low in the crease.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Sweet! Everyone is in mid season form already! [emoji106]
    The Habs are... they decided to skip that "opening the season with a flurry" thing and go straight to the mid-season goal scoring slump.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

^^^ Hudon and Mete the only bright spots this pre-season. 0-4, trouble scoring, per usual. That clown Bergevin never addressed the center need and the defense will be worse than last year. Oh well. Glad hockey season is back anyway.

Are you guys happy with Shea Weber?

Also I'm curious as to what you thought of David Desharnais when he was a Hab. He will probably be our 3rd or 4th line center. He's definitely got some excellent passing skills but don't know much about his overall game. Seems to be a hustler.

Are you guys happy with Shea Weber?

Also I'm curious as to what you thought of David Desharnais when he was a Hab. He will probably be our 3rd or 4th line center. He's definitely got some excellent passing skills but don't know much about his overall game. Seems to be a hustler.
    While it was painful to see PK go so far in the playoffs last year, I'd say on the whole Habs fans love Shea. He's still a major force defensively and scored 17 goals last year.... as for Deshanais, he never reached expectations/fulfilled potential, and was maybe a bit of a scapegoat for the utterly lackluster Habs offense last year. There's talent there, maybe a change of scenery will turn things around. I think Vescey's going to be great for you guys, btw

Desharnais was definitely a disappointment in Edmonton. Management was hoping that he would perform well enough to warrant re-signing in the offseason but he never really gelled with any of the linemates they placed him with and the organization elected to pass on offering him a contract. Basically they ended up signing Jussi Jokinen instead, for better or worse.

That's right! I forgot he was with you guys last year. You should be excited Brian...I think EDM is finally getting their shit together...no? I always pull for 'em.

That's right! I forgot he was with you guys last year. You should be excited Brian...I think EDM is finally getting their shit together...no? I always pull for 'em.
    If the preseason is any indicator, yes. Unfortunately, as well all know, the preseason means nothing.

Weber is solid and I don't miss PK. Desharnais is mostly cold with a couple of short-lived hot streaks in between. He'll be out of the league by next season, imo. He's a Pouliot without the size.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Well that sucks but hey, maybe he'll fit well here?

Not that I'm trying to stereotype the Nashville market (well, maybe a little...) but I really don't think that hockey fans there or elsewhere really appreciated just how good Shea Weber actually is until he started playing in Montreal.