Page 240 of 402 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    At least they have THAT going for them...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Man, with only eight games left and still fighting for a playoff spot in a close race, this is not a good time for us to be losing our starting goalie. I hope Andersen is back on the ice quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    You're the best Klonker....I don't care what your customers say! lol
    they just point and laugh at my misery.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Man, with only eight games left and still fighting for a playoff spot in a close race, this is not a good time for us to be losing our starting goalie. I hope Andersen is back on the ice quickly!
    Picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    His customers love him too. He provides a ton of comic relief!
    I have had the same customers for 15+ years...it's gotta be something!

Habs got 8 games left iirc, and I have no idea which team will show up on which night and where they will be when all is said and done...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It's pretty bizarre that the Rangers have more points than 4 teams in the conference yet they sit down in a wildcard spot. <scratches head>

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    It's pretty bizarre that the Rangers have more points than 4 teams in the conference yet they sit down in a wildcard spot. <scratches head>
    Yeah....I don't understand how they have any points at all!?

...don't tempt me, Mud!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This was already discussed on the previous page. Try to keep up, would you?

They should relish the chance of destroying a weaker team in the opening round...

It may us squaring off in the opening round. We've had your number this year but the playoffs are a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    This was already discussed on the previous page. Try to keep up, would you?
    it's too much effort

They should relish the chance of destroying a weaker team in the opening round...

It may us squaring off in the opening round. We've had your number this year but the playoffs are a clean slate.
    Yeah there's a part of me happy to not have to face the 3 powerhouses in the 100+ pt range, but like you said, you have our number.

Hopefully we can win tonight and clinch. Give some guys a breather and work out the regular season kinks.

Leaf nation hasn't been breathing since Anderson got injured, wondering if McElhaney could do the job. Meanwhile, McElhaney was the main reason they squeeked out a win last night, he was amazing! But he is what he is, and the sooner we get our starter healthy the better.

Interesting how the Leafs schedule winds up: 4 home games in 6 nights against Washington, Tampa, Pittsburgh & Columbus. The three teams battling their nuts off for number one, so they don't have to play each other in first round. And Tampa who is red hot, and owes Leafs payback for a game 2 weeks ago the Leafs blasted them 5-0 in TBay. So needless to say, we need big points in next three on road in Nashville, Detroit and Buffalo. Playoff picture will go down to the wire in the East! I'd almost rather have Leafs get wild card to play a pressure-free round against a team that should logically slaughter them. What I'm really saying is I don't want to lose to Ottawa! lol

Right now, the only team Ottawa is beating on a regular basis is themselves. I don't expect them to go very far. Not enough toughness, speed and the PP is horrible.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

It is official the Red Wings will miss the playoffs for the first time in 26 years. It is going to be very strange not having playoff hockey in the month of April this year. It will be interesting to see if Blashill survives. He has a lot of fans here in Southwest Michigan as he was former coach of Western Michigan University and the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.

That's a streak that may never be matched again in the cap world. Hats off to the Wings organization. Outstanding.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

The eons are closing
    Hear hear...a great unprecedented run.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    That's a streak that may never be matched again in the cap world. Hats off to the Wings organization. Outstanding.
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Right now, the only team Ottawa is beating on a regular basis is themselves. I don't expect them to go very far. Not enough toughness, speed and the PP is horrible.
    I'll be curious to see who they play as 3rd place in the Atlantic and the final Wild Card in the East are a toss-up at this point.

I'll be curious to see who they play as 3rd place in the Atlantic and the final Wild Card in the East are a toss-up at this point.
    Not to look too far ahead by any stretch...however, Ottawa's grip on second in Atlantic isn't quite what it used to be. Leafs are 2 behind. Boston 3 behind (I believe Ottawa and Boston have a game left). Ott and Tor have 6 games left, Bruins 5.

Just to be clear, I just want in the playoffs, don't care where. (I'm not gonna be responsible for jinxing the team ) hahahaha.

No question that the Sens are limping into the playoffs. I believe they will make it, as they only need to win 2 or 3 more games. Karlsson's iron man streak came to an end last night and the team is brutal with him out of the lineup. Anderson looks tired and I'm sure once they are in, Condon will get some starts.

They're so desperate for a lift, they may call up prospect Colin White (ex. Boston College) who just played his first game in the AHL on Wednesday. They are willing to burn a year of his entry level contract for a few games at the end of this season. This was unthinkable only a week ago. But that's how desperate they are at this point.

Anyone looking for a new goalie?

Went to the Flyers game last night and saw them put a good, old-fashioned whuppin' on the Mudsharks.

Good job, boys - save the games like that for when you're all but eliminated.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Not to look too far ahead by any stretch...however, Ottawa's grip on second in Atlantic isn't quite what it used to be. Leafs are 2 behind. Boston 3 behind (I believe Ottawa and Boston have a game left). Ott and Tor have 6 games left, Bruins 5.

Just to be clear, I just want in the playoffs, don't care where. (I'm not gonna be responsible for jinxing the team ) hahahaha.
    The Leafs schedule is brutal to end the season so I don't know if they can overtake the Sens. Either way, I expect them to meet in the first round with Boston playing the Caps. We'll be facing the Klonkers, it's all but assured. Habs have beaten up on two teams they should be beating up on so it bodes well.
    Last edited by Yves; 03-31-2017 at 02:07 PM.