Page 27 of 402 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    And now we're seeing comparisons of the Flyers record of 35 consecutive games without a loss. Since the Blackhawks won their final 6 last year, they are up to 25 unbeaten.
    Except it's not an unbeaten streak, it's a "points streak". Chicago has lost three games this year, one fewer than Boston and Anaheim.

Apparently the Flyer's unbeaten streak is the longest in all professional sports?
    Not sure. The LA Lakers set the NBA record winning 33 in a row way back in 1971-72, which I would consider more impressive than the Flyers 25 wins and 10 ties in a league with no overtime. No clue about the baseball record.

Habs trade Cole for Ryder. It surprised a little at first but I see it as a move against next year's cap. Cole would have made 4.5 mil while Ryder will be a UFA. Habs also get a 3rd rounder out of it and are hoping they added some offensive firepower for this season.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    The LA Lakers set the NBA record winning 33 in a row way back in 1971-72, which I would consider more impressive than the Flyers 25 wins and 10 ties in a league with no overtime. No clue about the baseball record.
    I completely agree.

But then I hated the way they did ties back then.

Not really fond of how they handle it now, either, but it's an improvement.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Alright Yves, it's your turn tonight my fellow countryman. I hope your mother has a big smile on her face tonight!.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    No clue about the baseball record.
    New York Giants (26 wins in a row in 1916).

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Alright Yves, it's your turn tonight my fellow countryman. I hope your mother has a big smile on her face tonight!.
    uhh... I don't think she does... but I do !

The first 2 periods were looking a lot like the Ottawa game, but finally the offense broke through. Leafs are big and can certainly play physical, but they couldn't skate with the Habs and looked totally disorganized in their own end. Scrivens kept it as close as he could...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    uhh... I don't think she does... but I do !

The first 2 periods were looking a lot like the Ottawa game, but finally the offense broke through. Leafs are big and can certainly play physical, but they couldn't skate with the Habs and looked totally disorganized in their own end. Scrivens kept it as close as he could...
    It was a disappointing game (for me, not so much for you ). Scrivens has been doing a great job! I don't know why people keep saying that the Leafs need a Goalie. I think that Reimer proved his worth last season, and Scrivens has been doing a pretty good job proving himself so far. I think we've got two strong, young goalies that are only going to get better with time.

He was weak on the 4th goal, but couldn't do much on those deflections...

What's the deal with Phaneuf? He's big and strong and loves to run over smaller players, but when someone a little bigger invites him to dance, he doesn't drop the gloves. I'm really not a fan of his style of playing.

My husband hates Phaneuf! He thinks that he's a big lug who can't score and doesn't deserve to wear the C. I'm kind of indifferent towards him, don't love or hate him. But I'm still mourning Sundin so my opinion is skewed and shouldn't count.

What a difference for the Rangers with Nash back in the lineup....Wow what a performance!

Excited for Sundays game against the Sabres just picked up 2 center ice tickets

Well Phaneuf scores the winning goal in OT tonight. I guess he's not a TOTAL loser.

That's all that I saw of the game though. We were at a lacrosse game tonight. (we lost )

Devils have lost two in a row to the Jets and haven't looked good doing it.

If this keeps up, given Lamoreillo's quick trigger finger, DeBoer might be out of a job.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Deboer's been great in NJ. It's going to take a lot more than a little losing streak before Lou cans him. Let's not forget Brodeur has been out the last few games and won't be back until next week some time.

What a difference for the Rangers with Nash back in the lineup....Wow what a performance!

Excited for Sundays game against the Sabres just picked up 2 center ice tickets
    Nice on the tickets! I miss going to the games. I'll have to work on that.

As far as Nash being back...you aint shittin' he makes a difference! The guy is a game changer and takes all the focus creating more opportunities for the 2nd and 3rd lines. And speaking of difference making, it was HUGE to get back DZ and MacD. I've also been very happy with Pyatt. He's great along the boards.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

Nice on the tickets! I miss going to the games. I'll have to work on that.

As far as Nash being back...you aint shittin' he makes a difference! The guy is a game changer and takes all the focus creating more opportunities for the 2nd and 3rd lines. And speaking of difference making, it was HUGE to get back DZ and MacD. I've also been very happy with Pyatt. He's great along the boards.
    Its only my first of the season my son's are always going. Also strongly considering going to the Islander game next Thursday at the coliseum. They can't win at home so it should be a very enjoyable game to attend

It's great having all the guys back and Pyatt's ice presence is improving with each game sort of filling the void left by the absence of Prust. Plus he can score too.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Deboer's been great in NJ. It's going to take a lot more than a little losing streak before Lou cans him. Let's not forget Brodeur has been out the last few games and won't be back until next week some time.

Devils have won 2 in their last 8. Brodeur's been out for the past two. Devils suck right now. Greene was hot, Clarkson was hot and Henrique was hot. All have fallen off the face of the planet. Bad news for the Devils. They're PK looked great last night--for offense. Something has to change or somebody has to pick it up. Rumor is that Greene is trade bait.

Edit: But, yeah, Deboer has been great. Devils have fired a coach for less, though.

Time to get serious.

Over/under: When will the 'Hawks lose?

They're down a goal two minutes in against Columbus? Is tonight the night?
    Last edited by polmico; 03-01-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Sometimes brain make grammar sentence hard. Hulk smash.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Time to get serious.

Over/under: When will the 'Hawks lose?

They're done a goal two minutes in against Columbus? Is tonight the night?
    Checking out tonight's game to see what these hawks are all about. I have a feeling tonight there going down. Teams have to be extra pumped to pull out out a win against them.

or...maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    or...maybe not!
    Thats why I'm not big on betting i wouldn't do very well. They not letting up they had plenty of chances to win it in regulation more or less ot

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Checking out tonight's game to see what these hawks are all about. I have a feeling tonight there going down. Teams have to be extra pumped to pull out out a win against them.
    FYI, if any talking head or writer mentions highlight-reel Patrick Kane as the reason this Blackhawks team is playing the way it is, that person has no clue what this team is about. The MVP on this team is center Jonathan Toews. He is the heart and soul of this team, and he deserves any and all accolades, both for being a team leader as well as a complete player. Patrick Kane is wicked with the stick, a generous passer, but he is defensively-challenged, and in any game where the Blackhawks are protecting a one-goal lead, you thankfully do not see Kane on the ice in the closing minute, it's always Toews and Hossa.

Geeez... The Lightning barely lost to Boston. (I'm trying to be positive about their playing. If it wasn't for Stamkos.... )

The intensity level is starting to rise as we get close to the halfway point of the season. Habs-Bruins had the feel of a playoff game, as did Hawks-Wings!

Ducks/Coyotes tonight - centre ice seats 8 row up - woo hoo!

How's this for weirdness - this is Game 2 of three consecutive games between them.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Ducks/Coyotes tonight - centre ice seats 8 row up - woo hoo!

How's this for weirdness - this is Game 2 of three consecutive games between them.
    Fantastic seats! Have fun!

The seats were great. The game was exciting if not all that well played. It went to 5 rounds in the shoot out with the home team coming out on top. There were only 11,000 in attendance, so it was pretty quiet, but on the plus side, getting out of the parking lot was a breeze (especially compared to the horror show in Ottawa after every game).

Next on my sched is Ottawa/NYR towards the end of the month.

Ryan Getzlaf is a very under-rated player. We don't get to see too much of him on the east coast, but this guy has all the tools. There was one play on the power play where he had dropped back to cover for the defenseman who had gone deep into the zone. The puck turned over, he got back to defend and he went down and blocked the shot. Very impressive.

Another guy who doesn't get much notice is goalie Mike Smith of the Coyotes. He's a pretty big dude who moves well and has a very quick glove.