Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS shipping delays at this time of year

^ I hope the porch bandits didn't get you, Scott.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I just spoke with someone at my local post office - he said sometimes Amazon accidentally puts a package on a palette with packages going to a different zip code, so the package can be misdirected that way. I guess I'm willing to believe some bonehead at Amazon screwed up as much as I am that some bonehead at the USPS screwed up.

I wish it was being delivered by a dangerous drone instead of a boneheaded human!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I hope the porch bandits didn't get you, Scott.
    Yeah, me too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Something that my wife ordered was on a train that derailed in NE a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Something that my wife ordered was on a train that derailed in NE a few days ago.
    The first time I ordered an iPad (well, only time) it was to be shipped from China (!), and the plane it was on broke down on the runway so they had to ship another. This is just how they did it back then...

WTF? My package has now passed through my local post office twice, and each time sent to other USPS facilities in other places. That's right, it was BACK in my village this afternoon, but sent somewhere else again and still not expected to be delivered till Saturday.

That USPS crack must be good!

Don't be jealous, but I ordered something for work when I got home last night around 5 pm and it was here at 10:30 am today (UPS)...which totally saved my butt.
    <sig out of order>

Now my package is back in my town, so our tip-soliciting mail-carrier might bring it today after all.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Now my package is back in my town, so our tip-soliciting mail-carrier might bring it today after all.
    And then again, the sender may have payed for the Super Deluxe Holiday Tour, in which case your package is off to have a look at Niagara Falls.

^ It actually did arrive today. Surprised!

However, there's another non-Amazon package I'm still waiting for, that was sent via Fedex 2-day and was supposed to arrive yesterday. It's still in New Jersey, and the status page says "No scheduled delivery date available at this time," and it hasn't been scanned since Tuesday night at midnight. It's perishable, so if it doesn't arrive today, I'm hoping it festers for a long time.

^ It actually did arrive today. Surprised!

However, there's another non-Amazon package I'm still waiting for, that was sent via Fedex 2-day and was supposed to arrive yesterday. It's still in New Jersey, and the status page says "No scheduled delivery date available at this time," and it hasn't been scanned since Tuesday night at midnight. It's perishable, so if it doesn't arrive today, I'm hoping it festers for a long time.
    This still is sittin in NJ, and hasn't been scanned since Thursday night. Unfortunately it has a pretty long shelf life (it's marzipan fruit, but very fresh, not the cardboardy kind),, but hopefully it will sit long enough to attract vermin. I wonder if a package is marked as being perishable and goes missing for about a week, would FedEx still deliver it when they find, or just say "Yeah, we'll throw this out for you." Or "Here's your rotten food!"

Thankfully all the packages I shipped for my customers arrived on time (except one, but supposedly due to an incorrect address).

Jed's marzipan reminds me of the first Christmas running my store - I had a package returned; bad address or something like that. I'd tried contacting the customer, but they never called back or came in to the get the package. At the time I thought it couldn't be considered 'abandoned' until six or nine months had gone by. So nearly a year later, I finally decide I'd done my due diligence and opened it to see what special gift I'd inherited.

Turned out to be a fruit cake, which had definitely fermented by that point....and ever since, I've adopted my own 30-day policy on unclaimed returned packages

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Thankfully all the packages I shipped for my customers arrived on time (except one, but supposedly due to an incorrect address).

Jed's marzipan reminds me of the first Christmas running my store - I had a package returned; bad address or something like that. I'd tried contacting the customer, but they never called back or came in to the get the package. At the time I thought it couldn't be considered 'abandoned' until six or nine months had gone by. So nearly a year later, I finally decide I'd done my due diligence and opened it to see what special gift I'd inherited.

Turned out to be a fruit cake, which had definitely fermented by that point....and ever since, I've adopted my own 30-day policy on unclaimed returned packages

Peter
    This definitely has the correct address, since I've ordered from them before using the same info. But there's human error involved so what the hay.

For some reason I can't find the more generic USPS/UPS bitch thread, so:

Yesterday I received a CD-sized package via USPS, and inside was a piece of cardboard. That's it, nothing else. No CD, no packing slip. I don't recognize the return address, which has no name, band name, or label name. The return address on the shipping label sounds like either a retail shipping location or a fulfillment warehouse (it says "Shipping Center"), but I can't find anything at that address searching the Googles. The shipping label has a USPS tracking number that shows it as Delivered (which it was; the packaging was intact) and gives a first scan location as City of Industry, CA, which is a major postal hub (for LA I guess).

I've recently ordered several CDs, or it could be something I'd pre-ordered. I've contacted a couple of possible suspects, but no luck identifying the sender yet.

Maddening! At least I know my Moon Letters CD should be arriving today.

Maybe your pre-order of vaporware was fulfilled with an invisible CD?

For all the bitching about Louis DeJoy's massively messed up USPS, I gotta say, almost every package I've shipped or received in the past couple of years has arrived on or before the promised date. And Amazon? Don't get me started. How they can DELIVER a $3 item the SAME DAY I ordered it -- with no shipping charges -- well it just doesn't seem like a sustainable business model.

I’m now getting USPS mail at 7pm…..even / especially on Saturdays! Been that way for 6+ months.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Me too. I see trucks rolling on Sunday, too. Never used to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I’m now getting USPS mail at 7pm…..even / especially on Saturdays! Been that way for 6+ months.
    When that happens here usually someone called out and someone finished their route after theirs.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Just to be clear, this error seems to be on the part of the vendor, not USPS. I just hope I can figure out who shipped it and what the item was!

Just to be clear, this error seems to be on the part of the vendor, not USPS. I just hope I can figure out who shipped it and what the item was!
    Can we rule out the possibility that you were drunk and late night ordered a piece of cardboard off ebay?

jk.

There Is a Ebay scam out there. You buy something......you get something (a piece of cardboard) and all the markers on Ebay show something bought / something delivered. Ebay says all-good!

There is a member on another forum who bought a Rickenbacker bass and got a pair of slippers! All indicators say Transaction completed.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

One pair of slippers? Not a whole colony?

^ Ha haaaa.......

Were they Rickenbacker slippers, at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    There Is a Ebay scam out there. You buy something......you get something (a piece of cardboard) and all the markers on Ebay show something bought / something delivered. Ebay says all-good!
    I don't really understand how it works, but they call it a "brushing scam", and somehow it allows the seller to bump up their positive feedback and write positive reviews for the merchandise that they sell. I don't think there is any risk to the party that receives the package, usually.