Page 94 of 402 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

^ That would totally suck for women's hockey.

I thought they were going to drop women's hockey from the Olympics altogether because there's only 2 competetive teams...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Last night was the best performance I've seen from an Oilers netminder in years...

I got a notification that Scrivens set an NHL record with that 59 save shutout.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Wow, that's impressive!

Rangers get a huge 4 pts. during Stadium Series. I think one game is plenty though. Ice was awful.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I will never forgive the Leafs for trading him. NEVER!

I hope he keeps breaking records.

Correction on the new TV deal in Ottawa - we will not have to pay a premium to get the Sens games on TSN. Esther corrected me about the change in Toronto, so it seems that only the hockey-starved fans in Winnipeg are paying a premium to Bell for their games. Remember I posted a picture of the Sens sweater on the Coke Zero can and mentioned that it is a pervasive strategy the team and it's partners are using? Well, with Bell on board, it's only going to get worse! All Sens All The Time!

One possible change that the new TV deal may bring is that Denis Potvin will be replaced as the colour analyst on the local games. TSN has a ton of guys in-house already and they may designate one or more to the Senators broadcasts. The more interesting question is if TSN will retain Dean Brown as the play-by-play announcer. Dean has broadcast all but a small number of games (< 10) since the Sens rejoined the league in 1992, either on TV or radio.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Remember I posted a picture of the Sens sweater on the Coke Zero can and mentioned that it is a pervasive strategy the team and it's partners are using?
    I don't drink pop so I never knew this, but they do the same with cans in Toronto. Every Coke Zero can is a Leafs jersey. I just learned that last week when a colleague was drinking a Coke Zero.

Glad to hear that you won't have to pay extra to watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Wow, that's impressive!

Rangers get a huge 4 pts. during Stadium Series. I think one game is plenty though. Ice was awful.

Was there last night definitely a much different game than Sunday. The way fans were consuming alcohol though you'd think we were at a Yankee/Met game in the middle of august not a hockey game with single digit wind chill temps in January. It was cold enough to freeze a few beer taps.

Overall though a great experience and great time seem to be had by all. One big difference I noticed with the fans at this game compared to games at MSG was the absence of the suites/corporate crowd. Unless they were so bundled up that they didn't stand out but it appeared almost everyone had on a Ranger or Islander jersey as their outermost garment.

One thing we could have done without was the Cee Lo performance even with his chants for a Ranger victory it was painful!
    Last edited by Gladiator1634; 01-30-2014 at 03:55 PM.

I still remember Ron Tugnutt's performance in that Bruins/Nordiques 3-3 tie.

Habs seem to habe the Bruins number of late. Last night made it 5 in a row against the Big Bad Bruins.

Great Leafs/Panthers game last night. After a slow start the Leafs were on fire. It was great to see them play so well. They're creeping up on Tampa Bay. We just have to get those pesky Habs out of the way...they keep hanging on with a one point difference so that the Wild Card spot is a revolving door. Man, it's a tight race.

Expect it to remain that tight until the end of the season. Even the Bruins aren't assured of finishing first. They looked a little tired yesterday. They usually revert to their goon strategies when they fall behind by a couple of goals but the Habs have got the likes of Murray and Parros now, so there was no attempt at intimidation last night.

Ya, Parros' mustache is sooo scary. Yves, has he fought since his face-plant/concussion earlier this season?

And Murray is Swedish. What's he going to do - win a debate with Lucic?

I believe Parros has had a couple of tussles since. I can't recall one out-and-out fight. Murray is a big man. He was in charge of keeping Chara from parking in front of Budaj during PPs last night. Both men give the Habs a little more size than before. The Bruins used to totally manhandle the likes of Gallagher and Gionta and go unpunished...

Ottawa only has one guy who can be considered a "nuclear deterrent" - Matt Kassian. He only dresses against certain teams (including the Leafs). He gets between 2 and 6 minutes of ice-time per game. The crazy thing is, the Sens have a much better winning percentage when he is in the lineup than when he is not. Go figure.

Love 'em or hate 'em...these guys make other guys play bigger.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Friggin' Isles.....gotta win all five games before break to have shot at playoffs
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I didn't realize it earlier, but the Sens are now sitting in eighth place given the Flyers loss last night out west. Carolina is the only team in the East (outside the top three in each division) that's been hotter than Ottawa. Those Staal brothers have been playing lights out lately. I would have no problem if Eric is chosen to replace Stamkos on the Canadian Olympic team. Nothing wrong with going with a hot hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Love 'em or hate 'em...these guys make other guys play bigger.
    They're a necessary evil... I hate the staged goon vs goon fights, but sometimes things build up to a point where the gloves gotta come off!

A MUDSHARK SIGHTING!!!!

Nice classy tribute at the garden tonight before the Ranger/Islander game for Sam Rosen for his 30th anniversary of calling Ranger hockey.

Is it just me or is Kyle Okposo on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Friggin' Isles.....gotta win all five games before break to have shot at playoffs
    Not.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

POKE MY GOALIE ??? I'LL KICK YOUR ASS !!!