Page 28 of 403 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I'm curious. What did those seats cost in Phoenix? 8th row centre ice would run you about $400 a seat in Toronto.

The eons are closing
    Bring it Yves!!! The Habs' dull play is no match for the Isles maddening inconsistency!!
    Guaranteed the Isles will let in a goal within the first minute of one period tonight.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Went to the Isles game and they beat the Canadiens! Wasn't expecting that!!

The Isles have a very frustrating style of play that the Habs can't figure out. They look lethargic in the first, thus lulling the Habs into a false sense that it will be an easy 2 points, then they turn it on in bursts in the final 2 periods and squeak one out.

Price looked weak last night, like he did against Pittsburgh on Saturday...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    This is all one needs to know about the 2013 Isles:

<through last night>
    2012-13 OVERALL NHL RANKINGS
    GOALS PER GAME:3.0 (7th Overall)
    GOALS AGAINST: 3.4 (29th Overall)
    POWER PLAY PCT: 23.1 (5th Overall)
    PENALTY KILL PCT: 82.7 (13th overall)

Magog
    Going to the Blackhawks game tonight, 17 rows off the ice! I also went on Feb.19, 2013 in a client's skybox! What a great time. Let the streak continue!

Matt

That streak will ultimately be their demise. I think they should throw a game just to get that shit out of the way. Why do you think the Habs threw the game last night for?

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Why do you think the Habs threw the game last night for?

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Worst game of the year last night for the Blues from a team standpoint. They got up 4-1 against the Kings and then proceed to give up 4 goals in 13 minutes. Final score 6-4 Kings. Hopefully bringing Jake Allen back will make a difference. Elliott is awful this year - Halak started well last night but has also been inconsistent. Hoping the team is not tuning out Hitchcock and they have the fortitude to get their act together.

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    In other news - the latest on Chris Pronger. It was good to see him the other night on the ice for a pre-game ceremony for Blues defenseman Barret Jackman, who just became the top defenseman in games played for the team. Pronger was quoted as saying "he's almost certainly not coming back to hockey" and "his injury was and still is very, very scary."

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...terview-flyers

Just found another interview:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7443--nhl.html

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm curious. What did those seats cost in Phoenix? 8th row centre ice would run you about $400 a seat in Toronto.
    Face value was $115 and we paid around $90. The discount was because my sister and brother-in-law bought tickets to some other games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Face value was $115 and we paid around $90. The discount was because my sister and brother-in-law bought tickets to some other games as well.
    It's such a different experience seeing a game with those kind of seats. I've been to Ranger games in Florida to see them play the Panthers and Lightning and in both cases had seats within the first ten rows between the blue lines in the $100 range purchasing from their season ticket holders website.

I don't ever foresee the day I will have seats like that at MSG they are way out of my price range pretty much like Toronto. I had seats for last Sundays game against the Sabres which were center ice but way up top. We got them on stubhub for $75 a piece including all fees which isn't to bad for NY.

I once had third row right behind the Leafs bench. I was almost close enough to reach out and touch my boyfriend, Sundin. They were corporate seats given to me as a thank you for assisting with company's United Way campaign. They were freakin' AWESOME seats. I don't work there anymore so I'll never see those seats again. The face value on the ticket was $425. That was about 12 years ago.

Our lacrosse season tickets are Row 13, centre ice (well, centre field actually). They are $50 a seat. They would be over $200 a seat for a Leafs game. Crazy.

When I started going to Sens games in Kanata (SBP) with my wife and we would sit in the 300s. A few years ago, I decided to splurge on 100 level tickets. We were 2 rows up, beside the penalty box. My wife loved being down at ice level, even though our sight lines were slightly distorted by the plexiglass of the penalty box. Since then, it's been 100s or not at all! BTW, 100s in Ottawa go for around $150 - $200 and a little higher for Leafs and Canadiens games. Playoff games are more and increase the deeper you go.

From the Senators' web site:

"For the 2012-13 season, the Ottawa Senators will adjust single-game ticket prices in real-time, based on ticket availability and various factors such as opposing team, rivalries, day of the week and supply and demand. This gives fans a broader range of pricing options to choose from as seen below."

