Page 230 of 402 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    This had me choking back the tears this AM.
    http://https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-cam-talbot-applaud-craig-anderson/c-283268470

#StayStrongNicholle

Props to Cam Talbot, too. He wasn't a Ranger for very long, but I hope he has a long, successful career. A class act all the way.
    That's awesome.

That was very cool.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

That's why hockey fans and hockey players are the best. I'd wager that a similar show of support for Anderson would have happened in just about any rink in the league.
    Last edited by oilersfan; 10-31-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Sens acquired Mike Condon from the Pens for a fifth rounder. Not a bad pickup given the uncertainty in goal at this point. I think Hammond has a bad groin and it took him a long time to recover from a groin injury last year. Neither of their AHLers are ready yet, so as I mentioned above, they needed to make a move.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Condon was more than serviceable for the Habs last year.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers can't stop scoring goals!! I can't remember in my lifetime as a Ranger fan a team with this much firepower. I know its early and it will most likely cool off, but man this is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Rangers can't stop scoring goals!! I can't remember in my lifetime as a Ranger fan a team with this much firepower. I know its early and it will most likely cool off, but man this is fun!
    Yes, it is!

I'll be at the Garden again tomorrow night with EDM coming to town. This game may wind up being 10-9

I'll be at the Garden again tomorrow night with EDM coming to town. This game may wind up being 10-9
    Probably first time Hank faces Talbot. First look at McJesus?

How are you liking Z-bad so far? He's got great tools, he just needs to find some consistency. Brassard has fit in nicely and his doing a great job centring the second line. Maybe his stats aren't that compelling but I think the Sens are pleased with his overall play.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    How are you liking Z-bad so far? He's got great tools, he just needs to find some consistency. Brassard has fit in nicely and his doing a great job centring the second line. Maybe his stats aren't that compelling but I think the Sens are pleased with his overall play.
    I like him a lot! Good size, speed and has a wicked shot. He started off 100mph but has cooled off a bit the last few games. Still gets lots of chances though. He's a great fit and a huge lift to the PP. I loved Brassard and was sad to see him go. My ONLY knock on him is that he's often too unselfish. I think both our teams made out well with this trade...so far!

Habs (read: Price) steal 2 points from Vancouver last night. They better start showing up to these games or they're gonna start losing.

But I'll take the 2 points.

Mike Condon started for the Sens last night and shut out the Canucks. That makes it 3 goals allowed in their past 5 games with 3 shutouts. Now that's against non-playoff teams, but still it shows they have tightened up their defensive game a lot from last year. Unfortunately, the hockey has been tedious to watch. I guess you can't have everything.

Vancouver is really struggling to score though... They took something like 43 shots on Price on Wednesday and got shut out. Time for the Sedins to move on or retire. That franchise is being dragged down by them imo...

I had the Habs +9.5 tonight! I'm fucked!

The eons are closing
    Fucking Isles again leading with less than 2 minutes left, give up the tying goal and then lose in the skillz competition.

While I try not to overreact, given the complete underwhelming play of Chimera and Ladd and the success of Franz and Okposo with their new teams.... Both Snow and Capezio Jack need to go...one for poor decision making / team composition and the other for the lack of focus from the players on the roster.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I had the Habs +9.5 tonight! I'm fucked!
    Montoya demanding a trade ala Patrick Roy just kidding

The eons are closing
    Halak is only a magic bean trade away! lol
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Montoya demanding a trade ala Patrick Roy just kidding
    They lost by a touchdown and a field goal so it was basically a 2-possession game. No rest for the wicked either as they host Philly tonight. Time to see what this team is made of. If they fall behind early, the crowd will turn on them instantly. This is Montreal, home of the most fickle hockey fans anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    They lost by a touchdown and a field goal so it was basically a 2-possession game. No rest for the wicked either as they host Philly tonight. Time to see what this team is made of. If they fall behind early, the crowd will turn on them instantly. This is Montreal, home of the most fickle hockey fans anywhere!
    It's decisions like this (keeping Montoya in the game) that will get Therrien fired soon. I don't think anyone associated with the club including the fans were too happy with hanging Montoya out to dry.

I've had a busy Fall so far and haven't had a lot of time for hockey, but we did manage to actually get to the Leafs/Canucks game tonight. What a crazy game! Over 160 penalty minutes handed out. Most of them in the last 15 minutes. The refs just started ejecting any player that got into a fight...including both goalies!

The Leafs won (HOORAY!)! But I'd rather see the teams just play hockey. I'm not a fan of the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It's decisions like this (keeping Montoya in the game) that will get Therrien fired soon. I don't think anyone associated with the club including the fans were too happy with hanging Montoya out to dry.
    I disagree. The Habs were playing 2 games in 2 nights. The plan is to have Price completely sit out one of those games. It's always the plan. At 4-0 or 5-0 the game was out of reach. Why put Price in at all?

I'm feeling the same way!!

Leafs have righted the ship under the stern leadership of Lou Lamoriello. Got to see them in Buffalo the other night, and they are fast and entertaining.
    But let me make a bold statement here, so you will remember where you read it first: Mitchel Marner is a magician on the ice. 18 years old and he's already a wizard out there. Rookie of the year, and future NHL points leader, and superstar.

Leaf haters are as nervous and antsy as ever I've seen them. The sarcastic zingers don't have the same delivery, their mailing in the cut-ups. They still show a stiff upper lip and say stuff like "don't worry, it's the Leafs, they'll fuck it up"...but you can tell they barely believe it themselves. Whatever will they do? What will Michel Taillefer do when it's too embarrassing to keep posting news of Montreal victory over Toronto on my time-line, as if I had no idea what happened the night before??

First off. why the fuck are you Facebook friends with Michel Taillefer?

Secondly, I totally agree about Marner. He was lucky to go to the same team that took Matthews, thus removing a lot of the pressure he'd have felt being "the guy" on another team. Leafs aren't there yet but it finally feels like something solid is being built. I compare them to my Raiders in that manner...

Sens are now 4-0 in extra innings. That could be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

They continue to play a boring, stifling game, only giving up 24 shots last night against the admittedly undermanned Sabres. The offence is sputtering and the power play is terrible. If those things can improve, I think the Sens will be a solid middle of the pack team this year.

The Leafs are certainly a much more interesting team to watch this year as the talent level is improving. Had to laugh about the "bag skate" they got after getting whupped, though:

https://www.nhl.com/news/toronto-map...rk/c-283570112