Page 11 of 402 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

...and Arnott fails the physical so tenative deal is now off
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Lino
    You can have Kessel and Phaneuf if you want them. Give us Del Zotto and 3-4 draft picks and they are yours.

The eons are closing
    Could we end the season right now? Coz the Isles would make the playoffs and the Buds, Blueshirts and Phlyers would not!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Could we end the season right now? Coz the Isles would make the playoffs and the Buds, Blueshirts and Phlyers would not!
    So would the Habs! The Devils have been one of those teams who have pwned us in Montreal for years. We blew a 2-goal lead twice, but still mamanged to get that 2nd point. I like what I'm seeing so far. They show up every night.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Bolts vs Fliers -- Almost a shut-out ! Another super-soft goal slides in past (back-up) goalie Lindback. He's looking good though, doesn't fall apart when the pressure is on. But he's only played 38 NHL games in the last 2 seasons for Nashville. Once he gets warmed up, this could be the goalkeeping Tampa's been needing and looking for.
    ---PP still needs work.....Old Man Marty St.Louis gets 4 assists....

The eons are closing
    BTW, Visnovsky 'should' be reporting in about 2 weeks!
    Somehow, I dont think he will be worth the aggravation!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    So would the Habs! The Devils have been one of those teams who have pwned us in Montreal for years. We blew a 2-goal lead twice, but still mamanged to get that 2nd point. I like what I'm seeing so far. They show up every night.
    BTW, was playing plastic green head again the other day...awesome. Thanks again for those discs!

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    You can have Kessel and Phaneuf if you want them.
    You can fold them up into a little bitty package, because they are sooo soft.

The eons are closing
    phaneuf can definitely come across as a cheap shot artist, IMO. If that's what you want in a captain, then he's perfect!

Lino
    Burke really fucked up this ship lol. Fine, trade for Phaneuf...didn't cost us anything of importance. Well done. BUT...annoint him Captain, the minute he gets off the plane? Give him top 10 defenceman kind of money?? I swear sometimes I think Burke was high the whole time he ran this team. And I'm not even complaining about the Kessel trade.
    Kessel is a very good, consistant goal-scorer and offensive weapon...but NOT a leader, NOT a cornerstone, and NOT somebody who consistantly elevates the play of others. But again, I'm able to look past that because he got 2 first rounders back for Kaberle...and I don't blame him for thinking the Leafs would finish higher than second last that year.

What was more irksome about the guy was his constantly blaming the media for shit ("The Leafs will from now on have their own trade deadline date" )...his refusal to bend the cap in order to get players...pretending he was in the hunt for UFA's but offering pedestrian shorter term deals so he could stick top his principles. It's like he worked for the NhL head office instead of the Leafs.

I've been saying this for 5 years now, but this franchise has been a mess: TRADE EVERYBODY AND ANYBODY except young and coming players....as long as you can get draft picks and young players back. Start from fucking scratch PLEASE Fuck this tinkering and believing they have a chance to make the playoffs. If the Leafs made the playoffs last year, 3/4 of the team would be injured, in the hospital or worse after one round. Small, soft...not a play off formula for success.

The eons are closing

Very awesome, indeed.

He'll probably get fined, but should get a raise for creativity.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    When I initially saw the 'screen cap'; I thought it was gonna by a gangham style rant!

Hearing that the Habs & Subban are far apart and that the Rangers may be interested. Would love to see him QBing the PP for the blueshirts. God knows, they need something, until the league starts allowing them to decline penalties.

Flyers may have interest, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Lino, I was just having some fun. The Leafs aren't that bad off, but I doubt they will make the playoffs again this year. I actually think Phaneuf is a pretty decent player. But I agree with you that it was very premature to give him the captaincy when they did.

I was never a fan of Burke because as you said, he'd say one thing and do the opposite. I don't believe he delivered on very many of his promises and I think he made more bad moves than good moves. But then again, management may have had a hand in some of that too (i.e., tinker instead of full rebuild).

I'm confused about the Jake Gardiner situation. When he was out at the beginning of the year, the stories in the paper said that the Leafs would get better when he returned. Now I see that he's been shipped off to the Marlies. What's the story on that?

As I said before, losing Joffrey Lupul for 6 weeks is going to be very, very tough on the Leafs, as they don't have the depth to fill that spot on the roster. And I'm very suspicious about the goaltending. I could see them going with one or the other + a veteran, but not going all season with them both. The good news is that Kadri finally seems to be ready for the NHL.

My landlord is 'impaired' so I already got the white cane. If the refs start screwing up this year, I'm buying a 'zebra' shirt and wearing my geezer glasses to games. --- (geezer glasses: Big sunglasses that go over regular glasses)
    (P.S. Landlord loves the idea !! I almost did it last year)

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    My landlord is 'impaired' so I already got the white cane. If the refs start screwing up this year, I'm buying a 'zebra' shirt and wearing my geezer glasses to games. --- (geezer glasses: Big sunglasses that go over regular glasses)
    (P.S. Landlord loves the idea !! I almost did it last year)
    If you manage to do so a "LINO 3:16" poster makes a great accessory too!

If you manage to do so a "LINO 3:16" poster makes a great accessory too!

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Hearing that the Habs & Subban are far apart and that the Rangers may be interested. Would love to see him QBing the PP for the blueshirts. God knows, they need something, until the league starts allowing them to decline penalties.
    With the unfortunate situation with Michael Sauer, Rangers definitely need another defenseman. And yeah, he'd be much needed help for this anemic power play!

He's a punk ass bitch though

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I was quite pleased with the Devils in that game. They scratched out a point on a night where they probably should've been blown out.

The amount of penalties they're picking up (three straight, I think, in the Caps game last week) is distressing.

Ilya is looking real good this season. His time in the KHL appears to have been beneficial.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

...and Subban stays in Montreal.

Wow - he's only 23?

Nice save!