Page 252 of 402 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I agree that Desharnais became a bit of a scapegoat although it seems he's having a tough time fitting in.. here's a completely interesting idea that was mentioned on one Habs fan-site a few weeks ago and in many ways it makes
    some sense for both teams; straight-up trade Price for Tavares. The rationale is that both teams get exactly what they need as the Habs get that hard-to-find centerman they've so badly needed and the Isles get one of the best goalies, possibly the best out there. That still leaves the Habs with a huge amount of money to get a "very good" or "excellent" goalie in the not-so-distant future. While I love Price, I think he's a) "slightly" overrated and b) you don't always need an incredible goalie to go far, possibly even win it. What do you think Thomas?
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The eons are closing
    Re: Price //Tavares
    While that could make 'hockey sense' all financials being sorted; it would totally deflate Isles fan base.

"We" play in an arena designed for the Nets with a Honda SUV occupying some of the best seats in the house coz there are no bleachers on that section of the lower level. And any arena with obstructed views is no hockey arena and isles have plenty of those.

So all we really have is Tavares and the hope of staying some where in the Tri State area.

If the Isles were out of it and in danger of getting nothing...well anything is possible.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Price is overrated. It might be time we give Fucale a good look. Habs need more than Tavares though. They need inspiration. I am beginning to see why the Bruins parted ways with Julien. He inspires nothing. Habs look like they'd all rather be somewhere else, and the season hasn't even begun!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

you Montreal fans are hard to please!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

What do you guys and gal think about the addition of a 2 minute PP if an offside challenge isn't reversed? I don't like the challeng thing to begin with, but since it aint goin anywhere, I guess this is a good addition. Maybe this will keep the delays at bay?

Friendly reminder for those in our fantasy leagues--it's draft weekend! The PE traditional league drafts Sunday night, keeper league Monday night.

GAME DAY!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    What do you guys and gal think about the addition of a 2 minute PP if an offside challenge isn't reversed? I don't like the challeng thing to begin with, but since it aint goin anywhere, I guess this is a good addition. Maybe this will keep the delays at bay?
    I'm a fan of challenges, as I think NHL refs in general suck, but this should minimize them, I would think. I had no issues with the loss of a time-out, the way they did it before.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

you Montreal fans are hard to please!!
    the frustration is mounting... 1993 was a long time ago... and the team appears to be REGRESSING! My expectations are low ... Now if I was a Leafs fan however. I expect them to win the division this year, or at least battle The Bolts for it.

Looks like the Flyers made the right move, getting rid of Steve Mason.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    the frustration is mounting... 1993 was a long time ago... and the team appears to be REGRESSING! My expectations are low ... Now if I was a Leafs fan however. I expect them to win the division this year, or at least battle The Bolts for it.

LEEEEEEEEEEAFS!

Nice 7-2 win tonight. Great way to start the season!

2 goals for Marleau, the "new" guy.

Rangers start tomorrow, but I most defo gonna watch me some StL-Pitt o.t.

All 1:15 of it. Crosby watches the puck go in the Penguin net.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Connor McDavid is good. Really, really good.

Connor McDavid is good. Really, really good.
    Currently the best.

The Leafs will be the story of the NHL this year. When your third line is Bozak-VanRiemsdyk-Marner ...you're stacked with offensive talent. All that talented youth, most of whom are barely men yet. Austin Matthews will be the closest challenger to McDavid's crown. He may even out-point him this year. Last night, he got 2 beauty assists...one a back handed saucer through traffic and the tape for Marleau who scored a beauty. Then he topped it off with a beauty deflection goal. I'm tellin ya folks, he's got mega super star written all over him. So yes, I'm bursting with excitement...hope they stay healthy, and continue the same path, and all the sphmores can avoid the dreaded jynx. Or as I heard a Habs reporter on English radio say " 'Ee 'ass to avoid da sophmore jink" Cheers guys... looking forward to a great season. Good luck to all of your fave teams. Except Yves, Birdy, Stan. Fuck you guys. :P

I just want to state, for the record, how completely stupid it is to have East Coast teams begin their seasons on the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    The Leafs will be the story of the NHL this year. When your third line is Bozak-VanRiemsdyk-Marner ...you're stacked with offensive talent. All that talented youth, most of whom are barely men yet. Austin Matthews will be the closest challenger to McDavid's crown. He may even out-point him this year. Last night, he got 2 beauty assists...one a back handed saucer through traffic and the tape for Marleau who scored a beauty. Then he topped it off with a beauty deflection goal. I'm tellin ya folks, he's got mega super star written all over him. So yes, I'm bursting with excitement...hope they stay healthy, and continue the same path, and all the sphmores can avoid the dreaded jynx. Or as I heard a Habs reporter on English radio say " 'Ee 'ass to avoid da sophmore jink" Cheers guys... looking forward to a great season. Good luck to all of your fave teams. Except Yves, Birdy, Stan. Fuck you guys. :P
    HEY! I've been saying nothing but good things about the Leafs! You Leaf fans are gonna have to learn to be good winners....

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    For 23 years, since the Leaf's only successful runs for the Stanley Cup in modern history, they have been predicted to succeed year after year, only to fail. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Leafs fan but my expectations are never that high - despite the hype. I hope I'm wrong.

You are Greg. Those old Leaf teams were mismanaged. The guys currently running the show in Toronto know what they are doing. They have drafted well, brought in some veterans and character guys, and handed the reins to arguably the best coach in the league. It is coming my friend, it is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    It's October 5th and I'm already tired of hearing about the Leafs this season.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You are Greg. Those old Leaf teams were mismanaged. The guys currently running the show in Toronto know what they are doing. They have drafted well, brought in some veterans and character guys, and handed the reins to arguably the best coach in the league. It is coming my friend, it is coming...
    Fingers still crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    LMAO!

Stolen from Twitter:

Edmonton: Holy crap, McDavid is going to score 200 goals!
    Toronto: OMG WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE CUP.
    Winnipeg: We have an IHOP now.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Dude it's Toronto. It's the center of the known Universe. You'll hear about them if they are doing well; you'll hear about them if they fall apart. Do you know how good your Oilers will have to be to get a single mention in any Canadian sports media if the Leafs are good?

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Stolen from Twitter:

Edmonton: Holy crap, McDavid is going to score 200 goals!
    Toronto: OMG WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE CUP.
    Winnipeg: We have an IHOP now.

Have an IHOP Father's day story I refuse to relate in this forum. Suffice to say it did not go well.

As a Rangers fan I still have 1994 (and before that 1940, plus the associated reminder how quickly time passes).

Who remembers the guy holding up the "Now I can die in peace!" sign at The Garden near the end of Gm. 7 against the Canucks?

That was for me the season that confirmed conclusively that the Stanley Cup playoffs are the most thrilling post season spectacle in all of North American professional sports.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.