Page 262 of 402 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...and the rumors on Rick Nash are heavy on him going to Nashville. Rick (Nashville) Nash.

Meanwhile...every NYR fan is tapping their toes impatiently waiting for any news before deadline...
    As an Isles fan who has been though it a lot, I think the Rangers are heading for a fire sale this year. Not that it pains me too much

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    As an Isles fan who has been though it a lot, I think the Rangers are heading for a fire sale this year. Not that it pains me too much
    I understand. We are definitely in a mini rebuild stage. Holden was just traded (woohoo!!) and Nash, McD and Grabner (Booooo! Love this guy as you Isles fans remember) are most likely being moved any time. Or so the rumors say. Who knows though, but this season is probably a goner.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I was a junior in high school when Guy Lafleur came out of retirement and signed a contract with the Rangers! that was '88
    Ouch!

I understand. We are definitely in a mini rebuild stage. Holden was just traded (woohoo!!) and Nash, McD and Grabner (Booooo! Love this guy as you Isles fans remember) are most likely being moved any time. Or so the rumors say. Who knows though, but this season is probably a goner.
    Really ticked when the Isles gave up on Grabner. Do you think the Rangers would try to move the King? I thought they might a couple of years ago when they had Cam Talbot. Instead they got rid of Cam. The Isles are in a tough spot. If they dump, Tavares leaves. If they don't, Tavares might still leave. Either way, the Isles are too weak on D to make a splash in the playoffs if they even happen to make it.

Really ticked when the Isles gave up on Grabner. Do you think the Rangers would try to move the King? I thought they might a couple of years ago when they had Cam Talbot. Instead they got rid of Cam. The Isles are in a tough spot. If they dump, Tavares leaves. If they don't, Tavares might still leave. Either way, the Isles are too weak on D to make a splash in the playoffs if they even happen to make it.
    I'm pretty sure Henrik is untouchable. He's getting up there but is still an elite goalie and can single-handedly win games despite the sieve that is our D.

Tight race in the East...who the hell knows who's gonna get that last spot

I think Pacioretty will be available for the right price... Too bad because if he had the burden of the "C" removed from him, he'd be a lot more productive.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Commentary around Toronto sports talk radio yesterday centered around why The Isles and Tavares not reached a deal yet. It seems to be convincing some that it's a done deal...Tavares is gone. I'm not quite there yet...we thought the same thing about Stamkos. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I think Pacioretty will be available for the right price... Too bad because if he had the burden of the "C" removed from him, he'd be a lot more productive.
    This is the same with Ryan McD...that 'C' can really weigh some players down.

Grabner to the Devils. Nash sits. Would imagine he will be gone soon too.

Grabner to the Devils. Nash sits. Would imagine he will be gone soon too.
    Hate losing Grabs and seeing him in a Devil Jersey makes me hurl Nash and McD will most likely be gone by monday. AND just hopping on the crazy rumor machine, Henrik has sat the last couple games. I CANNOT see this happening, but ya never know! Regardless...Rangers should be having a busy weekend.

I was at the game last night and man was it painful Two more games left on my plan...<slaps forehead>

The Brassard trade was one of the bigger ones that was supposed to happen. Other dominoes should now start to fall...

I was at the CTC today to see the last game EK maybe plays in a Sens uniform. What a sad, pathetic organization this has become. Trading Brassard for a 19 year old Swedish goalie and what will likely be the 30'th or 31'st pick overall this June is a dismal return for a guy who played phenomenally during the playoffs, produced on a horrible team this year, was a home-town hero and never, never gave the Sens cause to unload him. I guess this means that Hoffman is staying (thank goodness), but the rest of this year will be a complete waste of time. BTW, the 5-3 score today flattered the Sens because they were dreadful from the crease, out.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Commentary around Toronto sports talk radio yesterday centered around why The Isles and Tavares not reached a deal yet. It seems to be convincing some that it's a done deal...Tavares is gone. I'm not quite there yet...we thought the same thing about Stamkos. lol
    Isles signed Bailey for 6 years. A lot of years for someone already in the NHL for 10 years. Especially he was nothing special before being put in Tavares line.

Getting nervous, don’t want to see JT go, and definitely don’t want to get nothing for him in free agency.

...and off Rick Nash goes to Boston. I must say I'm real pleased with the return! Ryan Spooner, Matt Belesky and Ryan Lindgren. Plus a 1st and 3rd. Ranger now have 9 picks in the 1st 3 rounds...finally!

...and off Rick Nash goes to Boston. I must say I'm real pleased with the return! Ryan Spooner, Matt Belesky and Ryan Lindgren. Plus a 1st and 3rd. Ranger now have 9 picks in the 1st 3 rounds...finally!
    Does seem like quite a bit to give up for Nash. This kind of has "go for it" written all over it for the B's. Not sure their talent level is quit there yet. We'll see.

Don't mind seeing Spooner go, or Belesky. Don't like that we're paying 50% of Belesky's deal for the rest of this season. Lindgren is a question mark. The B's have such a glut of young talent right now, though, they can afford to "waste" a few. They weren't going to sign Spooner, and to me Belesky isn't that great. So for the Rangers, it comes down to Lindgren and the picks in my mind, but it's pretty clear they made out well in the deal.

