Page 95 of 403 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

what a sorry piece of shit is that guy prust

Talk about scoring slumps, prior to last night the Kings had scored 3 goals in their last 6 games ! The Blackhawks score two early, and beat them handily 5-3.

Rangers go up 2-0 (Capt. Cally w/both) after one against Colorado; outshooting them 20-4.
    Me likey.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Me likey too, but Capt. Cally may be goney before the Olympic breaky.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

What's up with the Rangers shopping him around anyway? Cap issues? On ice issues?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

$$$ issues. I read somewhere that he wants something like $7M/year and a long term - like 7 or 8 years. Yikes!

Pierre McGuire said that both sides have softened their stances since the opening round of negotiations and it is possible that Callahan will stay on as a Ranger after all. Stay tuned.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Stamkos is out - St. Louis is in. The province of Quebec will not secede until after they see how much ice time Marty gets.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

We're probably more concerned with Price and Subban! It's going to be an interesting tourney. There are 3 or 4 nations that could win gold. The team that gels the fastest has the best chance imo.

And goaltending. In a "short tournament" like this, who know, Martin (Darth) Gerber could lead Switzerland to Gold for all we know.

And from where I sit, they'd be crazy to play anyone other than Price in nets.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Stamkos is out - St. Louis is in. The province of Quebec will not secede until after they see how much ice time Marty gets.
    This is news to me. I heard that Stamkos was out but I didn't know about St. Louis. It was a big deal to our local sportscasters when St. Louis wasn't named. All that outrage for nothing.

Claude Giroux was another candidate. He has a more complete game than St-Louis.

I don't know if Price will be the main goalie. Not sure if I wouldn't rather see him just resting on the bench instead.

I heard someone on the radio yesterday (didn't catch who it was but he was either NHL-connected or Hockey Canada connected) saying that Luongo was just terrible lately and Mike Smith was a poor choice to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I don't know if Price will be the main goalie. Not sure if I wouldn't rather see him just resting on the bench instead.
    You selfish Bastard!

Sportscasters were upset here too !! (Tampa) Me too I might add. 2nd time in 4 years Yzerman left him off the list, and face it, this was Marty's last chance for the Olympics. Stamkos will be there next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    You selfish Bastard!
    Hehehe!

The Olympics are but a bleep on the radar. The regular season is what is more important. Habs will barely it make into the playoffs WITH Price. Without him, forget it! Rather see him resting up than risking injury.

The fact that I'll be tanning my ass in sunny Aruba the week the playoffs begin, so will probably miss the Habs one-and-done series, is beside the point!

yserman prolly didn't want to burn out st. louis for a lightning playoff considering his age. personal reasons for not naming him the first time and now pressure got to him. this could be scary as canadian team has somebody they want to win for you know that veteran. from the little i have seen the montreal goalie is the best of the three

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The fact that I'll be tanning my ass in sunny Aruba the week the playoffs begin, so will probably miss the Habs one-and-done series, is beside the point!
    We'll be in Vegas that week...placing our playoff bets and sitting in the Sports Book drinking and watching all the games.

While our team looks really great, I agree that the one area that worries me a bit is goal tending. Price, Luongo and Smith all just somehow don't "seem" like they have it right now and when I look at a guy like Lundqvist, it scares the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    yserman prolly didn't want to burn out st. louis for a lightning playoff considering his age. personal reasons for not naming him the first time and now pressure got to him. this could be scary as canadian team has somebody they want to win for you know that veteran. from the little i have seen the montreal goalie is the best of the three
    I disagree with your comments about Yzerman's motives. He's way too classy a guy to do that. Besides, it doesn't matter what team he would have picked, there would have been many comments/criticisms about who wasn't on it. I think his choices are great and as far as an overall team, I think Canada has the most talent, at least on paper. While not having Stamkos is a big blow, there are plenty(!) of other guys who can put the puck in the net and St.Louis will add a great veteran presence, plus he's now more motivated than ever and will lilkely have a HUGE Olympics.

Did anyone recognize the last Sotchi olympic flame carrier ??

Alexander Tretiak.... ex-USSR goalie in the great 70 & 80's
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Did anyone recognize the last Sotchi olympic flame carrier ??

Alexander Tretiak.... ex-USSR goalie in the great 70 & 80's
    It's Vladislav. Didn't watch the ceremony but, yeah, that's pretty cool.

Tretiak was incredible along with his Red Army teammates back then. Men's Hockey starts Wednesday, looking forward. 2010 was amazing.

Date Game Time (ET) Live TV
    Wed, Feb. 12 Czech Republic vs. Sweden 12 p.m. USA
    Wed, Feb. 12 Latvia vs. Switzerland 12 p.m. MSNBC
    Thu, Feb. 13 Finland vs. Austria 3 a.m. NBCSN
    Thu, Feb. 13 Russia vs. Slovenia 7:30 a.m. MSNBC
    Thu, Feb. 13 Slovakia vs. United States 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
    Thu, Feb. 13 Canada vs. Norway 12 p.m. USA
    Fri, Feb. 14 Czech Republic vs. Latvia 3 a.m. MSNBC
    Fri, Feb. 14 Sweden vs. Switzerland 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
    Fri, Feb. 14 Canada vs. Austria 12 p.m. USA
    Fri, Feb. 14 Norway vs. Finland 12 p.m. MSNBC
    Sat, Feb. 15 Slovakia vs. Slovenia 3 a.m. MSNBC
    Sat, Feb. 15 United States vs. Russia 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
    Sat, Feb. 15 Switzerland vs. Czech Republic 12 p.m. NBCSN
    Sat, Feb. 15 Sweden vs. Latvia 12 p.m. USA
    Sun, Feb. 16 Austria vs. Norway 3 a.m. USA
    Sun, Feb. 16 Russia vs. Slovakia 7:30 a.m. USA
    Sun, Feb. 16 Slovenia vs. United States 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
    Sun, Feb. 16 Finland vs. Canada 12 p.m. USA
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Thanks for posting the schedule. All the Team Canada games are noon. No 3 am-ers. Nice.

And this will keep some folks happy till the games begin-

See ya in 2 weeks! (or in the Olympics thread)

Big scare for Team USA yesterday when Max Pacioretty crashed hard into the net. Apparently he is OK and will be at Sochi. He's got 26 goals so far this season and I expect the 'Mericans to be counting on him for some offense.