Page 234 of 402 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Almost every game has been on the NHL Network!
    I don't get it.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

NHL.com has it and I have been watching. Great game so far. !st was all Canada and 2nd all USA. Should be a great finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    NHL.com has it and I have been watching. Great game so far. !st was all Canada and 2nd all USA. Should be a great finish!
    3rd period has been a nail biter. Going into OT, this is anyone's game! GO CANADA!

Wow. What a game. The US takes the Gold in a shootout (after a full 20 minute, 5 on 5 OT). Congrats to the US team.

Back to Leafs hockey tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Wow. What a game. The US takes the Gold in a shootout (after a full 20 minute, 5 on 5 OT). Congrats to the US team.

Was that a fun game to watch or what?! Way to go USA, but damn that could have gone either way. Great stuff!

I don't get it.
    He means there's a channel called NHL Network and they are showing the games. Do you get it now?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

I managed to catch the end of the 3rd until the end of the game. I'm now regretting that I didn't watch more of this. What a fun tournament.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    He means there's a channel called NHL Network and they are showing the games. Do you get it now?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I managed to catch the end of the 3rd until the end of the game. I'm now regretting that I didn't watch more of this. What a fun tournament.
    The World Juniors is always a fun tournament to watch. Hubby and I went to the Bronze medal game in 2015. It was Slovakia vs. Sweden. We bought tickets 2 hours before the puck drop and paid $25/ticket to sit five rows behind the penalty box (easily $500 - $600 per seat for a Leafs game). The stands were virtually empty (Canada was playing for Gold that night), but we had a blast! It was great hockey. There were four Slovakian guys sitting in front of us so we started cheering with them. What a hoot!!! And Slovakia won.

We didn't get to any games this year as we had a very busy holiday season, but I would have liked to go. We watched a lot of the games on TV. Some of these young guys are excellent players. Next year is in Buffalo, just a two hour drive from us. A road trip might be fun!

A lot of that was played here and not only did I not go, I didn't watch a single game. I find that just watching the Habs is enough hockey for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    A lot of that was played here and not only did I not go, I didn't watch a single game. I find that just watching the Habs is enough hockey for me...
    Not watching the Bruins is enough hockey for me this year.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's a goal song meant to be fun to sing. It's not intended for the stuffy prog fan to analyze
    I get it, it just has less of a tune than I was expecting. But like I said it sounds like fun.

Historic call. One would think NYR just won The Cup.
    https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/he...422/c-48188003
    It was a great, come-from-behind victory, game-winning goal, with 16.5 tics left by Grabner of course.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    It was a great, come-from-behind victory, game-winning goal, with 16.5 tics left by Grabner of course.
    Yep, great comeback and that call was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    I watched the game. It was a terrible giveaway by Jones, who nearly fanned on the pass, resulting in the turnover. Yeah, the Rangers converted the gift, but they were lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I watched the game. It was a terrible giveaway by Jones, who nearly fanned on the pass, resulting in the turnover. Yeah, the Rangers converted the gift, but they were lucky.
    That's hockey! It was a well-deserved gift after how dominant they were in the 3rd period.

Grabner is so damn fast...gets at least 2 break aways per game. The knock on him was his hands and so far I don't see it. 18 goals for a guy that doesn't play on the PP and gets 10-15 mins a game? That's pretty impressive. Great addition to the team so far!

Can't argue with that. They totally dominated the 3rd, and showed excellent speed.

Flyers nearly completed a comeback against the Blue Jackets yesterday, scoring a goal with 17 seconds left to tie the game at one, only to lose in OT.

That 15-game streak was no fluke. They're a really good, solid team. Fun to watch.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Habs too decimated with injuries to compete with a high flying Caps team last night. Been a while since we lost one that decisively at home; and it wasn't through lack of effort...

R.I.P. Steven McDonald
    http://abc7ny.com/news/nypd-detectiv...ge-59/1695746/
    As big a Rangers fan as there was; the award named after him will be extra special this season.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yeah man. Very sad day. I grew up with him as a Ranger fan. Truly inspiring man. MSG will be fighting back tears when they honor him next game.

You could always tell that the player that was awarded the Steven McDonald Extra Effort award each year was really pleased to win. It seems to mean something to the winner every year.

www.nyrangers.com

Classy move by team. Entire home page dedicated to Steven McDonald.

RIP.

Hey Scotty, enjoy the tilt tonight. I know the Leafs aren't in Ranger's class yet, but I hope they can play the way they have been lately so you can see some of the magic of these kids. Of course they are coming off this week holiday thing, so who knows how that affects the play. I've seen pretty well every game this year, and there's no doubt that Austin Matthews is a very very special player. Mitchell Marner is the dazzler, and shows a bright future...maybe the next patick Kane if he keeps going. But anyway, I swear, I enjoy every minute of every game, whether they win or lose. Up to 9 rookies in the line up every night, and it's the best hockey we've seen in decades.

Oh yeah Lino no doubt. I only wish I was there for this one. Tonight will be a sad/special night at MSG with all that Steven McDonald has meant to the Rangers over the past 30 years. They will have a tribute before game. Will it give the players a boost or bring them down...can never tell. I can't wait to see Matthews...love watching these talented kids. You may want to keep an eye on Pavel Buchnevich on our side who comes back tonight from injury. He may be rusty, but man this kid has skills! Hope it's a good game!