Page 245 of 403 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I guess credibility is overrated, these days.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    To be fair, Bettman and the NHL made the huge mistake of taking a little more money from NBC years ago for more obscure coverage on channels that most people don't have and/or can't find instead of playing it smart for the future of the sport, taking a little less money, and staying with ESPN. Covering the NHL makes no sense for ESPN--I can't blame them at all for not wanting to promote a sport that does basically nothing for them in terms of ratings or revenue.
    The real money contract was with Rogers' Sportsnet. They then parcelled off the contract to the likes of TSN/RDS, TVA Sports, and even gave the CBC its Saturday Hockey Night In Canada. During the regular season I could watch at least 1 game per night, at least 5 nights out of 7, without ordering Center Ice.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Talk about irony - on the Canadian hockey broadcast last night during the second intermission, they showed a stat that 4.5% of the goals allowed by Craig Anderson are from either behind the net or from the goal line. So where does the winning goal on Lundqvist come from last night ... Yup. EK65 scores from the corner on a BS deflection off of Stepan.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 04-28-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

That was a bummer for us Ranger fans because Henrik was amazing. This whole playoffs so far he's been playing like he's 25.

I really, really, really hate the system Boucher plays, but it is effective. Rangers have to find a way to use their speed to break through that neutral zone wall.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Pageau-Pageau-Pageau (sung to the OLE-OLE-OLE tune)
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    You missed one.

Tough loss for NYR. So many opportunities to put this away.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    You missed one.
    I didn't want to rub it in.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well, the Leafs are out. But, damn, what an exciting year this was! From the basement to the playoffs in one season. And talk about a playoff run! As short-lived as it was, out of six games Toronto took Washington to OT five times. I think that most people (myself included) underestimated the hunger of this young team. I'm excited to see what next season brings! It's only going to get better from here.

The pieces are in place. Now they just need some fine-tuning.

GO LEAFS GO!
    Yeah, they did amazingly well. My fav NHL team. Austen Matthews and Nylander.

I didn't want to rub it in.
    Yeah yeah sure sure

That was a tough loss for us...but hopefully it's forgotten and we take this baby in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah yeah sure sure

That was a tough loss for us...but hopefully it's forgotten and we take this baby in 6!
    I'm pretty new at this bragging thing. Usually, my emoji is a rain cloud over my head when it comes to the sad-sack Sens.

Funny thing - remember when I was marvelling at how well Charlie MacEvoy of the Bruins did, making his debut in the playoffs right out of college (BU)? Well, the Sens have a rookie D-man in Ben Harpur that has basically taken the spot of regular season regular Chris Wideman. Wideman had a tough game against the Bruins and they sat him down in favour of Harpur, but the 6-6 gentle giant (see what I did there) has played so well that they don't want to take him out. He and Freddie Claesson have done reasonably well against the Rangers (with the last change at home), so it will be interesting to see who AV puts out against the pair in the next two games at MSG.

Didn't see the game, however, the sports news showed the play over and over...I can't for the life of me see what Matt Niskinnen did wrong.

Ottawa getting ripped to shreds tonight. I'm actually rooting for them, not a fan of NY although I live nearby

NYR totally outplayed the Sens tonight. Zibanejad was on fire all night as was Zuccarello. (Two weird last names for Scandinavians, eh?)

NYR played with "desperation" as they like to say in cliche-land. The were more physical, faster and more determined in winning the puck battles. Full value for the win.

I'm looking forward to Ottawa's response on Thursday. I would expect to see two or three lineup changes - necessitated by injury (Z. Smith) and lack of toughness. Look for Tom Pyatt, Mark Borowecki and possibly Chris Neil in his swansong to draw back in for game 4. Can't wait.

I was wondering about Chris Neil. I thought he was hurt or something. That guy is always a thorn in the side. And I worry about Borowecki...not much of a player , but the dude is a hitting machine.

Real strong game from the Rangers tonight. That's more like it!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    how did Nashville fall to the 8 seed?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Neil broke a finger in the regular season and got shunted down the depth chart when the Sens brought in Burrows and Stahlberg at the trade deadline. They even brought up a first rounder that came out of BU (Colin White) for a couple of games at the end of the year. So I said it was Neil's swansong because of the depth the Sens have in waiting. He was only 6 - 8 minutes TOI when he was playing, and didn't kill penalties. So his value is quite limited except to add toughness to the fourth line.

Borowecki is a gamble because he's not very mobile, but as you mentioned, Klonk, he is a hitting machine. The Sens need to combat the ferociousness of the Rangers attack and that's one way to try to slow them down.

This one is better and doesn't require a lame tune

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...9a&action=view

The eons are closing
    <htmlol>

<<don't taunt klonk>>

Getting the Isles fans together for tonight's tilt. Brewski, X-) bud and the Box O' Bruford (my Denon 100 disc changer with every live show from the LTIA thru Thrak box plus some boots/shows from other BB projects)

Totally prepared for playoff hockey.

<</don't taunt klonk>>

[emoji2]
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Best of 3 now. Total and complete domination by the Rangers. Ottawa looked like a high school team most of the night. Nice old school activity to end this game.
    Saturday's matinee should be fun.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Very disappointing showing by the Sens. The Rangers have outclassed them the last two games at MSG. The Rangers speed has betrayed Ottawa's age, team speed (or lack thereof), injuries (you can probably figure out who is playing hurt) and lack of toughness. I haven't written them off because they are a very resilient team and with the last change, they might be able to protect their bottom 2 D-men. I have to give AV lots of credit for coming up with a game plan that defeats Ottawa's neutral zone trap (or whatever you want to call it).

Borowiecki is still limping, so he's out, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes to bring in Chris Neil.

The eons are closing
    Woah...buzzkill....Rangers really outplayed the Sens tonight.

So is momentum more important here? Or are we set for a home win only series?

Momentum... Sens will not win another game in this series. They'll put up a fight at home but come up short, then pack it in at MSG. Vigneault is proving himself to be a master at in-series adjustments. If Cindy does not return, Rangers may represent the East in the Finals this year.

(There.. I have totally jinxed the Blue Shirts)
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

...still have to win 2 more games. Ottawa unraveled last night that's for sure, but there's still a long way to go. Rangers are playing a strong 4 line game now though. Let's get it done!

Tanner f'in Glass!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    <htmlol>

<<don't taunt klonk>>

Getting the Isles fans together for tonight's tilt. Brewski, X-) bud and the Box O' Bruford (my Denon 100 disc changer with every live show from the LTIA thru Thrak box plus some boots/shows from other BB projects)

Totally prepared for playoff hockey.

<</don't taunt klonk>>

[emoji2]
    is this what Islander fans do?!

The eons are closing
    Listen to Bruford? Who doesn't? lol