Page 124 of 404 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Carcillo can come back in Game 4.

This is good news

...for the Kings.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I think both Quick and Lundqvist are potential Vezina-level netminders (IIRC Lundqvist *did* win in '12, the same year that Quick won the Conn Smythe), not this season of course, but both can potentially lights-out an opponent on any given night. I think the difference is the firepower Quick has in front of him. I think the addition of Gaborik has been major for LA.
    It's a spoonerism

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Carcillo can come back in Game 4.

This is good news

...for the Kings.
    Whether or not he's allowed to play, I am praying we don't have to put Carcillo back in the lineup. I think only an injury or another suspension (I'm talking to you Benoit Pouliot and John Moore: cut out the dumbass dirty stuff) would get Carcillo back into the lineup. I really don't see this series getting "dirty" enough to warrant his insertion into the lineup.

I'd stick with the lineup that won Game 6 against the Habs. It was the Rangers' best and most complete game in years (perhaps decades). The only possible change would be replacing Diaz with Moore when the latter is able to come back from suspension.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Like him or not, Dan Carcillo has been a pretty solid Ranger. He was great in the Flyer series. If someone goes down and he's put in the line-up, I'm ok with it.

I'll be cheering like mad, but agree the Rangers have to play every game like Game 6 against the Habs if they want to have a chance. Gonna be tough to pull this off. I like being the underdog though
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Rangers in 7. Hank steals at least two games, wins Conn Smythe.

Rangers need to steal tonight's game. Maybe catch the Kings by surprise. They need 1 of 2 in LA and tonight's the night to do it.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers in 3.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

As the overwhelmed Kings just throw in the towel, after being outscored 24-2 in the first 3 games?

These are fun and very clever in some cases...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...gn=programming

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    These are fun and very clever in some cases...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...gn=programming
    They're great!!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

You guys in the US probably didn't see this, but they interrupted the hockey game to ask people living in Moncton NB to stay in their homes as Police search for a gunman who has so far shot and killed three RCMP officers and injured two others. There is nothing funny about this, but only in Canada would they think to interrupt a hockey game to reach the public with such an important message.

I love this country! And bless those officers and their families. I hope they catch this guy before he can hurt anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    only in Canada would they think to interrupt a hockey game to reach the public with such an important message.
    Because shootings in the U.S. are so commonplace these days.

/political rant off

Ruh roh, Rangers. That 3rd period was a wee bit lopsided

If we don't play 60 mins. like the 1st period, this series is over. Still, the game went to OT (thanks Henrik!) and had a chance to steal one.

IMO, it was the game the Rangers had to steal. Kings caught off-guard by Rangers speed in the 1st, and the Rangers had the lead. Then, things settled into what I was expecting.

I'll stick with my original prediction of Kings in 5, but I'd like to see the rangers find a way to prevail; despite knocking us out. We could at least say that we lost to a team that nobody beat in the playoffs this year...

The eons are closing
    The Kings were just awful for about 1.5 periods; but thankfully got the job done.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yeah...Rangers seemed to take their foot off the gas way too early. If they can capture that first period intensity for longer than 20mins it should be a great series.

Also, seem rather subdued in the building last night at the beginning.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

OK this is VERY good news for the league

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/s...records-game-1
    It's a spoonerism

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The Kings were just awful for about 1.5 periods; but thankfully got the job done.
    not even a period worth of credit. It's bitter down there at the bottom aint it? Hey, I heard ya just signed Dan Boyle so look out!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    not even a period worth of credit. It's bitter down there at the bottom aint it? Hey, I heard ya just signed Dan Boyle so look out!

The Rangers should have stuck the fork in the Kings in the 2nd period; but they didn't and LA cleared their heads just enough to recover.

Re: Boyle
    Would instantly become our #1 D-man....ouch!

So the Pens hire Jim Rutherford as GM. Thought Rutherford was gonna take some time off and "remain in the Canes front office" . . . . . . hmmmmmm. Looks like he'll have to sell his stake in the Canes.

Names mentioned/rumoured/discussed regarding the Canes coaching job: Kevin Dineen, Jacques Martin, Bylsma, Ulf Samuelsson.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Tough one to swallow last night. Rangers played a damn good game but were butt slammed by a goal that should not have been. Sure you can say no excuse for blowing another lead, but that 3rd goal was text book interference and took all the wind out of their sails. So disappointed. Hope we can even it up at home.

Tough one to swallow last night. Rangers played a damn good game but were butt slammed by a goal that should not have been. Sure you can say no excuse for blowing another lead, but that 3rd goal was text book interference and took all the wind out of their sails. So disappointed. Hope we can even it up at home.
    I agree that the goal should not have been allowed but I'm afraid I can't agree that the Rangers couldn't recover from it. But no question the goal should've been waived off.
    It's a spoonerism

The eons are closing
    Klonker: I was in Pearl River at Bin 41 on central ave watching the game. Didn't feel right going to Flemings' given who I was rooting for

Generally speaking in the playoffs, the refs have let all sorts of sh!t vs. goalies go 'unpunished'; so I definitely understand the frustration. The Kings are going to consistently come back; its their M.O. The blueshirts HAVE TO be mentally tougher if they want to get back into this series.

Put up or shut up time for the Rangers, for sure . . . . . . I want seven games!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Klonker: I was in Pearl River at Bin 41 on central ave watching the game. Didn't feel right going to Flemings' given who I was rooting for

Generally speaking in the playoffs, the refs have let all sorts of sh!t vs. goalies go 'unpunished'; so I definitely understand the frustration. The Kings are going to consistently come back; its their M.O. The blueshirts HAVE TO be mentally tougher if they want to get back into this series.
    You were in PR? You should have given me a heads up! I would've gone down and had a beer...could care less who you cheer for. A wise choice to stay away from pretty much most of those bars if you're a vocal fan Unless you're in the mood to fight with a bunch of boozed up 20 somethings