Page 113 of 402 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

So. That happened.

Didn't really expect Montreal to keep up with Boston. Maybe they are better than I thought they were. Maybe not, it's still early and overtime goals can be flukey.

Someone stole large bobblehead heads in Detroit. They caught the guy with Jimmy Howard's head and the cops took pictures with the head like it was the Stanley Cup. I don't know how many but they did show one outside the cop shop. I don't think I'd be stealing a large grinning head any time. That's just creepy to have hanging about.

I don't feel the Habs kept up with Boston. Bruins should have scored 7 or 8 goals last night. Price played out of his mind, he got help for his posts and from Boston missing a few open nets; and Boston's indiscipline undid them. I didn't expect the Habs to win one in Boston so I may have to change my prediction to Bruins in 6. Now, if the Habs steal Game 2 also...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Anyone but Minnesota and Matt Cooke. Criminal that he might get to step on the ice again this year. At least Seabrook isn't a multiple offender like him.

Go Habs, Ducks and Hawks. Undecided about Pens/Rangers, will just enjoy the hockey.

neil

Nobody who lives outside Pittsburgh should be a Pens fan. That's just gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Nobody who lives outside Pittsburgh should be a Pens fan. That's just gay.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Price was un fuckin believable last night, dude.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

...although the best save of the night was by that little shitsack Marchand when he mistakenly blocked his own teammates shot from going in with his skate

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Subban's father owns one.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

Subban's father owns one.
    I do like that...especially that it's a diving turtle . Though to be fair, there should be an identical Bruin sweater with Brad Marchand's name and # on it.

Well......that sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Well......that sucked!
    That was a major league choke job. I'm not sure if I should feel better that it's happened twenty times this playoffs that a team with a two goal lead has blown it but in this case, the Habs choked.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I do like that...especially that it's a diving turtle . Though to be fair, there should be an identical Bruin sweater with Brad Marchand's name and # on it.
    While we're on the subject:

19c620d4bf2868202e50220112946a88_432412-582x.jpg

the "talk to Pierre" button made me laugh out loud.

Good stuff!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

WTF happened to our powerplay??
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

What happened to scoring, period. Time for the big guns to step up. King Henrik, can't do it all by himself. I think a bounce back game, is in order.

neil

Rangers just out of gas right now... 5 playoff games in 7 nights?!

IF (all in caps) the Habs win tonight this will be a series. If Boston stops trying to live up to their BIG BAD BRUINS rep and start playing hockey (see: last 9 minutes of Game 2) they're almost unstoppable.

Note: To beat Price , you have to shoot high.

HE'S BEEN EXPOSED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Rangers just out of gas right now... 5 playoff games in 7 nights?!
    Rangers had so many chances and held Pitt for 18 minutes without a shot from their 2nd goal through much of the 3rd period. Baffling. Lundquist kept them in both games as Pitt, with so few shots, had so many more quality chances. Including both breakaway goals; and you knew Cindy would eventually score, especially one-on-one w/Henrik. Great 5-hole shot. Let's see if that rest helps. The back-to-back game was due mainly to a scheduling conflict at the very busy MSG-Lady Gaga is in town there too. Pppppfffffttttt....

Peter Laviolette was just hired by the Predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Rangers had so many chances and held Pitt for 18 minutes without a shot from their 2nd goal through much of the 3rd period. Baffling. Lundquist kept them in both games as Pitt, with so few shots, had so many more quality chances. Including both breakaway goals; and you knew Cindy would eventually score, especially one-on-one w/Henrik. Great 5-hole shot. Let's see if that rest helps. The back-to-back game was due mainly to a scheduling conflict at the very busy MSG-Lady Gaga is in town there too. Pppppfffffttttt....
    Definitely played better than game 2. But, I don't know man...yeah there were a lot of shots on goal for us (and 3 posts!), but Fleury only really had to make a handful of good saves. Most of the shots he saw or were in the pads. The scheduling sucks, Rangers are running on empty, Nash is soft, St. Louis disappeared, McDonagh must be playing hurt because he's nowhere near the level he was at before his shoulder injury and the PP is just dreadful. We'll see what the day off can do...one win and it's a new series. I'll be cheering like a madman, but I'm not feelin' too good right now.

Meanwhile I see Gaborik is lightin' it up out west

And I was thinking that the new playoff format was benefiting the Rangers this season. Under the old set up, they'd have played Boston instead of Pittsburgh in this round.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Some great hockey with the Habs and Bruins.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Some great hockey with the Habs and Bruins.
    Montreal creams the Boston Brufords...Yeah !

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Peter Laviolette was just hired by the Predators.
    I was kinda wonderin' whether or not Ron Francis was gonna give Lavs another shot in Raleigh. Won't happen now.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin