Page 130 of 403 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Hahaha! Good enough. I can relate. It's no bargain going to a Flyers game, either.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hey Scott (Bails)! I just bought my boss's tickets for the Leafs vs. the Phlyers on February 26th.
    Kick their freakin' ass!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Kick their freakin' ass!
    The Leafs will have probably been eliminated by then.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I can't wait to watch Rangers/Devils tonight. Very curious to see who's gonna crack the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

BAZINGA!

Habs-Bruins tongiht, though I don't expect too many starters from either team to see too much ice time. Habs played an intra-squad game yesterday at the Bell Centre. They surprised an early group of fans by greeting them at the doors of the Bell Centre. A nice touch by an organization that can never be accused of lacking class.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out the winner of the Leafs/Flyers pre-season game last night.

The Leafs always come roaring out of the gates. But just like the ones in the trees, they tend to shrivel up and fall away come November.

Damn, Esther! I'm actually feeling sorry for you now!

Damn, Esther! I'm actually feeling sorry for you now!
    I know, eh? It's pretty pathetic when I have to get excited over a pre-season shoot-out.

Even I feel sorry for me.

Jordan Staal, down (maybe for the season) with a broken bone in his right leg. Sighhhhhh . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Jordan Staal, down (maybe for the season) with a broken bone in his right leg. Sighhhhhh . . . . . . . . .
    ...and Derek Stepan breaks his fibula. Looks like this kid from Chicago, Kevin Hayes, will be getting a shot now. Along with JT Miller, Rangers will now most likely have 2 rookie centers in their top 9.

Anyone want Vinny LeCavalier?

Have the Flyers cut ties with him? He had a good career but it's time to hang 'em up. I don't think the Habs will go that route though fans were clamouring for him before he went to Philly. The fans also clamoured for Brière who was decent but ultimately expendable. We've got too many younger players coming up the pipeline who need to be given a fair evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Have the Flyers cut ties with him? He had a good career but it's time to hang 'em up. I don't think the Habs will go that route though fans were clamouring for him before he went to Philly. The fans also clamoured for Brière who was decent but ultimately expendable. We've got too many younger players coming up the pipeline who need to be given a fair evaluation.
    No, they can't cut ties with him - they signed him to a five-year deal last year!

that was a bit of a head-scratcher

In fairness to Vinny, it seemed to me that whatever line he was on (usually 4th) last year, he had nobody to compliment his style. Sure he's lost a step and I agree he's obviously not what he used to be, but the guy can still snipe if he's got someone to feed him the puck. I personally think he can still be useful around the net with that big body.

Welcome to 1954...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...rage-1.2776325

The Vancouver Sun has apologized for posting a photo caption labelling Vancouver Canuck prospect Jordan Subban as the "dark guy in the middle."

The photo also appeared on the Province website briefly on Tuesday night after Subban, a Toronto-born defenceman, scored the opening goal against the San Jose Sharks in the Canucks' first preseason NHL game.

Sun deputy editor Gillian Burnett and the newspaper changed the caption after concerns about it began to circulate on Twitter.

Subban, the youngest brother of Montreal Canadiens' star defenceman, P.K. Subban, was drafted 113th overall by the Canucks in 2013.

His other brother Malcolm Subban is a goalie for the AHL's Providence Bruins.

No, they can't cut ties with him - they signed him to a five-year deal last year!
    Holmgren learned from the best!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    that was a bit of a head-scratcher
    Um..yeah. Just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Holmgren learned from the best!
    Thank God he's been replaced by Ron Hextall, who actually seems to have some different ideas. If ever there was a franchise suffering from its insularity and loyalty...

Thank God he's been replaced by Ron Hextall, who actually seems to have some different ideas. If ever there was a franchise suffering from its insularity and loyalty...
    Well, judging by the amount of fights Philly's had in 3 preseason games, the ideas don't seem much different to me.

Haven't seen any of their games this preseason, but no, that doesn't bode well.

So how's everybody feeling about their team going into this season? I think that the Habs have to be considered as a serious contender in the East. We had a good run last year and we've jettisoned some dead wood in the off-season... I'm expecting us to be a bigger team this season...

If anybody needs a veteran 4th-liner, Travis Moen will not make the team this year...

Not feeling confident at all about my squad, but I do like their future. They have some good, young defensemen who will be ready in a year or two. And hopefully they finally have a competent, consistent goaltender in Steve Mason.

Well, if history is any indicator then I'm confident that my boys in blue will have a great first half of the season, only to fall apart in the second half and not make the playoffs.

I hate to admit it, but the Senators are on the road to becoming the Expos of the NHL. The owner is not so wealthy any longer and is convinced that he can ice a competitive team while spending significantly less than the cap. They have already hit a couple of road blocks negotiating a couple of contract extensions (Methot and Ryan) and they offered Ryan 7 x $7M! Ryan says he wants to "wait and see". If they can't keep guys like that after having lost Alfredsson (because of money) and Spezza (because he wanted to get out of the spotlight in a hockey-crazy town), then we will likely end up with lesser lights trying to replace elite players over and over. Last year's team was really lousy and they haven't made any major changes (David Legwand is not a major change). Team defence was just terrible (second highest shots allowed, just ahead of the Leafs) and they were the most penalized team in the league. So discipline is what's needed to improve the results, but that might mean a very plodding, unexciting brand of hockey.

So, no, I can't say I'm all that pumped for the start of the season.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)