Page 46 of 403 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Tonight is make or break for the Leafs. I totally gave up on them after 20 years about four years ago. I'm back on the bandwagon but a wise one who understands they could easily collapse tonight. Still, I'm hoping for the best, if they play like game 2 then everything will be okay.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

My user name shows my allegiance in an obvious way, but I have to admit, I am probably the only Ranger Fan that enjoys watching the explosive Islanders (Ice Landers - thanks Steve Sommers) except of course their games against the Rangers.

Is anyone outside of the Pittsburgh Metro Area at all surprised by the complete lack of class at the end of last night's game? The only surprise was that some of it was provided by Morrow and Iginla, who I always considered classy players. Malkin's facewash, completely expected. Crosby's tackle "From Behind No Less" of one of the Islanders, seen it before. Kuniz's 3rd man in, thought it was Cook for a second (suddenly thought of Savard - Karlson), yeah, no surprise.

Torts is right. They are an unbelievably arrogant team. They cry if Malkin, Crosby, et al are even touched, but then they do this "crap".

With 2 minutes left, I turned to my wife and said "watch, the Penguins are going to goon it up at the end". Shortly after, Morrow pounded an Islanders head into the ice repeatedly (right in front of a ref no less). Then the ruckus at the end.

I am now rooting for the Islanders almost as much as my Rangers. To any Islander fans who belong, thank you for a wonderful night last night, I loved it. Take the next two and finish it.

Years and years ago, I played on a tourney team with Jack Cappuano's older brother Dave, so I really don't have much guilt about rooting for the Islanders.

Oh man! What a game! Leafs are up 2-0 at the end of the 1st. Then they give up 3 in the 2nd. Down 2-3. Hubby says, "It's over. They're done". Then less than a minute later, the Leafs score and TIE IT UP!. 3-3 at the 2nd intermission. What a roller coaster! I can't wait to see what happens in the third period!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Checking in...
    Was at Isles-Pens game 3. Fantastic atmosphere, classic Cindy uncalled embellishment in OT, ends with shitty result

Game 4: Another top flight game though its obvious that Bettman has taken a page from his mentor David Stern and ordered the refs to assist the Pens anyway they can. Thankfully Fleury has been worse than Nabokov so the NHL's game rigging attempts are failing.
    One of the reasons why I can't watch the playoffs when my team isn't in it.

I can't describe how much I despise Crosby and the coddling he gets from the league and the media that covers it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Rangers were up 2-0 but Caps have tied it just before the end of the second period.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Oh man. Fraser just got hit in the face with a slap shot. Blood on the ice and straight to the dressing room. That's gonna leave a mark!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    That story is big news here. The principal and the teachers should be disciplined IMO. It's their responsibility to teach acceptance and keep the other kids from bullying this girl. Not bully her themselves.

Here's another not-so-nice story. I heard a radio interview with him this morning. The Leafs organization reached out to him and gave him tickets to tonight's game.

And the media wants you to think this only happens in Philly.

Caps just let in two goals. Talk about shitting up a game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Caps just let in two goals. Talk about shitting up a game.
    Yeah, well the Leafs just lost in OT. Damn.

I guess the good news is that if they lose on Friday I won't have a Survivor Finale/Hockey conflict on Sunday.

Red Wings-Ducks about to start ot. Cool.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

That was over fast.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Ducks / Redwings in another dogfight. Back to the Joe on Friday. I still think the Wings have a shot. They are playing well. Three shots hitting the post did not help tonight.

Steve Sly

"My user name shows my allegiance in an obvious way, but I have to admit, I am probably the only Ranger Fan that enjoys watching the explosive Islanders (Ice Landers - thanks Steve Sommers) except of course their games against the Rangers.'

You're definitely not the only one. I've enjoyed watching the Fish Sticks all season long. In fact, very often I find myself watching them and saying, "Fuck me, I wish the Rangers would play like that with the puck" (defensively, ill stick with Rangers ) That series is incredibly entertaining.

Rangers looked seriously good last night even with the heart attack-inducing last 5 minutes. Of all the 4 games this one was easily their most dominant. Holtby kept them in it in the first 2 periods. <knocks wood> the boys really seem to be firing on all cylinders now and hope to keep it going in Wash.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I posted that not for the sweet goal, but for the absolutely pathetic backchecking job by Ovechkin

Well if my husband didn't hate Phaneuf before last night (which he did), that turnover would have been the nail in the coffin.

And if you watch the second video closely, Cuthbert rolls her eyes first and Mrs. Reimer responds. I don't think it's what the media is trying to make it out to be. Although, even I have to admit, it would be a great cat-fight!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Although, even I have to admit, it would be a great cat-fight!
    I'd watch it.

One of the reasons why I can't watch the playoffs when my team isn't in it.
    I get that same feeling but just like with football along with my love for the sport and the excitement and entertainment it provides draws me back.

And the media wants you to think this only happens in Philly.
    Come on Scott there's been plenty of documented instances with Philly fans and not just in hockey... one that comes to mind is last years winter classic! You can make the argument that hanging around in Philly bars hours after the game with a Ranger jersey on is asking for trouble but my son was at that game and as soon as the Flyers were losing they started getting pelted with objects from behind and being antagonized while in their seats. And they weren't in the nosebleed section either these were field level seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    "My user name shows my allegiance in an obvious way, but I have to admit, I am probably the only Ranger Fan that enjoys watching the explosive Islanders (Ice Landers - thanks Steve Sommers) except of course their games against the Rangers.'

You're definitely not the only one. I've enjoyed watching the Fish Sticks all season long. In fact, very often I find myself watching them and saying, "Fuck me, I wish the Rangers would play like that with the puck" (defensively, ill stick with Rangers ) That series is incredibly entertaining.

Rangers looked seriously good last night even with the heart attack-inducing last 5 minutes. Of all the 4 games this one was easily their most dominant. Holtby kept them in it in the first 2 periods. <knocks wood> the boys really seem to be firing on all cylinders now and hope to keep it going in Wash.
    I'll third that with watching the Islanders very exciting games coupled with the fact that I love to see Sid and Pens go out in the first round.

No doubt Ranger's intensity has picked up especially with the offense with the exception of Nash who is seriously struggling.

The eons are closing
    NY hockey is just better when the Isles and Rangers are both doing well. Who cares about the Devils anyway? ;-)

Go Islanders! Bring down Bettman's evil scheme!!

I think Butch Goring just had an aneurism with that lame ass interference penalty call on Streit.

The officiating all around has been dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Come on Scott there's been plenty of documented instances with Philly fans and not just in hockey... one that comes to mind is last years winter classic! You can make the argument that hanging around in Philly bars hours after the game with a Ranger jersey on is asking for trouble but my son was at that game and as soon as the Flyers were losing they started getting pelted with objects from behind and being antagonized while in their seats. And they weren't in the nosebleed section either these were field level seats.
    Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

I've been to Rangers games at the Garden and have received the same treatment. Philly gets a bad rap - this shit happens everywhere.

Holy crap! I just got home from grocery shopping and turned on the Sens/Habs game. 6-1 Sens with about 3 minutes left. Not looking good for Montreal.