Page 216 of 404 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    From the outside looking in, the Rangers were not playing all that well down the stretch and the Flightless Fuckers from Pitt were by far the hottest team in the East during that same period.

Blueshirts also continue to suffer from the expectations that arose from reaching the Finals unexpectedly two years ago.

That being said, I was very surprised at the dominance Cindy and the crew over the last two games.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ And honestly, the Rangers aren't really that well rounded of a team. I don't think the last two games are truly indicative of their talent level, but they do emphasize the problems they have.

Pens Caps (which should be the conference final.....) should be a hell of a series.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Brooklyn moves on, back to Florida. At least this time they'll be fans in the seats in Tampa. 40+ years on Long Island and they play their longest home game ever tonight. Fughedaboudit.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The eons are closing
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Congrats to the Islanders. First playoff win in 23 seasons.

florida panthers hello kitty.jpgpanthers choking.jpg

Pens looking like the team to beat in the East.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I don't buy think the Pens are strong enough in net to get past the Caps.

I have to disagree with you there, Brian. That Murray kid was outstanding. The Caps will definitely provide a much bigger task for him and they will be in his face unlike Rangers. We shall see! This is a tough series for me because I hate both teams passionately Hope they just beat the piss out of each other.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may actually root for the Isles Am I losing my mind?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Is there any word on when Tyler Seguin may return? Dallas would be a lot tougher with him in the lineup. Nice to see Jason Spezza having a good playoff after all the abuse he took here in Trough City (see the acquittal of Senator Mike Duffy for an explanation of the term).
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I have to disagree with you there, Brian. That Murray kid was outstanding. The Caps will definitely provide a much bigger task for him and they will be in his face unlike Rangers. We shall see! This is a tough series for me because I hate both teams passionately Hope they just beat the piss out of each other.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may actually root for the Isles Am I losing my mind?
    Have you checked the lead content in your drinking water recently.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Given that the Flyers were able to take the Caps to six games, I'm picking the much better Pens in five. I agree with Klonk - that kid in goal is pretty impressive.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I just don't think the Rangers tested Murray in the same vigorous way the Caps will. It took Neuvirth playing some of the best hockey in his life (especially in the game where they were outshot, what was it, 44-11?) to get that series to six. Which, of course, they still lost.

The second round is usually where the cream rises to the top and we see fewer upsets. The Caps have been the best team in the east all year and I didn't see anything in their first round performance (or the Pens performance, for that matter) which changes my mind.

The eons are closing
    Who are you?!!
    Did Moe finally drop that whale on your head?
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I have a hard time rooting for warm weather teams (especially Calif. teams) and can't stand both Caps and Pens. Trust me...I won't be sad if you lose though but honestly...good luck.

That Blues/Hawks game last night was fuckin incredible! Go Blues!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I have a hard time rooting for warm weather teams (especially Calif. teams) and can't stand both Caps and Pens. Trust me...I won't be sad if you lose though but honestly...good luck.

That Blues/Hawks game last night was fuckin incredible! Go Blues!
    You're right Scott, absolutely wild game with SO MANY chances for each team. That late both-posts miss by the Hawks shows how 1cm can make such a difference. Had that gone in it might have been a totally different result.

I'm rooting for Joe Thornton's beard the rest of the way!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Lehtonen made a clutch save on Sunday to allow Dallas to move on:

https://www.nhl.com/video/lehtonens-...866/c-43721503

So this is pretty funny!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...053421753.html

And in case you need to be familiarized with the original... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62liEU1HO0Y

Perhaps my memory is failing me but since when does the NHL start a round of the playoffs before the previous round is over? Came home to find the Isles-Lightning game on and well into the 3rd period. I honestly don't think I had any idea that the series was starting so soon, partially because of the Ducks-Preds game 7 happening tonight.

I was surprised to see the game on as well. I can't remember this ever happening before TBH.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ And they don't play again until Saturday...could've easily had the game tomorrow night.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Hubby and I were wondering the same thing!

This whole playoff system has been a mess from the jump. The Fish Tanks get rewarded for losing their way into an easier draw instead of the traditional 1-8 system, and now we have the two best teams in the East playing in the conference semifinal instead of the final. But we have this cool "bracket" that people can participate in guys! Just like the NCAA!

Hard to believe Chicago, Anaheim, and LA all went out in the first round. I assume most people's playoff pools are pretty much toast now.

Can one of the long under-achieving Sharks or Blues take advantage and finally make it to the Stanley Cup Final this year? San Jose has never made it that far and St. Louis hasn't since the "affirmative action" playoff format of 1968 through 1970, which guaranteed one of the six 1967 expansion teams a berth in the Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Hard to believe Chicago, Anaheim, and LA all went out in the first round. I assume most people's playoff pools are pretty much toast now.

Can one of the long under-achieving Sharks or Blues take advantage and finally make it to the Stanley Cup Final this year? San Jose has never made it that far and St. Louis hasn't since the "affirmative action" playoff format of 1968 through 1970, which guaranteed one of the six 1967 expansion teams a berth in the Final.
    All I know is this...it's the weakest pool of Western Conference teams in the 2nd round in recent memory. I have to think that whoever wins the WAS-PIT matchup in the east has to be a big favorite to win the whole thing.

I have to believe that the venue availabilities forced the NHL into a situation where a Game 7 of one round and an opening game of another round overlap. Unlike in the NFL, I do not believe that every NHL teams owns the building they play in. The Habs, for example, do not own The Bell Centre and will get bumped for a more lucrative event. They play a long road trip over the Christmas season so the Bell Centre can have Disney On Ice or whatever.