Page 284 of 403 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

It's shaping up to be quite a dog fight for that 3rd spot in the Atlantic division, and subsequently the 2 final Wild Card spots. Hopefully the Habs can stay in the middle of it so I can keep watching meaningful games into the spring.

I have not watched a single minute of the World Juniors, even though every game has been televised. There is also the Spengler Cup which is played at this time of the year, which seems to fly under everybody's radar.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Just heard about Rick Nash's retirement. Hats off to the best player in Blue Jackets history, in all likelihood. He will be long remembered.

Bolts lost to the Islanders today. Could be a Playoff first round match up.

You know the Bolts are good when other teams’ fans regularly say ‘We hung with them, even though we lost’ as if they expected something like a Canada vs. Belarus Olympics result.

Fact is, in the modern NHL no team really ‘dominates’ anymore.

Habs vs Bruins last night was a classic! End to end action, great goaltending, a solid heavyweight tilt in the 1st period, overtime, and a Habs win. What more could you want?

Where have all the hockey fans gone?

Habs win big yesterday despite being totally outshot. Both goalies playing out of their minds right now....

Check out this beauty by Kotkaniemi. I think this kid is going to be something special

https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/mu...l-goal~1586804

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Where have all the hockey fans gone?
    I've been wondering that for weeks. I was going to ask a few Curling questions to get some activity on the thread.

I guess with the Rangers out of the playoffs as of now, and the Leafs nose-diving, we've lost key posters.

Nah...just been busy. But yeah, not much good to say about the Rangers...although they looked great last night. We've got a ways to go...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm liking where the Habs are at right now, but it's gonna take 100% from every player on every shift to stay in the race. We don't have the raw talent that the teams we are chasing have...

Bolts vs Toronto coming up on Thursday night. Both teams will be pumped up. Kucherov has been held scoreless in 2 straight games so you know he’s gonna be itching... The guy just hates not being on the scoresheet.

Yves- Kotkaniemi has been a huge surprise. I was shocked when the Habs took him at #3 overall but he’s more than proven his worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post

Yves- Kotkaniemi has been a huge surprise. I was shocked when the Habs took him at #3 overall but he’s more than proven his worth.
    Did not know anything about him and the pundits were split on this pick but he made the team and has never been called down all season. He is still a little green and needs to fill out physically, but you can see his high "hockey IQ" .

The eons are closing
    isles have won 12 of last 15 and STILL are only six seed as of this morning. Have some quality wins in that batch too including Leafs and Bolts.

Shows the undeniable importance of early season 'clean' wins (no bonus pt) and how challenging to make up ground it is.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    isles have won 12 of last 15 and STILL are only six seed as of this morning. Have some quality wins in that batch too including Leafs and Bolts.

Shows the undeniable importance of early season 'clean' wins (no bonus pt) and how challenging to make up ground it is.
    The hatred between our teams is starting to pick up again. I have a feeling the next game is going to provide us with some good old school glove droppings! How it should be...

The eons are closing
    Dude.....I totally refrained from posting here in the moment, but what the fuck with McLeod cross checking before faceoff eight seconds into the game then wussing out on the fight with Johnston.

Why I respect choosing your opponents in a tussle fo' sure, cross checking a goon is the equivalent of a "come-hither" look - an invitation to something more....

And then to leave Johnston hanging like that...total tease and it cost the Isles a goal because Johnston dropped his pants....I mean gloves.... lol

And by the way, I definitely did not include NYR in the quality win category ;-) LOL

- T

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I guess with the ... Leafs nose-diving, we've lost key posters.
    Dude, don't even start. LOL! I check in here about once a week to see what's going on in this thread but haven't had much time to post. Even in the current nose-dive the Leafs haven't been out of playoff contention. They're an exciting team to watch, and it's a long time coming. I love seeing Tavares in blue and white, and Marner continues to amaze me. Now if only Nylander would get off his ass and earn that big salary he held out for...

I'm enjoying the ride.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Dude,.... love seeing Tavares in blue and white.....

I'm enjoying the ride.
    Used to love you Esther......

