Page 258 of 403 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Sens look disorganized. Red Wings too. They could have taken over last night's game after a disastrous first period by the Habs. 4 in a row now, all without Weber. Let's hope they keep it up!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers playin solid hockey now, but suffer a huge loss with Zibanejad out with concussion. The issue at center just got a whole helluva lot worse!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Sens look disorganized. Red Wings too. They could have taken over last night's game after a disastrous first period by the Habs. 4 in a row now, all without Weber. Let's hope they keep it up!
    Canadian's 10 - Detroit 1. Wow.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I just scored tickets to the Leafs vs. Tampa Bay. It's not until February, but if the season continues in the direction it's going, that's about the time that it'll start to get really interesting.

Anybody know if Matt Moulson was claimed off the waiver wire? When he was with the Isles, he was a Hab Slayer. I'd like to see Montreal pick him up...or has he fallen so low that he's not even worth picking up on waivers?

EDIT: I see that he has no points in 14 games. I guess that's why he was let loose. I guess he was player who always got the bounces when playing the Habs.
    Last edited by Yves; 12-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.

The eons are closing
    <in lurking mode so I don't jinx success>

Arrrrrgh!

But if we don't start to play quality defense, all the fuxking goals we score won't help. Don't play a lot of 6-5 games in the playoffs. /<rant>

Re: moulson
    I always thought he was better than he's played in Buffalo; I guess I underestimated Tavares effect on his scoring.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Yeah...Moulson hasn't come close to the numbers he put up with the Isles. Speaking of former Isles...Michael Grabner has been a great addition the last 2 seasons. This guy is a rocket, scores timely goals and is awesome on PK.

The eons are closing
    Agreed on all counts. A good 3rd liner with 2nd line upside. His actual moves/hands at the net always left something to be desired. But his reactive instinct and speed are awesome on the PK.

I still don't know why isles signed Chimera and let Grabner go...

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    His actual moves/hands at the net always left something to be desired
    so true. He'll get like 3 breakaways a game, but you know it's probably not going in. He's more of an opportunist getting in good positions with his speed.

Habs lost a tough one against the Blues last night. A couple of mental mistakes, particularly early in the second period, did them in.

Moulson's cap hit is $5M. That's why no one wants him.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Ahh... for a guy with no points this season! PASS!

The eons are closing
    So...
    Isles #2 in league in goals per game (3.6) and 11th in PP percentage!

But.....
    27th in goals against (3.4 !!!) and fxxxing 30th on the PK!

I have no idea how we're 16-9-3.

The eons are closing
    Anybody have a goalie to sell aside from Price?

Because IMO after watching the Stars defeat the Isles tonight, there is no way we make conference finals with the subpar tandem we have now.

If Ottawa keeps losing, Craig Anderson may become available. I don't see mass changes happening immediately, but if the losing continues into the new year, some of the veterans will get moved. It started last night when Alex Burrows didn't dress in favour of a younger guy (Nick Paul).
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

The eons are closing
    Continuing with our Isles coverage LOL

Best news in awhile:
    https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ark-1.15519161

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Hockey lost a legend tonight. Johnny Bower, former Leafs goalie, died at age 93.

Bower was a legend in Toronto and an Ambassador for the Leafs. My Facebook feed is full of stories from Leafs fans who have met him, and not one person has a bad word to say about him. He could often be seen at Leafs games and was extremly accessible, gracious, and kind. I remember meeting him a few years ago while we were at a game and he was holding a book signing during half-time. Shockingly, there was not a long line to purchase his book and have it signed, so he took the time to chat with us for a few minutes. He was just lovely.

At 93, I can't say that this news is surprising, but it has shaken Leafs Nation tonight.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/f...ny-bower-dies/

Is anyone watching the World Juniors?

I would be if it were televised here.

It’s in Buffalo and it’s not being televised there?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I would be if it were televised here.
    https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-network-wjc-schedule

Nice OT Winter Classic win!!

How are Julien and Bergevin still part of the Montreal Canadiens' organization? They should both be out on their asses! It's gotten to where I can barely watch one period. As soon as the other team scores, I know it's over... Habs need to blow this up and start fresh. I see maybe 4 or 5 guys trying and the others are just coasting along....

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    How are Julien and Bergevin still part of the Montreal Canadiens' organization? They should both be out on their asses! It's gotten to where I can barely watch one period. As soon as the other team scores, I know it's over... Habs need to blow this up and start fresh. I see maybe 4 or 5 guys trying and the others are just coasting along....
    I said it at the time, Julien was a very poor choice as a coach of this team. It's not that he's a bad coach, or that the Canadiens were a bad team, but rather that it was a poor fit. Now the Canadians have the same problem the Bruins had with a coach who has a particular system that requires particular types of players, and the team really no strengths in that area. Meanwhile, Clode will drag down the skill and speed in exchange for defensive-mindedness and three zone thinking for forwards, neutralizing what was the Canadien's strongest asset. He's incapable of modifying his approach.

You're probably right, the Canadiens probably need a total re-boot. But unless ownership wakes up to the need for coaching talent over PR, your field of coaching candidates will remain small and insular. So I'm not sure the team could really do that much better, other than get a GM and coach whose styles mesh better. As a Bruins fan, I'm not losing any sleep over the mess. But I love the city of Montreal, deeply respect their hockey tradition, and I can empathize with the suffering fans even though the Habs are our bitter rivals. It will be interesting to see how they extricate themselves from the mess they've made.

Speaking of extricating themselves from messes, looks like my Bruins are finally coming out of their Chiarelli-induced coma. It hasn't always been pretty, but Sweeny and Axelson's drafting and youth movement is finally starting to pay dividends, while we slowly get out of these big contracts to average players. I think they're punching above their weight at the moment, and still struggle against the truly elite teams in the league. But it will be interesting to see what they do come the trade deadline, if Donny can finally make a pro-level deal to rival some of his minor league moves. We have a glut of young talent, and something will have to give at some point. But this may not be the year to make a big move, and I'm OK with that. This team is way better than I'd anticipated, and seems to have a bright future.

Bill