Page 108 of 403 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Would have been awesome if it said "discontent."
    LOL!

Looks like Ryan Smyth is about to announce his retirement and Saturday night will be his last game. A shame in a way...he was one of the few Oilers to give it all every time he stepped on the ice this season...but I'm really glad that he will retire an Oiler. Outside of a Team Canada jersey, he just never looked right in any other uni.

^^^ totally agree. Smyth was always a heart and soul type player. I wish there were more. The new breed are more like robots - "I'm only focused on the things that I can control ..."

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Eric Staal. I thought he was one of those guys, but he seems to be a shadow of his former self. Reginod?
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

**A trying season for Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Malone got even worse Saturday morning as the 34-year-old was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and cocaine possession.**
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rial&hpt=hp_t2
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    arrested on charges of driving under the influence and cocaine possession.**
    That's no way to go through life, son.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

This is an awesome hit! And the fuckin' guy gets tossed! This league is going down the shitter. I hate to see guys get hurt, but that is a perfect body check. Unreal.

Props to Ryan Smith for sure. That guy poured his guts out on the ice for many years. Guys like him are going the way of the dodo.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

This is an awesome hit! And the fuckin' guy gets tossed! This league is going down the shitter. I hate to see guys get hurt, but that is a perfect body check. Unreal.

Props to Ryan Smith for sure. That guy poured his guts out on the ice for many years. Guys like him are going the way of the dodo.
    OMG.Clean hit.I really hate this direction on game nowadays.It's more like a walking on thin ice.

Finland has play-off going on and fortunately my team is playing on final,starting on tuesday.
    This a hit from round 1.I think it's a good hit,opponent just don't see what's coming.Nurmi the hitter got 5 + 20 minutes penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to Eric Staal. I thought he was one of those guys, but he seems to be a shadow of his former self. Reginod?
    I think he likes golf more than hockey these days . . . . .

Speaking of, the Canes finished the season with a SO win in Philly today. So, the writeup as ESPN is a bit lazy. The NHL is a bit of a non-entity at ESPN anyway, and the Canes THE non-entities among non-entities.
    Which Staal got the goals?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400485465

EDIT: They actually went back and corrected it. The original headline and article said that Jordan did the scoring. Which was wrong.
    Last edited by Reginod; 04-13-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Congrats to Flyers' prospect Shayne Gostisbehere and his Union College teammates on their Frozen Four victory last night. Shayne was a +7 in his team's 7-4 win.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Regarding the Paille hit, I agree it was clean, and just an unfortunate accident, but I don't agree at all that McCabe being ejected for a clean hit is the reason the game is 'going down the shitter'. I believe that two things are at play here.

1) They are still way too many cheapshot/dirty hits going under punished
    2) The 'new' NHL, you know, where they were shockingly going to actually call what is written in the rulebook (wow, what a concept), regarding penalties, has now gone out the window. I have seen multiple instances in the past couple of years of lack of calls on vicious slashing and cross-checking plays. Once again, the NHL has taken a step back.

Still, a very exciting playoffs is coming up. Can't wait!

neil

Oh, and much as it pains me, I shall now root for the Habs, who are now Canada's team, by default. Hi Yves!

neil

Agree on both counts. Clean hit, bullshit call and Ryan Smyth's last few minutes as an Oiler had me in tears. Amazingly classy move by the Canucks to come back out on the ice as well. Awesome night.

East: BOS-DET | TBL-MTL | PIT-CBJ | NYR-PHI
    West: COL-MIN | STL-CHI | ANA-DAL | SJS-LAK

Here's the bracket-
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/bra...d=nhl:topheads

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Boston in 6
    Montreal in 7
    Jackets, in an upset, in 6
    Rangers in 7, but Philly wins the penalty/suspension pool

Avs in 6
    Chicago in 6
    Anaheim in 5
    Kings in 6
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Boston in 4
    Montreal in 6
    Rangers in 6
    Pitt in 6

Minn in 7
    Chi in 6
    Mouseketeers in 5
    Sharks in 5

Boston in 6
    Montreal in 6
    Philly in 7
    Pitt in 6

Colorado in 7
    St.Louis in 6
    Anaheim in 7
    Sharks in 6

Flyers signed Shayne Gostisbehere.

Yay!

For a playoff beginning night, I bring you exciting video of the Great One-
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ef=mostpopular

First game (MTL/BOLTS) goes to OT. And the Pens/B'Jax may too. I love this game.

Mont. vs Bolts !
    What a game !!
    I don't think I've ever seen a game where the teams were so evenly matched ! Well, maybe not in shots on goal (I would have gave Lindy a star for his goaltending! )

THAT was play-off hockey !

(P.S. -- Go Bolts ! )

Well, it was exciting, but there were so many 2-on-1's in the game, I thought that I was watching the Leafs again! I half expected to see Dion Phaneuf skating around. Let's see what game 2 brings.

neil

I would have loved to watch that game. Though the game televised here I did see was Jackets/Pens and that was a hell of a game too! Physical as all hell! I'd love to see the BJ's pull that one off. Missed Stars/Ducks

Tonight's game can't come soon enough. I'm so excited I can't stop farting. LETS GO RANGERS!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm liking this new television format. Getting to see my team in the playoffs has been spotty over the years. Go HABS!

I seriously thought they were going to lose last night, even though they played a better game than Tampa Bay. Once in overtime the better team doesn't always win.

Det/Bos - I absolutely hate both of these teams. Can they both lose in this round, just get them the hell out of here? I guess not, but I'm still wishing for a miracle.

This guy's ready for the playoffs:

wz93ce6gjojutdsu22rp.jpg

I would have loved to watch that game. Though the game televised here I did see was Jackets/Pens and that was a hell of a game too! Physical as all hell! I'd love to see the BJ's pull that one off. Missed Stars/Ducks
    Surprised you missed that; MSNBC and CNBC (chs. 15 & 122 TWC) showed them (or were you just out?) and then the Ducks win too; also ended up being a great game as the Ducks nearly blew a 4-0 lead.
    Tonight's game can't come soon enough. I'm so excited I can't stop farting. LETS GO RANGERS!!
    I missed this one, nice we got back to back pp goals, our special teams have been great these past few weeks. Got in from work just in time for the last 2 minutes of B'Hawks-Blues ot, heading for a second now. Also, Minny /Avs on now, surprise there starting the 3rd with a 2 goal lead for MN. Second OT starting in STL....

edit- triple OT in STL; longest game in Blues history. AV's tie Wild w/ 13.4 secs left. Heading to OT. Did I mention already that I love this game??!!
    Last edited by Obscured; 04-18-2014 at 12:23 AM.