Page 80 of 402 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Hordichuk vs. Doull

Pelicans - HIFK

Gonna have to check out that documentary - sounds pretty interesting. I love a good sports documentary. ESPN has done some great ones, despite the many other issues I've had with them.

And....finally....Claude Giroux scored today! YAY!!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I see this thread has finally decided to talk about REAL hockey!

Habs in a major funk. This team has been subpar since the middle of last season. At some point, Therrien is gonna start taking the heat.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Hey, it's part of the game!

Meanwhile...Rangers take 6 out of 7 and are finally above .500 Yay!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I see this thread has finally decided to talk about REAL hockey!

Habs in a major funk. This team has been subpar since ...
    they realized they still have to play the Sens 4 more times in the regular season then get whupped by them the playoffs again! LOL

Actually, the kid line looked pretty impressive against the Isles last night, but their being vertically and massively (?) challenged is still a fundamental problem. And bringing in George Parros did not magically make them a bigger, tougher team. I really don't get that line of thinking at all and believe me, the fact that Matt Kassian is taking up a spot on the Sen's roster irks me to no end.

One other anti-Habs note: I thought it was totally classless that the newly elected mayor of Montreal tweeted about giving David Desharnais a one-way ticket to Hamilton. Good luck with him, Yves! Toronto has a drunken slob and Montreal has a no-class ex-Liberal twit. And Ottawa? Well, if our mayor ever registers a pulse, we'll be on to something.

Stamkos was taken off of the ice today on a stretcher with a leg injury, according to reports. I'm sure there will be more details later today.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

O man that's a shame. He's been amazing. Looked like he may have broken his lower leg somewhere bouncing of the post. Hoping for the best.

Stamkos reportedly has a broken tibia and is out indefinitely.

Bummer.

Boy. Looking at my fantasy standings, my team sucks.

Boy. Looking at the NHL standings, my team sucks.

Damn. At least the Eastern Conference sucks, too.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Stamkos down !! And the Lightning were doing so good too. End of season. Get out the golf clubs

The Stamkos injury hurts Team Canada too. At least they have some depth at the forward positions. But not having Stamkos is a blow, nonetheless.

Hang on - cancel the parade in Ottawa next June. They were horrible last night. So bad in fact, they made the Flyers look like a playoff team! They counted 20 giveaways for the Sens vs 3 for the Flyers. That pretty well sums it up. This year's edition of the Sens is so different from last year's team, it's frightening. Three of their gems on defence have been horrible, led by Jared Cowen, with Patrick Weircioch and Eric Gryba close behind. And Joe "Uh-Oh" Corvo hasn't gotten better with age. His hockey IQ is still stupidly low.

Had my first look at the redone garden last night which unfortunately included a tough 1-0 loss from the Rangers. Anyone planning to see a game there should check out the the new Bridge level seats that are suspended across the arena. Could possibly be the best sight lines I've ever experienced for watching live hockey. And with a little patience the ones in the first row can be found for a $100 and less on stubhub a day or two before the game.

Nice!

LOL! There are a lot of Rob Ford memes floating around, but that's one of my favourites.

Any of my fellow Ranger fans see these videos? Pretty funny stuff.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/4...to-rangerstown

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/4...to-rangerstown
    That's good.

Yeah I like those commercials. The first one is cool too...

Last nights game was so damn frustrating. It may have been the best game they played all year and lost. 40+ shots on Rask and total domination. Two mistakes and that was it. DAMN! Still though, the team is looking' good...well, except for that scoring goals thing Good to see Nash back.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Those commercials are great!

I picked up tickets today for the stadium series game against the Islanders. I know there was a lot of negative feedback here when these games were announced but as a lifelong fan having a chance to attend a Rangers game at Yankee Stadium is an experience I'm really looking forward to.

As of this morning, the team that is in first place in the Eastern Conference would not have enough points to qualify for a playoff spot in the west.

Don't look now, but the Flyers are 5-0-1 in their last 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    As of this morning, the team that is in first place in the Eastern Conference would not have enough points to qualify for a playoff spot in the west.
    Maybe they should do away with divisions and conferences altogether!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Yeah, I've been noticing that trend. Some of it is a result of teams in the west beating teams in the east, but a lot of it has to do with more teams gaining points out of the ether when they tie in regulation. I like the excitement of the 4 on 4 sudden death and the shootout but I hate the way it makes for a 3 point game. Don't know the solution though.

Maybe a regulation win should be 3 points, that way it is a point you lose by going to overtime. Although that might produce even more point disparity.