Now I merely dig you LOL!

Dude.....I totally refrained from posting here in the moment, but what the fuck with McLeod cross checking before faceoff eight seconds into the game then wussing out on the fight with Johnston.

Why I respect choosing your opponents in a tussle fo' sure, cross checking a goon is the equivalent of a "come-hither" look - an invitation to something more....

And then to leave Johnston hanging like that...total tease and it cost the Isles a goal because Johnston dropped his pants....I mean gloves.... lol

And by the way, I definitely did not include NYR in the quality win category ;-) LOL

- T
    Wussing out Johnston is a useless meathead and was an easy target for a power play goal there. McLeod is not a heavy, but will fight anyone...usually to his demise , but I love the energy he brings. Johnston should put on his big boy boots and try a go with McQuaid.

Dude, don't even start. LOL! I check in here about once a week to see what's going on in this thread but haven't had much time to post. Even in the current nose-dive the Leafs haven't been out of playoff contention. They're an exciting team to watch, and it's a long time coming. I love seeing Tavares in blue and white, and Marner continues to amaze me. Now if only Nylander would get off his ass and earn that big salary he held out for...

I'm enjoying the ride.
    That Kapanen kid aint to bad either. Been watching him a bit also. The Finns are producing some damn fine NHLers!

You know which Leaf the Bolts like? Jake Gardiner. I don’t know what it is but every time we play the Leafs we’re good for about three goals when he’s on the ice. Your top 9 forwards create a nice test for us though.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Wussing out [emoji38] Johnston is a useless meathead and was an easy target for a power play goal there. McLeod is not a heavy, but will fight anyone...usually to his demise [emoji38], but I love the energy he brings. Johnston should put on his big boy boots and try a go with McQuaid.
    Dude....if you're going to cross check a meathead in front of the linesman BEFORE the puck drop and then scurry away, that player deserves scorn.

I'm enjoying the ride.
    Leafs have the raw talent to rev it up again.... Teams like the Habs and Isles need to face every game like a playoff game just to stay in the race.

Dude....if you're going to cross check a meathead in front of the linesman BEFORE the puck drop and then scurry away, that player deserves scorn.
    Yeah because Johnston was just sitting there quiet waiting for the facoff cmon. You Isle fans are so whiny even when you're playing good What did he play...2 minutes after that? Clearly Trotz was pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    You know which Leaf the Bolts like? Jake Gardiner. I don’t know what it is but every time we play the Leafs we’re good for about three goals when he’s on the ice. Your top 9 forwards create a nice test for us though.
    Dreger was talking last night about possible interest in Tampa for Wayne Simmonds. Lot's of rumblings about teams in the East now about the Tom Wilson effect in the playoffs. The angry power forward is becoming a necessity. Simmonds on Tampa would be scary. I'd LOVE him here in NY.

Yeah, I’ve heard the Simmons rumours. Not sure what we’d give up for him. You hate to break up a winning team.

Even though a power forward like Simmons would be more than welcome you don’t want to do something that might change the air, alter the chemistry when you’re doing well. Neither do you want Tom Wilson dictating your lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That Kapanen kid aint to bad either. Been watching him a bit also. The Finns are producing some damn fine NHLers!
    Yeah, he's bounced back and forth between the Marlies and the Leafs for the last few years. But I guess the Marlies winning the Calder cup last season was enough to bump him up to the NHL full-time, so far anyway. There are a number of young hotshots who moved from the Marlies roster to the Leafs roster this season, after winning the cup last year. I know that you can't compare AHL playoffs to NHL playoffs, but hopefully that experience will help the Leafs move further into the playoffs this year. I think the team is still too young, but we shall see. With guys like Tavares, Marner and Mathews on the team there's lots to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22
    Used to love you Esther......

Now I merely dig you LOL!
    You're breaking my heart! I'll take 'dig'. It could be a lot worse. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    Leafs have the raw talent to rev it up again.... Teams like the Habs and Isles need to face every game like a playoff game just to stay in the race.
    It's times like this I really miss my Habs-loving friend Jeff. He would hate the current situation SO MUCH.