Page 74 of 402 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I think the renovations to MSG are still being completed. The Rangers don't have their home opener until the end of October.
    Yep. No excuse though for giving up 15 goals in 2 games! That's the same amount of interceptions Eli Manning has thrown this year!!

It's tough being a NY sports fan so far this year.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    4 zip already???????????????????????????????????????????

edit - 5 nil 1/2way through game. At least they're consistent.
    edit2 - wow, 6 nothing end of 2. I did not know we are this bad. Gonna be a loooong season.
    One of the sports radio announcers (Boomer Esiason, a huge Rangers fan) said this morning, only half joking, that Messier will be coaching the Rangers by Thanksgiving.

Announcement is supposed to be made sometime in the next couple of weeks that Mess is taking a front office position in Edmonton.

Thoughts on this?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/fr...d-be-stronger/

I fear the same thing may be happening with the Selke Trophy, although it may be a little more to do with name recognition in that case. I just always enjoyed it when guys like Craig Ramsey and Dirk Graham got a little bit of the spotlight thrown their way when they won the Selke.

I just scored my boss's tickets for the Leafs vs. The Devils on Nov. 8th. Happy Day!

I won't even ask what that cost you because I'm too much of a gentleman.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Congrats, Esther.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I won't even ask what that cost you because I'm too much of a gentleman.
    They actually aren't too bad by Leafs standards. $150 for the pair. It's season ticket prices so there's a small discount built in. Upper deck in the end zone. Not bad seats.

Thoughts on this?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/fr...d-be-stronger/

I fear the same thing may be happening with the Selke Trophy, although it may be a little more to do with name recognition in that case. I just always enjoyed it when guys like Craig Ramsey and Dirk Graham got a little bit of the spotlight thrown their way when they won the Selke.
    I've got to agree. Being a Montreal fan, I was happy to see Subban win but in all honesty, there were better choices and YES, it should go to a guy that's a great 2-way player. A shut-down guy who also chips in in the other zone.

My thoughts are that I couldn't agree more and I've been bitching about this for a while. Nothing against Subban and Karlsson. As awesome as they are, they should not be Norris trophy winners. They are average defensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    They actually aren't too bad by Leafs standards. $150 for the pair. It's season ticket prices so there's a small discount built in. Upper deck in the end zone. Not bad seats.
    That's not the kind of "cost" I was referring to.

Devils and Buffalo are still winless. Who breaks the streak first?
    Last edited by polmico; 10-12-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    That's not the kind of "cost" I was referring to.
    Oh. Um. Well...let's just leave it at $150, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    One of the sports radio announcers (Boomer Esiason, a huge Rangers fan) said this morning, only half joking, that Messier will be coaching the Rangers by Thanksgiving.
    Well, we got Biron starting tonight. That's some sort of step. And we're dressing 7 defensemen.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Watcching my first Blues game on the free Center Ice trial on DirecTV

Up 1-0 vs the stRangers

Good stuff

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Well, we got Biron starting tonight. That's some sort of step. And we're dressing 7 defensemen.
    Lundquist back in after Biron gives up 4 through 3. Happy (?) we're only down by 1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd..
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I actually thought the Rangers played a real good 5 on 5 game tonight until the 3rd when they just ran out of gas. We lost because Biron let in two softies and Dorsett's dumb ass penalties. It will be good to get back home.

Boyle and Pyatt, for big dudes, may be the softest players I've ever seen. Not to mention pretty useless. Boyle is good on PK and face-offs so I'll give him that. Rangers could really use a rugged forward too to add some much needed toughness. I'd love to get a Chris Stewart or Chris Neil type of player. Not tough on the D side of things either. Nobody is afraid to park in front of Henrik...drives me nuts!

I was expecting Tortorella to have a fit on the bench...

BEST GOAL EVER!

I was laughing my ass off! It turned out to be the game winner, though the Habs added 2 more. I wish Montreal played more road games. It's like they try too hard at the Bell Centre and come up short. On the road, they simplify the game plan and execute it. If Price can stay at this level, we may win a few.

Oh that's lovely. Just lovely. LOL!

I bet that one left a big bruise on Luongo's ego. Ouch!

And to make matters worse - Lars Eller got credit for the goal while he was on the bench (or at least on his way to the bench).

As much as he's been killing me in the pool, I pulled into second place over the weekend, behind by a single point. Now, if only Michael del Zotto can get off the "schneid", all my players except Brian Elliot will be on the board. This is my first pool in which we have to stay under the cap. It was a very interesting exercise trying to find those underpaid gems in the rough.

(And just to show that I'm not a "hater", I have two Leafs and two Habs on my team!)

Wow. What struck me about tonight's Leafs game against Minnesota was the team work. They actually made good plays tonight. Good passing with a plan in place. It was like they were actually working together and succeeding! Different than past years when they tried to work together but it never quite came together.

To drive this message home, their fourth goal was a long empty-net shot by Mason Raymond. Kessel skated along with the puck, but didn't actually need to touch it...so he didn't. Although he could easily have gotten credit for the goal, he let Raymond have it. I'm not used to seeing this kind of play. It gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we could make the playoffs again after a full season. This is looking to be a young and strong team. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Oh, that's ugly. I hope he's okay.

So glad the Flyers fired Laviolette. That solved everything.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally