Page 229 of 403 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Our division is looking like it's going to be really tough. Lot of teams getting off to good starts.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Agreed. The Lightning are very solid.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

^^ They've resigned everyone from last year. They want the Cup !

The eons are closing
    Man, is Weber looking trés impressive... Habs look seriously legitimate...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

It was a funny game though. Both teams took turns looking dominant and disorganized. I thought the Habs were a little more consistent, esp. in the 2nd period. Weber pulls it out in the end. The guy has been everything you could hope for. He brings the same offensive numbers as PK, but with 10 times the leadership and accountability.

We got a big one against TB tonight. That's why Price was resting yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Man, is Weber looking trés impressive... Habs look seriously legitimate...
    Weber indeed looks fantastic 9 points (3G, 6A). If Therrien stops messing around with the lines (and plays Galchenyuk w/Radulov), hopefully the offense will click consistently.

The eons are closing
    Isles miss real leadership with Franz Nielsen, Okposo and Matt Martin gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Weber indeed looks fantastic 9 points (3G, 6A). If Therrien stops messing around with the lines (and plays Galchenyuk w/Radulov), hopefully the offense will click consistently.
    Therrien shuffled things a bit to begin the 2nd period to wake the team up. esp. the first line. Habs played like shit in the first. Throwing Byron on the 1st line paid dividends almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Therrien shuffled things a bit to begin the 2nd period to wake the team up. esp. the first line. Habs played like shit in the first. Throwing Byron on the 1st line paid dividends almost instantly.
    Yes, the Byron move worked, and hes been a nice surprise, but dont see that being permanent. Radulov needs to be with Gally, they had a great preseason. Cant wait for the Tampa game, big test no doubt.

Byron on the first line and Pacioretty on the 2nd line was supposed to send a message to #67 I believe. He hasn't had the magic touch so far this season. Big game tonight for sure. I hope the Habs will have enough stamina to play a solid 60 mins.

Byron on the first line and Pacioretty on the 2nd line was supposed to send a message to #67 I believe. He hasn't had the magic touch so far this season. Big game tonight for sure. I hope the Habs will have enough stamina to play a solid 60 mins.
    Great point. BTW, im totally eating my words...er tweets... blasting the PK trade. Weber has been phenomenal

Bishop should be in goal for the Bolts.

Tuesday at the Gardens the Leafs knocked out his two front teeth.

He just kept on playing...

Going to be a good game !
    Last edited by tom unbound; 10-28-2016 at 06:32 AM.

The eons are closing
    Meanwhile Isles off to play the Cindy's in Pitt. Isles have yet to play a strong full 60 minutes.

The eons are closing
    And they still cannot play a full 60 minutes. Many here have heard me rant about how the isles are pathetic in the last 180 seconds of any period during the Capezio Capuano Era.

So Weber last night and Cindy tonight.

If Dougie Weight was in charge instead of just diagramming power plays, I fully believe he would personally beat the sh!t outta every Isles player on the ice for these soul sucking lapses of concentration.

Frakking awful.

/rant

Main culprit is Snow, who failed to make offseason moves necessary on the offensive side to get Johnny T support. But a good first step would be to replace Capuano, no question.

Hmmm, Craig Anderson plays his best game of the year in Vancouver on Tuesday and then goes on a personal leave of absence on Wednesday. He missed a week of training camp for personal reasons as well. I'm afraid that something bad is going on at home. Time for Andrew Hammond to step it up. I want him to prove Brad to the Bone wrong when he opined that Hammond was a one-year wonder. He looked shakey against Detroit and his performance last year was hardly inspiring. (Of course, the rest of the team wasn't much help in the defensive zone all last year either.)
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Habs dug deep and pulled off a beauty against the Bolts. At 0-1 going into the 3rd I thought they were done. This was their 3rd game in 4 nights. But they found a way...

The Canes managed to pull it off tonight against the Rangers, thanks to some opportunistic goals (Skinner oh-so-close to the hat trick), a great effort in net by Ward, and a good puck possession third period. Gotta admit, though, the Rangers are a better team. They're disciplined, they stretch the ice, they're big (Zuccarello notwithstanding) and they outshot the Canes badly (especially in 1st and 2nd periods). The Canes always struggle against the Blueshirts (a lot of their fans in the house tonight), but we needed this one a hell of a lot more than they did.

At this point the Canes still are in search of an identity, and probably a leader too. But tonight was a good night.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

As I feared, Craig Anderson's wife has been diagnosed with cancer. It's unknown how long he will be away. On top of that, #2 Andrew Hammond is on the IR with a lower body injury. So the Sens will be going with their AHL tandem unless they decide to pick up an unsigned goalie or trade for one in the minors. I really hope they don't bring in Winnipeg's Pavelic. He's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    The Canes managed to pull it off tonight against the Rangers, thanks to some opportunistic goals (Skinner oh-so-close to the hat trick), a great effort in net by Ward, and a good puck possession third period. Gotta admit, though, the Rangers are a better team. They're disciplined, they stretch the ice, they're big (Zuccarello notwithstanding) and they outshot the Canes badly (especially in 1st and 2nd periods). The Canes always struggle against the Blueshirts (a lot of their fans in the house tonight), but we needed this one a hell of a lot more than they did.

At this point the Canes still are in search of an identity, and probably a leader too. But tonight was a good night.
    Canes played a real good game man. Especially in the 3rd. Skinner is tenacious...too bad he's always injured!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    As I feared, Craig Anderson's wife has been diagnosed with cancer. It's unknown how long he will be away. On top of that, #2 Andrew Hammond is on the IR with a lower body injury. So the Sens will be going with their AHL tandem unless they decide to pick up an unsigned goalie or trade for one in the minors. I really hope they don't bring in Winnipeg's Pavelic. He's terrible.
    Maybe they'll make a run at Halak now that he's on the block.

Habs dug deep and pulled off a beauty against the Bolts. At 0-1 going into the 3rd I thought they were done. This was their 3rd game in 4 nights. But they found a way...

What a win, against a (if not *the*) East favorite. Been a fun season so far. They should get some points this week -- Canucks/Jackets on tap, and a Flyer team with poor goaltending.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Maybe they'll make a run at Halak now that he's on the block.
    If Snow moves Halak, we better get something better than magic beans!

This had me choking back the tears this AM.
    http://https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-cam-talbot-applaud-craig-anderson/c-283268470

#StayStrongNicholle

Props to Cam Talbot, too. He wasn't a Ranger for very long, but I hope he has a long, successful career. A class act all the way.

And props to the Edmonton fans for their appreciation for Anderson's performance last night. Great hockey fans and a great showing of humanity.