Page 102 of 404 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

chicago announce kane out for year?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    HUGE game tonight between Rangers/Blue Jackets.
    GO BJs!!!!

Wait...what?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    LOL!

Speaking of which...see you tomorrow night mon ami. I hope your Mom has a big smile on her face.
    Gonna be a heated game. The intensity level has risen up a notch or 3 in the last 3 Habs games. A win against the Leafs would give the Habs a much more comfortable cushion. Nobody wants to be a Wild Card and have to play Pittsburgh or Boston in round 1!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Yeah, you'd never see a hat tossed on the MSG ice for an enemy hat trick...hell no!!

HUGE game tonight between Rangers/Blue Jackets. What does it feel like to be guaranteed a playoff spot without having to claw your way in during the last few weeks??!
    Original 6 teams excluded from my earlier comments about the USA. Those cities bleed hockey!

Good luck against CBJ ! They played the Habs really tough last night ! Price faced over 40 shots!

bjackets will be the lower bracket team to watch for a big upset in the playoffs

Yeah I like them too. Solid goaltending and they play hard. If the Rangers fail, that's the train I'm jumping' on. In the west it's the Blues. I'll always pull for John Davidson.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Nobody wants to be a Wild Card and have to play Pittsburgh or Boston in round 1!
    I don't think this city could handle another round with Boston. The wound from last's year's blowout loss is still bleeding. If we have to go in as a Wild Card, it's better to go a few rounds with Pittsburgh.

Inexplicably, Comcast sports net, (Local Capitals channel), is showing the Blues / (flexible) Flyers this afternoon

Major unexpected hook up!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

The Blues look damn good.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

For the first time this year I've been able watch consecutive Blues games, looks like they are getting hot just at the right time!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Helluva battle between Rangers and Devils in Joisey tonight. Another shutout for Lundquist, 3 in a row for Rangers. Last 2 minutes were pure playoff excitement. Great close-up of Jagr looking totally spent, gasping for breathes after Stepan 's empty netter.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hi all,
    I got back from Phoenix on Wednesday and stepped into a major shitstorm at work and here I am at 3am on Sunday morning and I'm at work (just waiting for a large file copy to complete). I saw the Yotes and Habs a couple of weeks ago at the beautiful Jobing.com arena. Habs took that one on their collective chins. Yotes have the same problem as the Sens - they can't play for 60 minutes. Sens are in the death spiral right now - can't beat a girls high school team right now. No #1 pick in the summer, so it's going to be a long dry summer in Ottawa.

Boston are peaking big time. So are the Flyers. They've been great lately. Simmonds has been a beast of late (in the most positive of ways). So many strong teams in the west - watch out that they don't beat each other to pulp and let the Bruins waltz all the way to the cup.

I will be sitting Shiva for the Sens when they are mathematically eliminated but I can hear the fat lady warming up in the wings.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Flyers faced a very difficult week last week. A home-and-home against the Penguins, Chicago, a desperate Dallas team, and the best team in the league, St. Louis.

Swept all five games. Amazing. Really impressed with how they're playing now. As rottersclub says, Wayne Simmonds has been on fire, and the goaltending has really stepped up, too. Hope they're getting hot in time for a long playoff run.

What I really like (hate) about Wayne Simmonds is he plays angry and is always in the dirty areas. I wish the Rangers had a guy like that. In my opinion, with the Flyers, the biggest test will be the goalie performance in the playoffs. We'll see if Mason is for real then. But yeah, their the hottest team in the East right now.

Pricks.

Rangers got themselves on a nice little roll right now too with 3 in a row Still waiting for St. Louis to score a goal though. Even missed on an empty net last night!

What I really like (hate) about Wayne Simmonds is he plays angry and is always in the dirty areas. I wish the Rangers had a guy like that.
    They got lucky with Simmonds. This team historically (maddeningly) puts toughness over skill, but Simmonds has proven to be a bit of a scorer, too. Valuable player on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I don't think this city could handle another round with Boston. The wound from last's year's blowout loss is still bleeding. If we have to go in as a Wild Card, it's better to go a few rounds with Pittsburgh.

If the Leafs keep free-falling in the standings, you may not have to worry about any opponent in the playoffs. I think the 2 wildcards in the East will come down to the last game of the season for potentially 4 teams. Big win by the Habs on Saturday to distance themselves a little from that pack.

I think the 2 wildcards in the East will come down to the last game of the season for potentially 4 teams.
    Agreed, Yves. That race has been tight all season. Crazy.

well i jinxed columbus anyway. lol

If the Leafs keep free-falling in the standings, you may not have to worry about any opponent in the playoffs. I think the 2 wildcards in the East will come down to the last game of the season for potentially 4 teams. Big win by the Habs on Saturday to distance themselves a little from that pack.
    So true. The Leafs could not afford to lose to Tampa or Montreal last week, and they lost to both. Even if they somehow make it to the playoffs, there's no way they're getting out of the first round alive at this rate.

Being a Leafs fan is not easy.

Esther, who's bandwagon do you jump on if the Leafs don't get in? Or anyone else in this thread for that matter. If your team is eliminated do you stop watching or are you a big enough hockey fan to go on cheering for another team? Me, if (when) Rangers are done, I have a few teams that Ive always liked to pull for. I've always been a Blues fan since the Shanny days and especially when John Davidson took over. Now with JD in Colombus, I'll pull for them and they're probably the only team in the East I'd roll with (maybe Boston). Always had a lot of respect for Detroit though. Warm weather teams are right out! As far as Canadian teams, I've always pulled for Toronto mostly based on Wendel Clark probably being my favorite non-Ranger ever. Original 6 teams factor in too.

Re: Tampa- Danger! Stamkos returns after being off 4 months, Watch out !!

(now if the boneheads could cut down on the dumbass penalties - 6 in the Pitts. game !! )

Other fave teams ? -Sabers (old 'hometown' team)
    -Toronto of course !

Esther, who's bandwagon do you jump on if the Leafs don't get in?
    Deep in my heart, after the Leafs I'm a Sens fan (that's not easy either!). Can't say why really other than I've always liked Alfredsson and they're the next team closest to home. But since there's no bandwagon there to jump on, I would normally jump on another Canadian team. That might be hard this year, seeing as the only Canadian team looking good to make the playoffs is Montreal. I just don't know if I can root for the Habs. There's a deep-seated rivalry there that's in my bones...plus a fun-loving rivalry with a couple of friends who would never let me live it down. I could always follow Alfie to Detroit and place my allegiance there. I'm just not sure this year. But it's a moot point really since the Leafs are going to make their comeback, make the playoffs, and win the cup!

McDonagh's game winner in ot ends another great, playoff like game at The Garden. 4 straight down the stretch outta nowhere. Helluva game for Girardi and King Henrik shines on a night where the Rangers saluted his recent and continued all-time records.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Habs end Bruins 12-game win streak with only 3 lines and our No 2 goalie in net! They lost 2/3 of the 4th line when Weise got taken into the boards violently and Moen got TKOed trying to defend him. Budaj stood on his head and the Habs prevailed 2-1. Very exciting game!

It seems that some fans who are upset with the Leafs' losing streak are blaming James Reimer and taking it out on his wife, via Twitter. That is so wrong. People can take sports way too seriously and become real assholes.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...n_twitter.html