Page 92 of 403 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Torts get suspended for six games/fifteen days.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441725

Giggity.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Torts - the only NHL coach that makes Bob Hartley look classy. Sheesh!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Best part in that video is that you can barely see Torts short-ass, head Especially with Brian McGrattan standing there.

He got what he deserved. I still kinda like the dude though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Rangers up 3-1. Effing Islanders get 4 unanswered. PPPPfffffffftttttt.......
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Six in a row for the Leafs, first time that's happened in eight years. Time to give them the Order Of Canada award!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The Rangers still look very solid and it's great to see Rick Nash playing at his normally high level again.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 01-22-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Six in a row for the Leafs, first time that's happened in eight years. Time to give them the Order Of Canada award!
    The parade is back on!

Rangers send Micheal Del Zotto to the Preds for Kevin Klein (he was great in 'A Fish Called Wanda' but I'm not sure that this is an upgrade for New York).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441890

Somehow I doubt that Trotz will loosen the reins on MdZ. But who knows, maybe a change in scenery will do him good.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Somehow I doubt that Trotz will loosen the reins on MdZ. But who knows, maybe a change in scenery will do him good.
    For his sake, I hope that's the case. I like the kid (he's only 23), but there's a reason he was known, among other things, as "del Shootswide" and "del Zaster".

I think this is a great move for the Rangers! We get that needed, right side, defensive, steady defenseman who plays a physical game. The price is right too. Yes, we lose a gifted player in Del Zotto, but as gifted as he is, he's got to work real hard on those hockey smarts. The kid is good for at least a handful of boneheaded decisions a game. Wish him the best though.

Rangers just got a little tougher to play against

They talked about that trade here in the theintermission of the Pens blowing out the Habs. The experts here saw it as a win-win situation. Del Zotto is young and has that dreaded word "potential" whereas Klein fit a need with the Rangers, who will probably look like the early winners in that deal.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

On paper, this will give us 3 solid D pairs. Klein will be 3rd pair alongside John Moore. JM has good offensive instincts and KK is stay at home so this should work well. I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    So now del Zotto has played for Torts and Trotz.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Torts and Trotz.
    Sounds like something I suffered from after eating too many burritos!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Best.Mugshot.Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    The parade is back on!
    The parade is off. What a sad display of hockey last night's Leafs game was. Someone should have told the defence they had a game to play. I hope there was some serious ass-kicking in the dressing room after the game.

Ummmm....

CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at Yankee Stadium.
    CeeLo Green, Michelle Williams, the Cast of Jersey Boys, Broadway’s Marin Mazzie, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Strawberry Fields and More to Perform at the NHL’s Upcoming New York Outdoor Games.

Ummmmmm.......o...k.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Ummmm....

CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at Yankee Stadium.
    CeeLo Green, Michelle Williams, the Cast of Jersey Boys, Broadway’s Marin Mazzie, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Strawberry Fields and More to Perform at the NHL’s Upcoming New York Outdoor Games.

Ummmmmm.......o...k.
    Interesting lineup for a hockey game, but that's still not as bad as putting Justin Beiber in front of 50,000 drunk CFL (Canadian Football League) fans for the 2012 Grey Cup Game.

On Wednesday myself and three of my sons all took off work to get out and enjoy this great city we live in and all it has to offer. First were heading into midtown to check out the the "Superbowl Blvd" Festivities on Bwy from 34 to 47st After that hopping on the D train up to the Bronx for the Ranger game at the stadium. NHL hockey being played in the Bronx who ever thought that would happen Even though its going to be cold I'm sure it won't stop us from downing a few cold ones as well

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Interesting lineup for a hockey game, but that's still not as bad as putting Justin Beiber in front of 50,000 drunk CFL (Canadian Football League) fans for the 2012 Grey Cup Game.
    Just seems odd that there will be more African Americans including CeeLo on the stage than the combined totals of all those who have both played in the NHL and attended games as fans.
    The game tonight in L.A. has KISS entertaining after the first period.

Lot's of good looking stuff on the NHL preshow for tonight's game at Dodger Stadium. You see beach volleyball being played, roller-bladers, palm trees, people wearing short sleeves and sun-glasses. The temp is 65 degrees, compared to tomorrow's NY game having a game-time start temp at 16 degrees. Right now, I am super-jealous of you Southern Californians.

Ken reporting from a snowy and bitter cold Chicago

Seems they're on before the game. (Also?)
    Funny pre-event interview-
    Announcer- "How does playing here at Dodger Stadium compare with all the other venues you've played?"
    Gene Simmons- "Uh, we played Dodger Stadium way before you were born." Had me in stitches.