Page 243 of 402 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well the Leafs lost tonight and dropped down into a wild card spot, so it looks like we'll be playing Washington in the first round. I expect that we'll be out in four, maybe five if we're lucky. But that's okay. It'll give some of our young players some playoff experience that they can draw on next year. GO LEAFS!
    1 measly point and they would have avoided the pool of death! Hopefully they can give Washington all they can handle. You never know.. The Caps may have yet another epic fail in the playoffs this year (though I doubt it).
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The Caps may have yet another epic fail in the playoffs this year (though I doubt it).
    Fingers crossed!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    So...predictions? Who do we collectively feel is the dominant/favored team?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Oh well, here I go again embarrassing myself:

Round 1
    CHI over NAS in 6
    STL over MIN in 7
    ANA over CAL in 5
    EDM over SJS in 6 - big learning curve here, but I think they will be apt pupils

MTL over NYR in 6
    OTT over BOS in 7
    WAS over TOR in 5
    PIT over CBJ in 4
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

You're not giving the Jackets a single win? Bold prediction indeed!

CBJ have been in a talespin lately (although they managed to beat the Leafs on Saturday). I think they will go down fast.

(Perhaps my boldness was reinforced by a couple of drams last night!)
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

The Pens will probably come alive now that the playoffs are here. They are always dangerous. But CBJ, I think, can win a couple against them.

I'm not going to make any predictions because my knowledge of the Western Conference is limited...

I think the play of Bobrovsky plus the fact that the Pens are not healthy gets the Jackets at least two wins in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'm not going to make any predictions because my knowledge of the Western Conference is limited...
    That's never stopped me before!

Yeah I'm not much for predictions. All I really care about is the Rangers right now. But that Pens/BJ series I'm really looking forward to. Crosby/Dubinsky is a huge rivalry now...makes for awesome watching. Angry hockey at its best.

As far as Rangers go...this series will be a toss up and whoever makes it out on top maybe has one more round in them before they reach the monsters and get eaten
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I agree Scott. The winner in our series should win the bracket. Hopefully by then the other bracket will have all beaten each other to a pulp...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAFS! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

So far Canada is 0-3. At least they're be represented this year.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I know..brutal eh? We're better represented by the impact players on all teams then by the Canadian cities with NHL franchises.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    East:

Caps in 5
    Pens in 6
    Habs in 7
    Sens in 7

Pens in 7
    Habs in 6

Pens in 6

West:

Hawks in 5
    Blues in 7
    Ducks in 5
    Oilers in 7

Hawks in 7
    Ducks in 6

Hawks in 6

Cup:

Hawks over Pens in 6
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    So far Canada is 0-3. At least they're be represented this year.
    Oh (and 4) Canada, looked so promising at 2-0. Wicked shot from Wilson for his first playoff goal to win it.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

17.3 seconds away from keeping it (Zer)Oh Canada.

Pffffttttt......

Both Leafs/Caps games have gone into OT. Caps won the first game, Leafs won last night.

I bet the Capitals went into this expecting some easy wins. Nice to see the Leafs fighting so hard.

Nice win for the Leafs last night. They stayed with the 'mighty' Caps the whole game and maybe all those young legs made the difference in double overtime.

One of the emerging themes is injuries - particularly to defensemen. Komarov fell awkwardly and is out for the rest of the series. Ottawa and Boston have both lost several although Ottawa seems to be almost back to full strength in that Karlsson played a lot better last night and Marc Methot returned and did not suck. OTOH, Boston lost another (McQuaide) last night to an innocent look bump on the boards by Burrows, after losing Colin Miller to a fairly dirty knee/thigh on knee hit in mid-ice in Game 1. I guess it wasn't punishable as Borowiecki only got two minutes for tripping and no supplemental discipline. But the hockey gods were watching, because Boro went down in Game 2 and didn't finish the game.

Nice comeback by the Sens in Game 2 to tie the series. It was great to see Clarke MacArthur score for the first time in over 700 days! And Erik Karlsson set up a goal by Derick Brassard that was just classic Karlsson. As I mentioned above, he seems to be rounding back into form after being hobbled with two foot injuries. BTW, I thought Brassard was flying in Game 1. They say he always elevates his game in the playoffs. Too bad he was in Columbus all those years they didn't quality.

I watched most of the Habs/Rangers Game 2 and thought it was really good, fast hockey. The Montreal crowd did not disappoint - the place was electric all game.

Big surprises - how about Chicago getting blanked so far. The Blues are up 2-0 over the higher ranked Wild, so I guess that would qualify as well.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 04-16-2017 at 04:43 PM.

In honor of Rangers fans right now...

Last edited by Brave73; 04-16-2017 at 10:23 PM.

It's only a formality for the Pens and Blues--they're advancing barring miracle comebacks. Ducks and Preds could be in the same situation if they pull off wins tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    In honor of Rangers fans right now...

it's so true. I definitely think last night was the low point though. I don't see them playing that badly again for the rest of the series. Props to Montreal since the 3rd period of game 2. Impressive.

Somebody needs to tell Chris Kreider that he's 6'3" 230lbs. I'm growing tired of this big, inconsistent softie. No sack. If he had Zook's balls the guy would be a power forward machine.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Holy Crap. Leafs take the series lead 2-1 in the third OT game.

I had predicted the Caps in 5. I may need to revise that prediction to the Leafs in 5!

Leafs truly have a never say die attitude. Down 2-0 early in the first I thought they'd just roll over....

As for our series, Habs played an almost perfect road game on Sunday. They need one more like that to get a stranglehold on the series...

Down 3-1 in the second period... they kill a 2 man short-handed 5 on 3 for a full two minutes, followed immediately by another 2 minutes of 5 on 4. One power play goal by Caps, and there's a good chance it's case closed. Of those 6 minutes, D-man Marincin played 5:48 of them! This guy couldn't crack the lineup all year, playing in only 13 games iirc. Ovechkin got ONE shot on net in the last 27 minutes of the game. This is a Leaf defense that was talked about all year (by their own media) as being garbage.
    Babcock and his staff have been amazing in molding this incredibly young team. Still a lot of hockey to be played, and Caps are still the faves. But every night a different rookie is shining. Their number one line is made up of three rookies, and there's one on each of the next three lines. Two rookies on D, though Zeitsev played pro in KHL for a year. That's just incredible coaching. And what he's done for Kadri...the guy who wanted to be a flashy NHL leading scorer type centreman...Babcock makes him the number one checker, turns him in to a pest...last night I thought him and Komarov were incredible in the hitting and relentless pestering department.

Those of you from the US undoubtedly know...but probably just cannot imagine what it's like around here when the Leafs are in the play offs. I guess maybe Cubs and Red Sox have the same effect on their respective cities....but if this run does continue...Toronto and area will be out of their fuckin minds!

And how about all 4 games seeing OT last night!!! That's hockey!