Page 182 of 403 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

In a previous post I stated that Montreal and Ottawa would be gunning for top spot in our division. I completely overlooked Tampa. In fact, I think that Montreal and Ottawa will be gunning for 2nd in our division, behind the Bolts.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Tonight marks the start of the Maple Leaf's Babcock Era!

Leafs%20Nation.jpg

^^^It ain't gonna be pretty for the first little while.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

It hasn't been pretty for 10 years. It can't get much uglier.

Homer.jpg

Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I think this is one of those situations where you just let the other guy win.

...unless you find the idea of living in a Siberian prison camp appealing.

I took a chance in Fantasy on Joffrey Lupul. Apparently he went through some intense training during the break. If he can stay on the ice healthy, this guy can really help the Leafs. IF.

We need one more player for our Fantasy Keeper League if anyone here is interested. There would be only 8 teams so everyone would get good players.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I took a chance in Fantasy on Joffrey Lupul.
    Oh, me too Brother. Me too!

Lupul.jpg

nakedlupul2.jpg
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 10-07-2015 at 03:46 PM.

someone get a bucket of ice water for this chick!

Brad Boyes is playing on the top line for Toronto.

I mean, do you really need to say anything else?

Yes...Matt Hunwick is wearing an A.

1:43 into the season baby! Let's Go Rangers!!

Edit- 3 spot first. Lundquist looking sharp. This is good.
    Last edited by Obscured; 10-07-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    In a previous post I stated that Montreal and Ottawa would be gunning for top spot in our division. I completely overlooked Tampa. In fact, I think that Montreal and Ottawa will be gunning for 2nd in our division, behind the Bolts.
    The Lightning have last years playoff team still intact, but they are going to have to Kick A** to be on top this year. It's going to be a rough season, let the battle begin.

Esther!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Wow, Ottawa had a coach's challenge overturn a Buffalo goal last night on an offside that was really close. Even the announcers were split on whether or not it was offside after watching the same replay as the ref. I like the idea of having the chance to dispute a goal if there is a perceived infraction, but in order to exercise it, you can't burn your only timeout.

Flyers played in the first 3-on-3 last night, with Tampa. They lost, of course, but man is that exciting hockey!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Yikes.

I guess if I want to see people in spoked 'B' shirts doing something good, I'll have to settle for going to Youtube and looking up old Bruford footage.

Rangers look to extend their unbeaten streak (1-0) tonight against CBJ. Can't wait for the first time Staal, Stoll & Stahlberg are on the ice together.

[CharlieBrown]I got a rock . . . . . . . . . . . [/CharlieBrown]
    Last edited by Reginod; 10-10-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

More lean times in Carolina, I guess. My god, I used to think Erik Staal was the next big thing. What the hell happened to him?

Huge win for NYR; down a goal late, Lindberg & Hayes net 2 in 17 ticks, then Zuccarello bookends the night with his second just a minute later. 2 & Oh! on the road to start, home opener tomorrow, this is good.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yeah it was a nice win, even if our offense was pretty much nonexistent until that minute and 17 secs where we scored 3 Lindbergh is a player and that 3rd line has been great.

I still get worried when we play heavy teams like Colombus. Took a beating there in the 1st. Maybe throw McIlrath in there tomorrow night for some muscle because Colombus is gonna come harder than tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    More lean times in Carolina, I guess. My god, I used to think Erik Staal was the next big thing. What the hell happened to him?
    Oh Staal has actually been pretty solid. Just not outstanding. He usually has something to do with that .8 GPG that the Canes get.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Leafs suck.

Hopefully the Leafs won't find their second wind tonight. Sens need to get off to a good start this year, because they surely won't be able to make a late run for the playoffs like they did last year.