Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

  1. #7126
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    391
    So this is fun! The Leafs had a public practice yesterday morning on the rink in front of Toronto City Hall. But to get to the practice, they all loaded up on the subway...in full uniform!

    https://www.bardown.com/the-leafs-to..._nsOEbe26WUcf8

  2. #7127
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I used to go to matinée games at Nassau with my son, always awesome. Have fun!
    I would also go with my kids. They should have more.

  3. #7128
    facetious maximus Yves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'll be at the theatre tomorrow night, so we won't see the game either. We're seeing The Last Ship, starring Sting. Should be interesting.

    TMB's prices have gotten a little too steep for me. We used to go see them for $30, this tour Toronto tickets are $90! Enjoy!
    This will be my 15th and final time seeing them. Saw them many times when they only played the Montreal Spectrum and people from all over came here for the show. Met a few PEers that way. Those were the best shows.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

    -Cozy 3:16-

  4. #7129
    facetious maximus Yves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    So this is fun! The Leafs had a public practice yesterday morning on the rink in front of Toronto City Hall. But to get to the practice, they all loaded up on the subway...in full uniform!

    https://www.bardown.com/the-leafs-to..._nsOEbe26WUcf8
    That's great!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

    -Cozy 3:16-

  5. #7130
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    This will be my 15th and final time seeing them. Saw them many times when they only played the Montreal Spectrum and people from all over came here for the show. Met a few PEers that way. Those were the best shows.
    They're still playing the same little venue here that we saw them in 15 years ago. They've just tripled the prices. Hey, if they can command that price good for them...but I'm out.

  6. #7131
    Eight O/T games last night.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  7. #7132
    Did anyone in this thread ever play at a high level? As in beyond midget?

  8. #7133
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,902
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    They're still playing the same little venue here that we saw them in 15 years ago. They've just tripled the prices. Hey, if they can command that price good for them...but I'm out.
    I just saw the recent tour in Gatineau, Quebec. Tickets were less than $100 for the pair. Excellent show!

  9. #7134
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Did anyone in this thread ever play at a high level? As in beyond midget?
    I only just played for fun when ponds froze. There was no team in my school until long after I graduated and rinks aren't easily accessible. As a result I did play in a roller hockey league for a number of years. Not the same thing, but competetive as hell and a ton of fun!

    Rangers drifting. Playing hard as hell, but still a ways away. Wondering what moves may be made. Hayes? Zucc?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  10. #7135
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Everywhere with helicopter
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I only just played for fun when ponds froze. There was no team in my school until long after I graduated and rinks aren't easily accessible. As a result I did play in a roller hockey league for a number of years. Not the same thing, but competetive as hell and a ton of fun!

    Rangers drifting. Playing hard as hell, but still a ways away. Wondering what moves may be made. Hayes? Zucc?
    I think both are gonzo, which I hate, but it's fun to watch some of the young guys. It's been a long time since NYR had a core of young talented players and hopefully this year's draft will only improve the roster. On a related note, I enjoyed the 25th anniversary celebration of the 94 Championship team on Friday night. Some of those video clips, especially "Matteau, Matteau" can still raise the goosebumps. Graves, Leetch, Richter, Messier, what a lineup.
    No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. - Kurt Vonnegut

  11. #7136
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I think both are gonzo, which I hate, but it's fun to watch some of the young guys. It's been a long time since NYR had a core of young talented players and hopefully this year's draft will only improve the roster. On a related note, I enjoyed the 25th anniversary celebration of the 94 Championship team on Friday night. Some of those video clips, especially "Matteau, Matteau" can still raise the goosebumps. Graves, Leetch, Richter, Messier, what a lineup.
    Yeah...nice memories there with that ceremony. MSG always does a great job with things like that. Nice tribute to Karpotsev, flying in his wife and daughter and it was super classy to have the empty mic during the anthem in honor of John Amirante.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  12. #7137
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Does anybody know where or when I can see Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story? I think it was released in Canada. I'd really like to watch this. Also if anyone hasn't seen Ice Guardians do yourself a favor and check it out. Fighting fan or not, it's a great watch and you really appreciate these guys and what they do.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  13. #7138
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Does anybody know where or when I can see Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story? I think it was released in Canada. I'd really like to watch this. Also if anyone hasn't seen Ice Guardians do yourself a favor and check it out. Fighting fan or not, it's a great watch and you really appreciate these guys and what they do.
    I would be interested in seeing that too. I used to have a "Give Blood Fight Probie" T-shirt back in the day when he played for the Red Wings.