For the B's, if they really get deep, then it will have been worth it because the downside risk to their future is small.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Does seem like quite a bit to give up for Nash. This kind of has "go for it" written all over it for the B's. Not sure their talent level is quit there yet. We'll see.

Don't mind seeing Spooner go, or Belesky. Don't like that we're paying 50% of Belesky's deal for the rest of this season. Lindgren is a question mark. The B's have such a glut of young talent right now, though, they can afford to "waste" a few. They weren't going to sign Spooner, and to me Belesky isn't that great. So for the Rangers, it comes down to Lindgren and the picks in my mind, but it's pretty clear they made out well in the deal.

For the B's, if they really get deep, then it will have been worth it because the downside risk to their future is small.

Bill
    Selfishly I really wanted DeBrusk. Nash is still a real, real good player man. Great both ways and always works hard. The problem here is we have no super talents and he became our 'superstar' and was the focus of every teams D. On a team like yours where there's good offensive players, he'll be a great fit in my opinion. He's a class act too.

Selfishly I really wanted DeBrusk. Nash is still a real, real good player man. Great both ways and always works hard. The problem here is we have no super talents and he became our 'superstar' and was the focus of every teams D. On a team like yours where there's good offensive players, he'll be a great fit in my opinion. He's a class act too.
    OMG, if they let DeBrusk go I'd have gone into apoplectic shock. He may be the real deal.

Interesting take on Nash, and if you're right this may look a bit better for the B's than it does right now; though I don't think it's horrible by any means, but a bit lopsided. I certainly never had any issues with Nash and agree he is a class act.

Actually I never had a big issue with the Rangers generally. Henrik is amazing. I respect the competition and the history, but it isn't like Red Sox/Yankees or Bruins/Canidiens; at least for me. I often find myself rooting for the Rangers when the B's are out of it (I was born in NYC, after all ). We went to see the B's play the Rangers a few years ago at MSG and had a wonderful time. Great atmosphere, and it was fantastic to be in that arena with so much history.

It will be interesting to see how the Rangers' rebuild goes.

Bill

Nice haul for Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Actually I never had a big issue with the Rangers generally. Henrik is amazing. I respect the competition and the history, but it isn't like Red Sox/Yankees or Bruins/Canidiens; at least for me. I often find myself rooting for the Rangers when the B's are out of it (I was born in NYC, after all ). We went to see the B's play the Rangers a few years ago at MSG and had a wonderful time. Great atmosphere, and it was fantastic to be in that arena with so much history
    This is funny to read because it's the same with me. I always pull for the Bruins when the Rangers aren't involved. My non-hockey fan, Yankee buds look at me like I'm nuts . B's are a rival for sure, but it's nothing compared to Ranger vs. Isles, Devils or Flyers.

This is funny to read because it's the same with me. I always pull for the Bruins when the Rangers aren't involved. My non-hockey fan, Yankee buds look at me like I'm nuts . B's are a rival for sure, but it's nothing compared to Ranger vs. Isles, Devils or Flyers.

No surprise that the Karlsson trade didn't happen but some other interesting transactions prevented this from being a completely boring trade deadline day. I liked the Sharks acquisition of EKane (though I think he's pretty clearly a jackass) and thought that the Lightning, Jets, and Preds all improved their rosters. The Rangers gave up a lot in the TB deal but received three really nice young players in return plus picks--I really think that trade helped both teams. On the flipside, I think VGK gave up way, way more than they should have for Tatar--good player, but not worth three picks, even if his contract could keep him in Vegas for another couple of years.

Holy deadline explosion!

On the Ranger front McD and Miller go to Tampa Bay for a 1st, conditional 2nd, Namestnikov, two WHL kids in Hajek and Howden that I have to read up on.

We have certainly loaded up on draft picks which is great. I think we have 5 or 6 1st rounders now and this is supposed to be a good draft. Hate to see these guys go though. Tampa Bay just got a lot better in my opinion. I'm now a fan as there's like 10 former blueshirts there now

Crazy...

And suddenly, the Flyers are in first place in the Metro division. After a shootout win, in Montreal, no less.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Nash scored a beauty last night. Have always liked the guy.
    Guess the Leafs were in on McD, but got out bid by the Lightning. That's fine really, we just started enjoying this youthful resurgence...don't know if I wanted to see any of these kids moved...especially Travis Dermott who apparently the Rangers wanted. No way. This kid was the stud dman on McDavid's Erie Junior team. He's stepped in and played really well for 21 year old dman.
    I think Plekanec was a decent low cost pick up for Leafs. Help on pk, help with d-zone faceoffs...a little more pesky grit as Komarov can't carry that load alone. Plus...we WILL be playing the Bruins...been video bouncing around on Marchand saying that Plekanec was the player he hates most in the nhl. LOL. Nice move Lou!

The eons are closing
    Ugh....needed the 2 pts vs Habs, Niemi stonewalled 3 shorthanded breakaways by the Isles and it was all downhill after that...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit