Page 233 of 402 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You guys see Price lose his shit last night? Enough crashing into him already! I applauded him!
    This is great. I love to see goalies getting into the thick of things.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You guys see Price lose his shit last night? Enough crashing into him already! I applauded him!

hahaha...that's great! (Though he didn't go in full steam ahead and kind of had no where to go) That is some top notch aggression though! I love how the other guy was dragging him away as Price continued to wail.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

10-1 !!

Pacioretty scores 4!

Awesome!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Flyers have won 9 in a row.

Included in the streak is a stretch of 8 games in 12 days.

They're not a great team and they're playing way over their heads, but it's an enjoyable ride.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Who's not hot in the Metro Division right now? Washington (4), NYR (3), Columbus (6), Philly (9) and Pitt (6) are all on winning streaks right now.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Sens have now won 4 in a row and exorcised a couple of demons along the way. They won in Chicago for the first time in 15 years (not a typo!). And they just beat the Ducks 2-1 in OT after being humiliated in Anaheim a couple of weeks ago. They're getting great goaltending from Mike Condon who was a cast-off earlier in the season in Pittsburgh. Andrew Hammond has a high ankle sprain and is likely out for several months. The reality is that the guy who went 20-1-2 two years ago may never play for Ottawa again.

One of the reasons the Sens are playing better these days is the guys who are paid to score are starting to do just that. After slow starts, Zach Smith, Mark Stone, Derek Brassard and Bobby Ryan are all scoring. Kyle Turris has been very consistent as has all-world d-man Erik Karlsson.

It's not always the most exciting brand of hockey to watch, but occasionally, like the other night in Chicago, they can play a really entertaining game.

No games until next week. Bring on the World Junior tournament!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Jaromir Jagr is now #2 all-time in points in NHL history.

"it hit my ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Jaromir Jagr is now #2 all-time in points in NHL history.

"it hit my ass"
    Yet Gretzky still has more assists than anyone else has POINTS in league history. Incredible.

Jagr is a class act. Guy has earned that.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I liked the story I heard last night where Jagr had to miss the 25th anniversary party celebrating the first ever Penguins Stanley Cup win. Because he had a game that night. LOL

I loved the fact that the assist he got last night to go ahead of Messier went off his butt. He said as much when he was interviewed on the ice afterwards. Note that he has played significantly fewer games in the NHL than Messier because of his sojourn to the KHL.

Good for Jagr! Love that guy. Being a 45 year old who still actively participates in sports (although I pull muscles these days tying my shoes) the dude is an inspiration!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Congrats to J.J. What a career, that's still going strong.
    I personally have not forgotten nor forgiven him for scoring that o.t. winner back in April of '99 which beat the Rangers and ended Gretzky's playing days.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Yet Gretzky still has more assists than anyone else has POINTS in league history. Incredible.
    Which is why, whenever the discussion arises about the GOAT, it's Gretzky. Case closed. Nobody "evolved" hockey the way #99 did. He was so clutch too. It would be a playoff game or some international tournament and every pundit and hockey expert would agree that in order for the other team to win, they had to contain Gretzky. He'd step onto the ice and get 5 points. I have never seen an athlete dominate his sport during his prime like #99 did.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thought I'd bring this up in a thread where it would cause the least hullabaloo. Turns out a guy I know is the Musical Director at Madison Square Garden, and he was on the front page of the NY Times today - Ray Castoldi. I think that's pretty cool! He wrote a tune called Slapshot that they play when the Rangers score. AND, his wife, who I actually know better, told me he's a prog fan!

Is that the one where they go "hey, hey, hey"? Who else has theme songs when a goal is scored? Chicago for sure. Detroit? Columbus fires the cannon. Wish they would aim it at Torts. In Phoenix they have this silly chant addressed to the opposing goalie in which they say something like "it's all your fault!".

Sens have a bye week this week. Something about the NHLPA demanding a 5 day break in the schedule in compensation for the World Cup. God bless Donald Fehr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thought I'd bring this up in a thread where it would cause the least hullabaloo. Turns out a guy I know is the Musical Director at Madison Square Garden, and he was on the front page of the NY Times today - Ray Castoldi. I think that's pretty cool! He wrote a tune called Slapshot that they play when the Rangers score. AND, his wife, who I actually know better, told me he's a prog fan!
    I sing this song at MSG quite often! It's a great, fun goal song...and original unlike most goal songs out there. Unfortunately we only got to sing it once last night in that stinker against Buffalo.

Has anyone been watching the World Juniors? Canada and USA play for the gold tomorrow at 8:00 EST.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Has anyone been watching the World Juniors? Canada and USA play for the gold tomorrow at 8:00 EST.
    I have been following it, but it hasn't been televised unfortunately. Hope there's a way I could watch tonight...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I sing this song at MSG quite often! It's a great, fun goal song...and original unlike most goal songs out there. Unfortunately we only got to sing it once last night in that stinker against Buffalo.

Hmm, I have to say it's not much of a tune, though it might be fun to sing anyway.

I missed last nights semi-final. But as a loyal Sens fan, I've been following the excellent play of two of their top prospects - Canadian defenseman Thomas Chabot and American forward Colin White. Chabot, in particular, looks like a man playing with boys most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I have been following it, but it hasn't been televised unfortunately. Hope there's a way I could watch tonight...
    Almost every game has been on the NHL Network!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hmm, I have to say it's not much of a tune, though it might be fun to sing anyway.
    It's a goal song meant to be fun to sing. It's not intended for the stuffy prog fan to analyze