  14. #7139
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Does anybody know where or when I can see Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story? I think it was released in Canada. I'd really like to watch this. Also if anyone hasn't seen Ice Guardians do yourself a favor and check it out. Fighting fan or not, it's a great watch and you really appreciate these guys and what they do.
    It's availabe in Canada on Super Channel on demand. I don't subscribe to Super Channel though. You might want to try the On Demand features of your cable provider.

    Ice Guardians is on Netflix. I've added it to my list. Thanks for the rec.

  15. #7140
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Does anybody know where or when I can see Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story? I think it was released in Canada. I'd really like to watch this. Also if anyone hasn't seen Ice Guardians do yourself a favor and check it out. Fighting fan or not, it's a great watch and you really appreciate these guys and what they do.

    I found this post on reddit that includes a couple of pirate links if you do that sort of thing.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...probert_story/

  16. #7141
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I would be interested in seeing that too. I used to have a "Give Blood Fight Probie" T-shirt back in the day when he played for the Red Wings.
    nice. The Bruise Bothers along with Kocur...that was a deadly combo back in the day!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  17. #7142
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I found this post on reddit that includes a couple of pirate links if you do that sort of thing.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...probert_story/
    Thanks!! I'll check my On Demand, but if not there I'll just wait until it pops up on Prime or Netflix. Not into the pirate thing.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  18. #7143
    Member oilersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    224
    Along with the Probert film, this is the other hockey doc that I really want to see...

    https://makingcoco.com/

  19. #7144
    The eons are closing
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    577
    Useless Islander stat (...Klonker with sarcasm in 3..2...1)

    Have 34 wins so far this season:
    17 wins at home
    17 wins on road

    17 wins for R. Lehner in net;
    17 wins for T. Greiss

    Back to your regularly scheduled coffee break
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

  20. #7145
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Useless Islander stat (...Klonker with sarcasm in 3..2...1)

    Have 34 wins so far this season:
    17 wins at home
    17 wins on road

    17 wins for R. Lehner in net;
    17 wins for T. Greiss

    Back to your regularly scheduled coffee break
    Who_gives_a_shit.jpg
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  21. #7146
    facetious maximus Yves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    In the same train of thought, they showed a stat for Numerologists yesterday. They were comparing Subban and Weber. Subban wears #76 and is +6 for the season. Weber wears #6 and is +76 in his career. Cue the meme, Scott!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

    -Cozy 3:16-

  22. #7147
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,015
    I'm watching the Sabres-Rangers game, and they showed my favorite player from when I was a kid, Gil Perreault, who was in the stands watching the game. What a shock. I know we're all getting older, but no way I know who that is unless the announcer tells us.

  23. #7148
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    In the same train of thought, they showed a stat for Numerologists yesterday. They were comparing Subban and Weber. Subban wears #76 and is +6 for the season. Weber wears #6 and is +76 in his career. Cue the meme, Scott!
    no you're post is safe because it isn't Islander related. But...


    hqdefault.jpg
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  24. #7149
    Member Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm watching the Sabres-Rangers game, and they showed my favorite player from when I was a kid, Gil Perreault, who was in the stands watching the game. What a shock. I know we're all getting older, but no way I know who that is unless the announcer tells us.
    More importantly it was a solid Ranger win!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  25. #7150
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    More importantly it was a solid Ranger win!
    The Sabs looked terrible. Every time they put themselves in position to get off a good scoring chance, the would-be shooter crapped himself and either didn't get off a clean shot, or fumbled it away altogether. The goaltending was nothing to write home about either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •