Page 59 of 403 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherWiseCDC View Post
    They're still only down 2-0. Anything can happen.
    Like going down 3-0. Great game last night.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'm hoping both Boston and Chicago can close off their series so we can move on to the next round already. Original 6 baby!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Did anyone hear that after Game 2 Tomas Vokhun tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of a bus?

It's OK...it went between his legs...
    I heard that joke about Eddie Giacomin.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Did anyone hear that after Game 2 Tomas Vokhun tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of a bus?

It's OK...it went between his legs...
    He was great yesterday but no support from offence

Today, Chicago's local media was all over Patrick Kane for his lack of production in this series. Why isn't he scoring, why doesn't he get between the dots and create some havoc, why is he coasting up and down the ice instead of going all out ? Yada yada yada, bottom line is Mr. Kane does not have the stomach for rugged playoff hockey. I hope he makes a liar out of me tonight, but the past three years of playoff runs tells me Mr Kane is going to continue to float around out there playing the perimeter. The big question is, will coach Q sit him down ? With Duncan Keith facing a one-game suspension, all hands need to be on deck.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Today, Chicago's local media was all over Patrick Kane for his lack of production in this series. Why isn't he scoring, why doesn't he get between the dots and create some havoc, why is he coasting up and down the ice instead of going all out ? Yada yada yada, bottom line is Mr. Kane does not have the stomach for rugged playoff hockey. I hope he makes a liar out of me tonight, but the past three years of playoff runs tells me Mr Kane is going to continue to float around out there playing the perimeter.
    He did, Ken
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    He did, Ken
    Yes, for one game, everything came together. No one will beat the Blackhawks if they play like they did in the third period. For those who missed it, the Kings, down 3-2, only could get 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period.

The CBC analysts showed clips from three shifts by Kane to highlight the fact that he was coming back hard to backcheck, that he was going north as opposed to east or west and that he wasn't afraid to take a hit to make a play. You're right, now if he can only continue to play with that kind of desire, he will have a lot more success.

Nice job by the Hawks of taking two on the road. The Kings are obviously missing Mike Richards. And that first goal let in by Quick was a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I heard that joke about Eddie Giacomin.
    Ok all the Tortorella jokes are deserving and very funny but don't mess with our beloved Eddie!!

Even though the Rangers are out I'm still enjoying these exciting games. Out of the remaining teams I'm rooting for the Blackhawks to win it all but I really hate to say that Boston looks unstoppable right now. They easily eliminated the Rangers and they are punishing Pittsburgh to no end. Hoping for the original six final should be a good one.

Bye, Penguins. Suck it, Cindy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Bye, Penguins. Suck it, Cindy.
    LOL!

C'mon, even the Leafs took Boston to game 7 overtime! How embarrassing this must be for the Penguins.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Pitt in 5
    Didn't see that coming.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

They didn't even score 5!

I feel so much better about my Rangers though!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    LOL!

C'mon, even the Leafs took Boston to game 7 overtime! How embarrassing this must be for the Penguins.
    It is embarrassing but its also a testament to how well the Leafs played in that series. I don't think many people expected Boston to go on and take the next 8 of 9. One goal in OT and their season was over in the first round and now their in the finals.
    Reminds me of a few years back when the Rangers and Flyers playing in the last game of the season with the winner getting the final playoff spot. It came down to a shoot out in which the Flyers prevailed and then made it all the way to the finals losing to Chicago.

Stanley Cup Final Tickets on Sale June 11
    Bruins announced today that tickets for the Stanley Cup Final will go on sale June 11 at 12:00 p.m. ET
    The dates for the Stanley Cup Final have not yet been set.
    Tickets will be available for purchase online at www.bostonbruins.com, at the TD Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets and via phone by calling Ticketmaster at 800.745.3000.
    Due to the anticipated demand and limited ticket inventory, the Boston Bruins are also offering fans an alternative opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2013 Stanley Cup Final through a Second Chance Drawing.
    Fans may register for the chance to purchase two tickets to Home Games 1, 2, or 3* of the Stanley Cup Final beginning now through Wednesday, June 12 at 9AM. Selected entrants will be notified Wednesday, June 12 between 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Tickets are subject to availability. To register, visit bostonbruins.com/playoffs.
    If a Boston Bruins playoff game at the TD Garden in a given round of the playoffs is NOT played because the round has concluded, any single game ticket sold for such game will be eligible for a refund of the face value and any service fees paid at the point of purchase. Please note that any handling charges will not be refunded. Any refunds will be issued to the same method of payment as the original purchase.
    Purchases made through Ticketmaster via internet or phone of any such ticket will be refunded within two business days of the end of the playoff round.
    Purchases at the TD Garden Box Office or Ticketmaster outlet for unplayed games must be returned in person at the point of purchase for a refund, which will be given via the same method of payment.
    Tickets purchased for a given round of the playoffs are not usable for subsequent rounds or any other game, and do not guarantee access to tickets for subsequent rounds or any other game.
    The 2013 Boston Bruins playoffs are presented by Hallmark Health System.

Prices range from $275 - 961 per seat (fees included)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    The CBC analysts showed clips from three shifts by Kane to highlight the fact that he was coming back hard to backcheck, that he was going north as opposed to east or west and that he wasn't afraid to take a hit to make a play. You're right, now if he can only continue to play with that kind of desire, he will have a lot more success.
    Oh yeah, Kaner gets the hat trick!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

WeatherWiseCDC
    I think the Finals will be very entertaining to watch. The Canucks' two greatest rivals will be facing one another, and one will win their second Stanley Cup in four years. That said, I'll be supporting Chicago.

I'm not partial to either team, but I do think that we're in for some entertaining hockey.

...and then the countdown will begin to October. I'm not a fan of summer sports. I'll watch the occasional baseball game, but I don't really follow it anymore.

-
    Cheering for Bruins.Bandwagoner,sure.Some glorious moments from '70's Stan Jonathan - Boston Bruins.

Great game 5 in the Hawks-Kings series.

Looking forward to the finals. I think we have about the best matchup that we could get.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin