Thread: Steve Hackett - Canadian TV interview

Steve Hackett - Canadian TV interview

http://www.chch.com/guitar-legend/

From Hamilton, Ontario, a nice little interview with an interviewer who seems to be something of a fan. I saw the show last night in Oakville (front row!) and it was fantastic.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

That is awesome promotion. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What a complete Gentleman. I'm impressed with the interviewer (saw him before but didn't know he was such a drooling fan). Thanks for always sharing cool stuff.

why that interviewer knows his stuff---Steve is the best no doubt.

One of the better interviews I've ever seen. The guy was very knowledgeable and it was refreshing to see someone really dig deep into Steve's history and music.

I remember years ago Hackett did an acoustic tour of the US and was on a morning show (Today?). He was playing acoustic guitar and in the middle of doing something (probably Horizon) one of the anchors of the show said "such peaceful music, I feel like putting my head down and taking a nap".

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I didn`t know Steve lived in Canada during his youth for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    One of the better interviews I've ever seen. The guy was very knowledgeable and it was refreshing to see someone really dig deep into Steve's history and music.

I remember years ago Hackett did an acoustic tour of the US and was on a morning show (Today?). He was playing acoustic guitar and in the middle of doing something (probably Horizon) one of the anchors of the show said "such peaceful music, I feel like putting my head down and taking a nap".
    I remember that, I think it was CBS This Morning. He was promoting Guitar Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    I remember that, I think it was CBS This Morning. He was promoting Guitar Noir.
    Yes i saw him on US TV at that time---I like in the interview GTR 30th anniversary coming up next year---how about a short GTR tour lol

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post

I saw that, too. It was just painfully awkward when the anchorwoman interrupted him. Poor Steve was about 10 seconds away from the last note, but I guess the anchorwoman had no idea when it would end and needed to cut to a commercial.

I haven't seen that clip of Genesis doing the musical box. What year/tour was that? Is there more footage out there?

Great! Thanks