Page 99 of 403 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The only shocker to me so far has been Luongo. Never saw that one coming. It also makes my Fantasy goalie stats even worse now
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Habs just acquired Devan Dubnyk (???) for Future Considerations. That guy Considerations gets traded all the time!

I knew the Habs wouldn't do anything major. They'd rather be conservative and decent, than take a chance and fall flat on their faces.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Never thought I'd see St. Louis in any uniform other than a Lightning one.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Looks like you guys just parted with Ruutu.

Vanek to the Habs.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Vanek to the Habs.
    Holy crap! Didn't think this was going to happen. NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Vanek to the Habs.
    Nice job by the Fishsticks on the Moulson/Vanek deal. "You know nothing, Garth Snow."

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Nice job by the Fishsticks on the Moulson/Vanek deal. "You know nothing, Garth Snow."
    LOL!

Habs did not give up much which tells me they probably won't make too much of an effort to woo him in the off-season. He's this year's Ryder.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

nice Game of Thrones reference.

Raphael Diaz? For another draft pick? I don't get it. He's a good puck mover, but small and soft as shit.

St. Louis will be in the line-up tonight. Lookin' forward to the game.

I loved Cally as a player, but he was way off base looking for 1st line money and a no trade.

He gives GREAT intangibles but he is a 25 goal, 45 point player. He was off base with his demands.

I love St. Louis but the draft picks hurt. I have to sleep on it to decide where I stand on this trade.

To me the biggest surprise is Legwand to Detroit. The first Predator draft pick sent packing. I was completely caught off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Looks like you guys just parted with Ruutu.
    Not surprising there.
    Guess they don't have much else that they're willing to trade that anyone else wants.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Toronto up 2 zip early in the third and go on the powerplay. But wait. Rangers score TWO shorthanders on that penalty and tie the game. Unbelievably, the Islanders did the same thing to TO this week.

Edit - Leafs win in ot.
    Ppppfffffffttttttttttttttttt...............
    Last edited by Obscured; 03-05-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Toronto up 2 zip early in the third and go on the powerplay. But wait. Rangers score TWO shorthanders on that penalty and tie the game. Unbelievably, the Islanders did the same thing to TO this week.

Edit - Leafs win in ot.
    Ppppfffffffttttttttttttttttt...............
    It's worse than that. That first SH goal was off Phaneuf's skate. UGH! Thank goodness for Bozak and one point. I'm not sure we deserved it, but we'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Thank goodness for Bozak
    Yep, he gets a penalty shot goal and the game winning ot goal. Once again, ppppppfffffffttttttttt...........
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    The Fishsticks crack makes you a Ranger fan, but the quote about Snow is spot on, unfortunately.

Don't look now, but the Flyers are getting hot. Still don't think they have the horses to make too much noise in the playoffs, but at least they'll play meaningful games the rest of the season. Giroux, after an awful start, is really heating up, too. I'm thinking that Olympic snub kicked him in the ass.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

steve yserman is tired of the word snub. he says it means to ignore. these players werent ignored they were considerd, just didnt make the final cut. he wants to clarify this as people keep asking about the st louis trade and if it had anything to do with the snub.

touchy touchy hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    steve yserman is tired of the word snub. he says it means to ignore. these players werent ignored they were considerd, just didnt make the final cut. he wants to clarify this as people keep asking about the st louis trade and if it had anything to do with the snub.
    po-tay-to, po-tah-to.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Another example of why most NHL'ers (and their fans) are the best:

http://rinksidereport.com/2014/03/06...ial-young-fan/

^ That's a great story!

Rangers score another shorthanded goal; their last and only 3 goals in the past 2 games have come this way. And they give up another penalty shot goal in their second straight game. Just tied it up as I type! 2-2 with 6 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd.
    Edit- 4 goal 3rd, huge win for NYR. Dominated all night but wasn't till Carolina goes boneheaded and takes b2b delay of game calls. Rangers score on that 5 on 3, St. Louis lovely assist, his first NY point and his first NY win.
    Last edited by Obscured; 03-07-2014 at 09:44 PM.

This one would have been a crusher if we lost with all those shots on goal. Best game since the Olympic break for the Rangers. Now let's start rollin' and get those games back on the red hot Flyers! Great to have Zucarello back too. That dude makes such a difference.

I'm still very concerned about any playoff longevity with this teams lack of size.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This one would have been a crusher if we lost with all those shots on goal.
    If Cam had been in net you'd've been up 4-1 at the end of the first . . . . . . . .

Yeah man...that Kudobin dude is a hell of a goalie!