A few examples (best - worst):
    Boston - $160 - $16
    Winnipeg - $196 - $26
    Tampa - $200 - $26
    New Jersey - $140 - $16
    Leafs - $265 - $56

Just out of curiosity I checked the Rangers Ticketmaster website for the next home game this Friday against Ottawa. The first 5 Price levels which start at a whopping $1283 a ticket with all fees included are sold out. At price level 6 you have availability for 100 level center ice 17 rows up $408.
    On the fans website you can get those same 100 level from 15 rows and up anywhere from $275 to $350 a ticket. If you go down to the 5,6 or 7 rows those prices increase to $500 plus.
    I personally prefer to be at least 9 or 10 rows up to be above the glass but seriously how many average fans can afford those prices?

We have about 10 Ranger fans going to tonight's game on Long Island against the Islanders in which we are sitting center ice in the mid 300's for $75. I checked there ticket prices taking into consideration that there is a bigger than normal demand for tickets for this game.
    On Ticketmaster right now you could get 3 rows behind the visitors bench for $195. On the fans website their going for around $150 not to bad but the Islanders situation is a little precarius.
    For the most part this is the way it is with most New York sports teams. Knick games are even more ridiculous. You have a much better chance at getting those awesome seats at reasonable prices at selective away games then you do here.

Psyched for tonight's game always a crazy atmosphere in the arena when these two meet plus there both on win streaks so hoping for a good game. On the downside we will being missing Mark Staal who took a puck to the eye against the Flyers. Early reports thankfully are no serious long term effects but he may not be back for awhile.

The Blue Jays adjust ticket prices based on the team they are playing, but I don't think that the Leafs are doing that yet. Of course, they sell out every game regardless of the opponent so they don't really need to.

The Blue Jays adjust ticket prices based on the team they are playing, but I don't think that the Leafs are doing that yet. Of course, they sell out every game regardless of the opponent so they don't really need to.
    AFAIK the only teams doing that in the NY area are the Mets and Yankees. When the Yankees play the Mets or Redsox they consider those Premium games and jack up the prices knowing there going to be a sell out.

I hate when teams adjust ticket prices based on their opponents.

It's like admitting that their own fans aren't coming to see them, but their opponents.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    AFAIK the only teams doing that in the NY area are the Mets and Yankees. When the Yankees play the Mets or Redsox they consider those Premium games and jack up the prices knowing there going to be a sell out.
    It's Yankees and Red Sox that are the premium games for Jays tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I hate when teams adjust ticket prices based on their opponents.

It's like admitting that their own fans aren't coming to see them, but their opponents.
    Unfortunately, there is some truth to that. I would rather go see a Jays/Yankee game, than a Jays/Angels game.

I need help understanding something. Why is Carolina ranked third in the conference when Boston, Toronto, and Ottawa all have more points? http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...d=nav-stn-conf
    Is this just an error or slow update?

The eons are closing
    Carolina leads their sorry ass division; so they get one of the top 3 seeds

Which is why you want to finish 6th in your conference....

Ticket prices are insane and why I don't bother with games anymore. Nothing like hockey on a big screen in surround with buds anyway

I'm glad Mark Staal will be ok after taking a puck to the eye. That was scary-ass shit! He is one lucky fella to escape without any orbital breaks let alone almost losing an eye. Whew! The dude has been playing his best hockey since pre-concussion. Hope he can get back soon. But now we have Roman fuckin Hamerlik so no worries :cry

I'm lookin' for Michael Haley to crack some skulls tonight...Fishsticks beware! Yeah I'm in one of those moods...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    But now we have Roman fuckin Hamerlik so no worries :cry

I'm lookin' for Michael Haley to crack some skulls tonight...Fishsticks beware! Yeah I'm in one of those moods...
    With The Likker on patrol for you; I anticipate an easy night for the Isles!
    With the Phlyers losing to the Pens tonight (premonition ) and the Isles winning.... 8th seed finally!

Boy my life is sad!